Do you use rebates? Have any tips?

shanni

I've just recently started and was wondering if this is common....

I get an email telling me

The Rebate Promotion center has received your submission for a rebate promotion. We unfortunately are unable to verify your qualification for the offer online. To redeem your rebate you may mail ALL of the required redemption materials to the Rebate Promotion Center Resubmission Department.

Which is bull, I did send everything, and made copies of everything. So I send them an email. Right after I send the email I get this

Rebate Promotions.com recently sent out an email informing you that we were unable to validate your rebate. This was incorrect, and we apologize. Your rebate status is still available at Rebate Promotions.com. If you have already received your rebate check, please disregard both notices.

I should have my check tomorrow. I was just curious if there is anything special you do to be better prepared incase you are denied.

I've been doing rebates for about 8 years now. You've done everything right - make copies of every single item (UPC's, receipts, any forms you fill out, etc.). I keep the scanned in copies of these documents on my PC and print out if needed. Most of the time if the rebate comes with an official form, it has an 800 number to contact the rebate co.

It does sound like a mistake though. I hope you get it soon. :)

I've been doing rebates for as long as I can remember and yes, sometimes mistakes happen with the rebate company. And yes you did everything correct, always make copies of everything they rebate asks for. I've had them tell me they recieved part of the info and not other parts of it when it was all sent in together. No way it wasn't in the envelope. Sometimes I think they just want to get out of paying the rebate. Be persistent!! I also make a note of when the rebate should arrive on my calendar.

I don't understand rebates though, why not just mark the price down by whatever the rebate is and let us purchase it at that price instead of making us cut out the upc, fill out the rebate and mail all that stuff in. Makes no sense since they have to hire a company to handle the rebates. Oh well..as long as they offer them I will continue to utilize them. :runaway:

I don't understand rebates though, why not just mark the price down by whatever the rebate is and let us purchase it at that price instead of making us cut out the upc, fill out the rebate and mail all that stuff in. Makes no sense since they have to hire a company to handle the rebates. Oh well..as long as they offer them I will continue to utilize them. :runaway:

Because quite a few ppl forget to mail in the rebates, or these "mistakes" the companies make, they hope the people forget about the rebates and then they didn't lose any money by selling the item at full price with the rebate. I'm dealing with office depots right now, of course they got the $10 dollar one, but they didn't get the $75 dollar one, go figure:curse:

Rebates are such a scam. I don't know how many I've either forgotten to send away or just haven't received. I am no longer buying things with rebates. I am tired of giving companies an interest free loan with a 50/50 chance of getting it paid back whenever they feel like it.

I can almost understand the manufacturers rebates because they deal with so many retail outlets but a Circuit City or Best Buy rebate???? Seems to me if they are willing to give the rebate..........wouldn't it make more sense to actually offer a discount instead and not bother with the rebate scheme? I know it has to do with percentages, they know some people will forget and others will fill out the info incorrectly but it still seems like a scam to me. Sorry so long winded, just my two cents.

I usually input on my "To Do" task list in Outlook to follow-up with the rebates in 6 weeks. I've been dealing with rebates for years and for the most part haven't had too many problems except with PNY Technologies. First time, they claim to have never received my submission so I faxed it over and eventually I got it. Second time around, they actually did get it but gave me an excuse why it hadn't been processed. When I FINALLY got the rebate, it was $5 less than what I was suppose to get back. PNY said they'd look into it (they never did)...but by then I'd become so tired of dealing with them I gave up. This was a couple years ago...hopefully things have changed there.

On the flip side, Walgreens usually processes their rebates pretty fast. But that may be because I have them add it to my gift card (you get 10% back if you use this option!).

i have an excel worksheet that i write the, date rebate was sent, the item bought, the store bought from, the amount, the website of the rebate center and their phone number plus i take pictures of the upc, receipt, and rebate form. .....pretty intensive but no one screws me lol, i have had issues but i call and they tell me whats up