Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

Not a lot out there. Very, very few Legos left. Seems like they were salvaged at some stores and went 70 at others. Nerf Rebelle, some Nano Blocks, Mega Bloks Halo. Some stores had a variety of Spy Gear marked down. Found the giant Hexbugs at one store only  (out of 8), lots of Imaginext, some Monster High (though few actual dolls), and lots of games. Very picked over everywhere, though I still managed to spend some money. :-)

I went to three Targets yesterday and got a lot a 70% off. I plan to go through it today and decided who gets what and make a list. I know I got the Nerf Rebels for DD and 3 of my DGS's are getting MIke the Knight castles and accessories. 

It was weird here because some things were 70 percent off at one store but they would not even be on sale at another. 

By Christmas I will have 8 grandbabies and 1 nephew all under 5 so I am thankful for this sale!!

Chesapeake stores at Hilcrest and Greenbriar and the one in Norfolk on Military Hwy. My parents went to the one at Chesapeake Square but nothing was marked while they were there.

It was weird here because some things were 70 percent off at one store but they would not even be on sale at another. 

Not so weird as you might think. They do this big clearance in July/August to make space for what they will sell at Christmas. All the manufacturers ship new product starting in this same time frame, and the stores do the clearance to make space for higher yielding products. In fact, they often clearance stuff in July and bring it back in January after Christmas. Smaller stores have even less precious shelf space, so they will have to sacrifice some products that other stores are able to keep the whole season and through to the next without the break. I noticed they clearanced some Spy Gear at several of the smaller stores that wasn't clearanced at the larger ones. Likewise the Hexbug stuff. Some of the items had to go. Both of those lines usually have Target Exclusive holiday sets that they bring in and charge a premium for. So, they get rid of the lower margin items. It is an interesting process. Sometimes I wonder about the things they sacrifice. Doesn't always seem sensible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post about the dollar spot.  The giant tootsie rolls are included and so are the freezer pops.  I picked up the tootsie rolls for my "big" trick or treaters!!  These will be a hit.

Also found some Frozen items that were 50% off too.

Weird this time around . . . signs said "50% off items that have red dot on shelf".  Not the usual "black dot" or "blue oval" specific.  This made things a little trickier for me as the shelves were a MESS and I wasn't sure if the items were suppose to be on sale or not.  Some of the descriptions on the shelves were vague, so did a lot of scanning.  Mostly black triangle items.

Thanks for the tip on the Tootsie Rolls. I'll stop by tomorrow. As of this afternoon our store still didn't have any signs up. I had noticed those red spots on the shelves. The only things I found that scanned 50% off were the triangle ones. Does anyone's sign say the "through" date so I know when it will go 70% off? Usually it's Thursday morning. Thanks.

Wednesday afternoon-dollar spot 70% off!!! They had a ton left so I got a cartful for the shoebox project. Some of the school in the back of the store was 30% with a few things 50%. Most of the dollar spot is the stuff with a triangle on it but it is supposed to be the stuff with the red spot on the shelf. Confusing, as usual. :)

• Like 1

SOme school marked down to 70% off. Their spiral notebooks are .07 cents. Their store brand two pack of glue sticks are .11. Not clearly marked so unless it has a red clearance tag price on it you will have to scan it. It's mostly the store brand items although the single post it note packs were 70% off to

Thanks I will check here tomorrow

Since I was there when they opened yesterday I grabbed a whole unopened box of .07 notebooks. They are for the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. There were plenty more those.

Which Mead notebooks are you talking about? I didn't see anything else that cheap at our store and I was there again today. I don't want to miss something! lol

Back to School is 90% in some spots.  Picked up Post It packs for 10 cents each, glue bottles for 3 cents each, and single subject notebooks for 6 cents each.  I teach so I was able to really stock up for the rest of the year and probably most of next year too.  Binders were 50% still and they were starting to salvage those as I got there around 12:30 this morning.  I managed to pick up a couple before they could get to them.

Thanks OP! I just got home from Target-ran over as soon as I read your post. I got a ton of stuff. My cousins son is the principal of a Catholic grade school so I got 100 of the glue for .03 each! Their art rooms will be stocked for a long time now. I got all the change purses and staplers left. Found some spiral notebooks and the bags of red pens were super cheap too. I got everything for the shoeboxes and/or the grade school. So much fun! Oh and I also got enough to get two of $5.00 gift cards! (checked out twice)

Also found the solid color folders (2 pockets w/o brads) for .01 each and the 2 pocket poly folders for .05 each.  I don't remember the school stuff ever going 90%.  Seems everything always had the red markdown stickers which only went down to 70%.  Glad they had some items that went down on a seasonal scale.  We go thru post it notes like water :)

Edited by txsupermom