Anyone else have problems with WM Portable DVD player??

Tessangel

We have a portable player from walmart, never had any problems and use it constantly. Kind of surprising too, since it's a durabrand, didn't think it would last more than 6 months.

Which Durabrand? IIRC: The 7" and dual screen players are both made by Venturer (which made the 6.2" player for Black Friday), while the 8.5" and 10" players are made by Initial. Initial tends to be a bit better than Venturer.

I bought the Venturer PVS1262 on Christmas Eve for $79.00 (with 10%off) as my hubby is an employee of the DC. My son ablosutely loves it and screamed "ROAD TRIP" as soon as he saw it. It plays fantastic and has a bigger screen than I thought it would have. We were shocked that the battery pack was already charged. :2cloud9:

We bought the $149 for two screens Emerson portable dvd player and have been "dually" impressed (sorry...bad joke). Seriously tho, the picture quality and sound are great, and they're so lightweight and completely portable, not like some of the ones I've seen that might as well be laptops

My DH bought these for our two boys the day after thanksgiving also. They are junk...we returned them last night because both of them were having problems...One would only recognize 2 out of the 5 DVD's brought for the road trip to grandma's ( yes they were new/original dvd's we do not own any copied ones) and the other would stop and then restart on a whim several times throughout the movie. I am writing to Wal-Mart...how can they sell such junk...thank goodness they were not from Santa...what would you do them...what do you say to a child then? "Well, let me just call Santa and see if he will have an elf make you a new one?" I will let you know what I find out.

Brenda