So disappointed and in tears

Momto32003

Well, a couple weeks ago I bought the Kodak C310 with printer. I even came to this website to post about the great deal and was turned on to another one where I got a PM.

Well, my kids broke the camera last night. The knocked it off the printer dock and busted the screen in the middle where you see the actual PIC you are taking. I am so extremely upset and in tears right now. (pregnancy hormones don't help...LOL)

I paid $200 for the whole thing and it will cost $130 to buy a new camera. Not worth it.

Thanks for letting me vent and cry on your shoulders. LOL :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

So sorry to hear that.

Take it back to the store and tell them that it came out of the box that way.

:evil::D

LOL, DH is saying the same thing but I have had it for almost 2 months now. He just wants me to buy a new one and then do the return.

I think I will just try and sell the printer and cut my loss.

Guest outrbanx

LOL, DH is saying the same thing but I have had it for almost 2 months now. He just wants me to buy a new one and then do the return.

I think I will just try and sell the printer and cut my loss.

He and I may be long lost relatives. Tell em it was a Thankgiving gift, so you JUST opened it.;)

Why not take it to a camera store and see how much it would cost to fix it? If it isn't too much, then you still have your camera and didn't mess up your deal too much. :D

I think DH called the number on the box last night to see but since he is still insisting I buy a new one and return it, I am assuming it will cost to much or they can't fix it.

Any ideas on outside sources I can check into? I bought it from Kmart.

Thanks

So sorry to hear that.

Take it back to the store and tell them that it came out of the box that way.

:evil::D

Yep committing FRAUD is always a great idea.

I take it you don't believe in karma. Or do you feel it's okay to steal from them because they're a large company??

Guest outrbanx

Yep committing FRAUD is always a great idea.

Hence, the smilies underneath. Just trying to lighten the mood a little. Geez.

This forum lacks the whole sarcasm on/off tags.

Guest Deals4Me

I bought it at Kmart.

Either A) call the manufactor... B) return it, you're well with in BOTH options.

Most offer 90 days on the product. JUST keep your mouth shut on what happened. Say it came outta box like that.

If it's just the viewing screen, then you can still use the camera, and just not view the pictures until they're on the computer.

Or, you can put it on eBay. You'll take a loss on it, but it won't be a complete loss. I'm sure someone would find a use for it, either to fix it, for parts, or to use as is.

Or, you can find out how much it would cost to fix.

It's unfortunate that it had to break, but these things happen and you have some options on what to do without giving up completely on it.

Stealing from a large company?? Please! Half the people here are posting from their desks at work!!!!! :D

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lmao and to think they did the bf on monday on line thing (or pretended to) and where do you think people would be shopping from?their desk at work?. but really in some careers its ok to do that...your time your $

I would see if the manufacturer would replace it. We bought a Fuji camera several years ago that suffered the same fate when it fell off the mantel and onto a stone hearth. Fuji didn't even ask what happened, they just fixed it and returned it to us. When I went shopping for a much more expensive camera a few years later, I chose Fuji without even considering other cameras. They were the best!

I would see if the manufacturer would replace it. We bought a Fuji camera several years ago that suffered the same fate when it fell off the mantel and onto a stone hearth. Fuji didn't even ask what happened, they just fixed it and returned it to us. When I went shopping for a much more expensive camera a few years later, I chose Fuji without even considering other cameras. They were the best!

I just spoke with my husband. He said Kodak said it was still under there warranty but didn't know off the top of her head if they would fix it or not. I have to send it in and they will either fix it or it will cost around $70 to fix.

Thanks