good gift for my 3 y.o dd???

nick_jenni_jocelyn

I am going nuts, thinking what am i going to get dd for xmas. her bday was nov. 28th and she got most of the things that i was going to get her from xmas(from other people, without me telling them). I am at a loss. One thing i did come up with is this http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-7605584-5453433?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00000IZCL I was planning on getting her some new coloring material and crayons, markers, stickers... all of hers are old and dried out. any other suggestions?

part of me says not to worry about it since she still has bday stuff and she is getting things from about 4 other people, but the guilt wont go away. :confused:

Twin Time Dollhouse

Cinderella Castle

Lincoln Logs

My Little Pony Dance Studio

Basketball set

Ariel Doll

Cinderella Doll

V-Tech thing for learning to draw letters

Lite Brite

Geo Trax

Her birthday is Today and toys that I got her

V Smile

Disney Sleeping Bag

I have a 2 1/2 year old and she would love that desk. If you have room in the house for it, I would get that for sure. My DD is asking for a guitar. Some other ideas are:

Color Wonder Set

Little People Zoo Set

Purse

Play make up set

Mr Potato Head or spud buds

This purse from Toystogrowon.com

http://www.toystogrowon.com/graphics/products/full/968_f.jpg

Princess dress up kit. Includes dress, shoes, crown, and wand. seperately they cost about $6-8 a piece (Walmart $10). I got one for a friends little girls third birthday and while I was checking out my 2 and 1/2 y/o kept saying that it was hers so of course I had to back and get her one. "Big girl things" Kid DVDs that are "all" hers. Play kitchen with all the goodies (Toys r Us was having a sale I dont know when it ends though). I gave a couple different price ranges. hope that helps

That desk is awesome. That's our big gift to our nephew this year, he's almost four. Everything will simply wipe off the desk, due to it's durable plastic material. It has a ton of storage for art supplies and whatever else. It is really big! You can also get it at TRU for 10 dollars less. Good luck.

The geotrax set is really cool for this age. They have a set on clearance for 39.00 at Walmart.com. It comes with the airport, lighthouse, and track. The airport alone is 25+ dollars. This is a great deal if you are interested in getting her something like that.

Pricey, but I finally just found this for my kids. As a matter of fact, it arrived today! I have heard nothing but great things about it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2603645

Can I ask how old/big you child that you got this for is? My son is 2.5y/o, and about 35 lbs, but I think would love this, but I can not find a weight or height restriction on it. I may just get him that (Santa really).

Thanks much.

My daughter is 2 1/2 and we have gotten her

Little Tikes kitchen

Dora Tree House (its a really big tent thing)

Dora doll

Dora's Talking Backpack

Mega Blocks

Play-doh

My Little Kitty Boombox 1cd and some tapes

Doodle Bear

Books for her Leap pad

Dora bath set

xylophone

There was a lot of other stuff I wanted to get her and some of this is from grandparents. I have put some things away for her birthday in March. I have a bike and a light bright I know.

You know her likes; if she really likes to draw and color I would go with that theme. A desk, any write on wipe off books, paints, an easel, a chalk board. I think she will be happy with what ever you get her so have fun!!

Guest outrbanx

Can I ask how old/big you child that you got this for is? My son is 2.5y/o, and about 35 lbs, but I think would love this, but I can not find a weight or height restriction on it. I may just get him that (Santa really).

Thanks much.

Ha! My son is 19 mos. and 35 lbs. He is kinda big. The same size and weight as his three year old sister. :)

It is for ages 2-5 yrs and up to 60 lbs.! If it can outlast my kids, that will be saying something. I have no doubt my nine year old will also sneak in a ride or two :)

Here is a link it's information page on Step2's website:

http://www.step2.com/index.cfm?stp2ssid=221A6954-1143-E489-2DD02EAD52DAFADE&action=details&product_id=1104&category_id=1000&subcategory_id=1010

I have a 2 1/2 year old and she would love that desk. If you have room in the house for it, I would get that for sure. My DD is asking for a guitar. Some other ideas are:

Color Wonder Set

Little People Zoo Set

Purse

Play make up set

Mr Potato Head or spud buds

This purse from Toystogrowon.com

http://www.toystogrowon.com/graphics/products/full/968_f.jpg

That purse is really cute!! I am now arguing with myself about whether to get it or not.:fryingpan

That desk is awesome. I have a little one who is going to be 4 in March. Here are some ideas.

Dora or Cinderella kitchen

Dora Doll house

Anything Dora related ( see a pattern LOL)

Cabbage Patch doll

Anything from My little Pony

Vsmile

Leapster or L Max

Storybook Reader

Thomas Trains/Train Table

Barbie and me ( soft doll geared towards younger kids)

Pound Puppies

Doodle bears/Monster

Things my DD asked for

Amazing Amanda (not gonna happen)

Hide and Seek Haley

Bullseye bounce

that desk is a great idea. We're getting it for our dd. She loves to draw

crayons (the big kind)chalk,markers, paper, coloring book

the little peoples castle

some wiggles DVD

march of the pequins (loves pequins)

the care bears story reader bear (not sure of the real name)

thinking of the larger blocks (she loves to build)

I One thing i did come up with is this http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/602-7605584-5453433?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00000IZCL I was planning on getting her some new coloring material and crayons, markers, stickers... all of hers are old and dried out. any other suggestions?

I think that looks like a great idea! Just stock that baby full of stickers, stencils, colored pencils, crayons, markers, watercolors, coloring books, construction paper, hole punchers, etc

Also, you could get her one of those magnetic chalkboards since it sounds like she loves to draw. That way she could either draw things on the chalkboard OR have her own display for her art. There's all kinds of cute magnets you could put with it (to either display or to start spelling words with)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005LBWC/ref%3Dnosim/mattgainescom-20/103-1938695-2400651

As far as toys go, my daughter loves anything Disney Princess, dress-up things, costume jewelry, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch, and Barbies. There are alot of small things that you could either have as stocking stuffers or for smaller presents.

Ha! My son is 19 mos. and 35 lbs. He is kinda big. The same size and weight as his three year old sister. :)

It is for ages 2-5 yrs and up to 60 lbs.! If it can outlast my kids, that will be saying something. I have no doubt my nine year old will also sneak in a ride or two :)

Here is a link it's information page on Step2's website:

http://www.step2.com/index.cfm?stp2ssid=221A6954-1143-E489-2DD02EAD52DAFADE&action=details&product_id=1104&category_id=1000&subcategory_id=1010

Thanks again. Hubby says looks like a better gift for his birthday(March), cuz not sure if it would get here in time. :g_thumbri

dunno if this is too much $$ but all the kids i knew (including myself), at that age, LOVED those little play kitchens

both of my nieces (2 - 3 in a couple weeks, and 5) love the play kitchens also.

just avoid the one that's around ~$30 at wal-mart. my sister got this for my niece last christmas, since she was only going to be turning 2 she didn't know if she should get an expensive one or not. i had to put it together, which meant trying to bend half of the pieces to fit together. all in all, it's not very sturdy at all... might as well spend the extra $ on one that will last for a while (she now has a little tikes one)