Beware of Kmart False Advertising!

LyLMyssChaos

I only go to K Mart about once a year, and I even ask myself why I even bother for my annual trip! They never have enough cashiers, and the customer service people are rude. I like Target because it is close and clean. I really don't know how K Mart stays in business.

I drove past the last Kmart in our area on BF. No one was in line or in the parking lot an hour before they opened. There was about 20 cars in the lot by 8am. That says a lot. I haven't shopped there since the CSR gave me an attitude about bringing back the can of cat food that wasn't rung up. The time before that was a Thanksgiving sale 2 or 3 years ago. We were the first ones at the electronics department when they opened and they already "ran out" of the VCR-DVD combos, meaning the employees bought them all.

I don't normally go to our Kmart which is right next to Walmart but they did redo the store and it is clean and nice. I was there maybe 3 or 4 times all year until November when they started having alot of daily 1/2 off toy specials. Since then I've been there like 3 times a week. I will never put a layaway on there again though!! They charge you $5 plus if something goes on sale anytime after 5 days they will NOT give you a price adjustment like Walmart and they will not remove it until after you pay and take it to the service desk!!! My brother-in-law says that if we don't occasionally go there that they will go out of business and Walmart will be able to have higher prices. It is the only other big store for about 50 miles. Anyone think there is any truth to this???

I don't normally go to our Kmart which is right next to Walmart but they did redo the store and it is clean and nice. I was there maybe 3 or 4 times all year until November when they started having alot of daily 1/2 off toy specials. Since then I've been there like 3 times a week. I will never put a layaway on there again though!! They charge you $5 plus if something goes on sale anytime after 5 days they will NOT give you a price adjustment like Walmart and they will not remove it until after you pay and take it to the service desk!!! My brother-in-law says that if we don't occasionally go there that they will go out of business and Walmart will be able to have higher prices. It is the only other big store for about 50 miles. Anyone think there is any truth to this???

There is some truth to that. If there is no competition Walmart would raise prices because it could. If the raised them to much, then a competitor would move in and they would go back down. So I doubt they would vary more than 10% or so. I guess Kmart much have changed its Layaway policy probably because of all the abuse. Used to you could click on one key and all the prices would change to the lower price. People always bought seasonal merchandise and waited till it went on clearance, and then had the price changed which to me is borderline on fraud. And yes employees do buy all the good merchandise before it goes out to the floor. I have my collection of starting lineups and Treasure hunt hotwheel cars to prove it lol.

K-Mart is only for the people who don't want to fight the crowds. I know this because everyone that I know that shops there says" Yea, I like Wal-Mart better, but I hate the crowds and the store is so big it takes forever to get out of there". Well, I would walk 5 miles in the freezing weather, with wet clothes and no shoes to pass up a Kmart and go to Wal-Mart. I REALLY HATE THAT STORE !!

I went to Kmart yesterday (only because they were the only ones that had what I needed) I looked for over 15 minutes trying to find someone to help me (never could find them) and then when I went to check out, they only had 3 lines open and they were all backed up through the aisles. All of the customers were getting very irritated! I only go there once a year, they are useless! And yes, this Kmart is dirty and very unorganized too!

They say ALL the kmarts open right now, will stay open. They will turn into "sears outlet" stores, no matter how close they are to a Sears (kind of dumb since the mall sears is about 400 yards from kmart here). Selling the same kmart stuff but also high end electronics from sears and BD/Craftsman tools.

Sears stores will be adding the popular stuff from kmart (just martha stewart crap if I recall correctly.)

Wonder if there are chances of them imporving things since Sears bought em out. We HATE KFART here too. They never have anything they advertise, and whatever they have in stock is so HIGH priced why would anyone buy it if ya can run across the street and get it cheaper. Not sure if our is gonna remain open or not. The only time you see ours busy is on Thanksgiving since everything else here is closed.

LMBO did you type KFART on purpose or typo?

I died laughing might be a good new name for em :sidesplit