Beware of Kmart False Advertising!

LyLMyssChaos

After seeing the Kmart commercial on TV all week for "need toys? Head to Kmart, all toys are Buy 1 get the second 50% off, this week only at Kmart" my hubby and I decided to do just that. Only to have our purchases rung up at full price. I went to the customer service desk to ask about it, and they said "oh no, it's only the toys that are pictured on the front of the circular." So I said, well, your television ad doesn't say that. And they actually fought with me! So I said forget it, I returned all $200 worth of toys (which took the clerk about 20 minutes because I had a lot of "little" things) and I will be doing my shopping elsewhere from now on. I would hope that the television ad and the print ad would match, but apparently not for Kmart! I tell ya, everytime I try to give Kmart a chance, they end up doing something like this and so I stop shopping there for years. This time I don't think I'll be giving them anymore chances.

Have you noticed that when they have something advertised they never have it in stock? I quit shopping there a long time ago. I don't care how good a deal it "might be". K-Mart is a total waste of my time.

Yep. That's one reason why I stopped shopping there long ago. In all honesty, I only might stop at K-mart like once a year, if that. My hubby will try to talk me into "seeing if they've fixed things." And it's always the same garbage. I think the CSR totally did not expect me to return all that stuff. She just looked at me and said "Well, your receipt says you saved $19.00" and I said "yeah, from stuff that was on Clearance! I should have saved over $100!" Then she had the audacity to say "well, ya know? It is Christmas time and the toy selection can get pretty slim." To which I responded "that's all right. My children are 2 1/2 and 8 months. They won't know the difference! Just give me back my money so I can go spend it somewhere else!"

Grrrrr! Stupid Kmart idiots!!!

I am glad I am not crazy. I saw the same commercial ONCE, and only once and I could never find the information about it... I thought it was all toys also and sent hubby to get the last 2 toys for ds, no go, he thought I was nuts that "alltoys were bogo1/2" and was mad that I sent him into a store he hates....

False Advertising!!!!

I am glad I am not crazy. I saw the same commercial ONCE, and only once and I could never find the information about it... I thought it was all toys also and sent hubby to get the last 2 toys for ds, no go, he thought I was nuts that "alltoys were bogo1/2" and was mad that I sent him into a store he hates....

False Advertising!!!!

That's what my hubby said "there is no way that ALL toys would be bogo 1/2" and I said "um, during Christmas it is TOTALLY possible!"

That's what my hubby said "there is no way that ALL toys would be bogo 1/2" and I said "um, during Christmas it is TOTALLY possible!"

I heard the commercial and didn't thing anything about it. Its only a 25% off essentially, right? It seemed normal to me!

We have a Kmart on the "Dead" side of town, everything over there is leaving but it is the closest store of that sort on my side of town. However, I rarely shop there because most times even when they do advertise a sale, their sale price doesn't normally beat Walmart's everyday low price. It wouldn't bother me if that store left too.

I stopped shopping my Kmart because if it is advertised it, it is not available. This past summer I asked for a rain check on a garden supply and when I received the postcard saying it was in stock it was marked item needed to be picked up by a certain date. They gave me 3 days from when it was postmarked to pick up my weed killer and by the day I received it I had to one day left. Didn't pick it up and haven't returned. There are a lot of people in my area that would rather shop Kmart than Walmart which is only 5 minutes in the other direction, but have given up for these same reasons. When they are gone there will be no one wondering why.

I am never satisfied when I go into Kmart! I hate going in there, they never have the items I want and their customer service is terrible!!!! My dad worked there (30+ years ago) when I was a kid and I know we got alot of our stuff there. I believe the store has changed over the years and it just isn't as good as it used to be!

KMart is the only store that carries vacuum cleaner bags for my ancient, but still very functional, vacuum. I go about once a year and buy all they have, figuring they too will someday stop carrying them. Other than that yearly pilgrimage, I never, ever go to KMart. The store is dirty. The employees are rude. The customers are strange. And even if they do advertise a terrific price on something I want, they never, ever, have it.

It is such a shame what Kmart has turned into. The store that is nearest to me is clean usually, the shelves are pretty full but that's about it. It is like they have alot of "stuff" on the shelves. The employees are really helpful and friendly but unless there is something really good there, I don't take the drive.

I don't go to Kmart unless I absolutely HAVE to anymore. In my opinion, it has definitely gone downhill :no: Every store I have been in seems so dark and just "depressing" and the employees are always hard to get help from. Granted, I've had issues with Walmart, but they always take care of them.

i have a kmart w/i walking distance of my house, while the closest walmart & target are 20 mins away, but i never, ever go to kmart - it's always filthy, the prices are never very good, lots of cheap-looking store brand stuff, etc...in fact i think i've only been there once in the past 4 months (for luggage tags bc they have the american tourister accessory line) & even that was barely tolerable

i have a kmart w/i walking distance of my house, while the closest walmart & target are 20 mins away, but i never, ever go to kmart - it's always filthy, the prices are never very good, lots of cheap-looking store brand stuff, etc...in fact i think i've only been there once in the past 4 months (for luggage tags bc they have the american tourister accessory line) & even that was barely tolerable

Yeah, I also have a K-Mart within a half mile of my house and I always drive the 10 minutes to Target instead. :) Even when they have hundreds of signs advertising 50% off stuff, I don't waste my time turning in.

Guest Deals4Me
This is all soooooooo familiar. I used to stop in for a grocery ad. Once in awhile when were bored at 11 at night, and cant sleep...in the summer, we go there. NOW., a pack of wild horses couldnt pull me out.... Tired and cold...

we drove to KMART when we went shopping in the usa..and it was HORRIBLE! things seemed way overpriced..even their CLEARANCE was not a good deal to me at all! i dont even know how they are still opened with places like WALMART/MEIJER/TARGET as competition.

Hubby and I had to go do a training a few weeks ago and he was teaching a class and needed some rope. We ran into KMart since it was near the school where we were teaching. I agree with what everyone else has said here about the quality of both the store and the service. The one thing that we did find that was cute was an igloo ornament for $2.79. I had hoped to find some things for the kids (sweaters mainly..flyer had said they were on sale) but there was barely any selection and everything seemed very low quality. Basically we left with the rope and the igloo, lol.

We don't have any more KMarts where I live, Walmart ran them out of business. I wouldn't go to KMart, it was like going to the slums, run down and dirty. I have stopped going to Walmart, just because it seems like when I'm there all the rude and incosidirate people are there. Target is where I shop for the most part, I may spend a more buck, but it's worth it to keep my sanity.

I do visit Kmart every once in a while. The ones here are kinda messy but it doesn't seem horrible. Target is my absolute favorite store, I go there probably 4x a week lol. Walmart? Don't even get me started....... I do NOT shop there, even if Kmart Target and Meijer closed I would not shop at Walmart. I'd order online from somewhere else or something lol.

Have you noticed that when they have something advertised they never have it in stock? I quit shopping there a long time ago. I don't care how good a deal it "might be". K-Mart is a total waste of my time.

That is exactly why I don't shop there. I still look at their ad though. If something is a really good deal I take the ad to Meijer or Walmart for a price match.

Wonder if there are chances of them imporving things since Sears bought em out. We HATE KFART here too. They never have anything they advertise, and whatever they have in stock is so HIGH priced why would anyone buy it if ya can run across the street and get it cheaper. Not sure if our is gonna remain open or not. The only time you see ours busy is on Thanksgiving since everything else here is closed.