Black Friday 2006 - what time will you get in line?

RossMAN

With all the media exposure this year, BF is going to be even more popular next year. A few years ago you could get in line around 1-2AM and be guaranteed a spot in the first 10. This year I visited Best Buy at 11PM and there were already 50 people in line, no laptop for me!

So when Black Friday 2006 rolls around, what's the earliest you'll get in line?

6pm if laptop and free computer deals like again next year, and will probably be wanting to upgrade *my* system to a 64 bit processor and new motherboard with pci-e, this year even 9-10pm would not cut it here if you wanted one, needed to be there before 9pm to get one.

It depends on what we need. But, I do know that if I'm going for any high-demand items, I'll be in somebody's parking lot at 6pm with a tent, camp heater, food and drink warmer blankets, dvd player, iPod and four layers of clothing.

My shopping buddy already asked for the day off.

It depends on what we need. But, I do know that if I'm going for any high-demand items, I'll be in somebody's parking lot at 6pm with a tent, camp heater, food and drink warmer blankets, dvd player, iPod and four layers of clothing.

My shopping buddy already asked for the day off.

I always ask for Thanksgiving week off from work :)

:g_dance: :g_dance: well I won't be needing a computer next year so I probably will go around 3 or 4 depending on the deals. I got there at 11pm this year and I was about 100 people back. I got the gateway laptop for 572 this year, and I am glad that the cheaper ones ran out as I am loving this thing.:g_dance:

Usually get up at 4am and run to kbtoy store. Probably do the same next year, the computers at dell are such a good deal year round that if i end up needing one I'll get one there instead of staying out al night in the cold....time is money too you know and the thought of 12+ hours out in the cold just to FIGHT for a computer is too miuch for me.

With all the media exposure this year, BF is going to be even more popular next year. A few years ago you could get in line around 1-2AM and be guaranteed a spot in the first 10. This year I visited Best Buy at 11PM and there were already 50 people in line, no laptop for me!

People in line said the same thing. At ONE of our Best Buys, #15 got there at 7:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. As far as the laptop, get the one of those $400 Dell laptops....hehe :D

So when Black Friday 2006 rolls around, what's the earliest you'll get in line?

I will get there the same time I did this year and get what I can get. I am not going alter my life for "stuff."

I went to WM at 6pm on Thursday and found out that was a good time to get in line for the laptop. I was first in line for it but by 1am they were all "spoken" for. lol If there is something I want bad enough and it is a good enough deal, I'll gladly do it again. I just hope that 6pm is early enough next year because I'm not willing to go any earlier than that unless it's a HUGE deal!!!

I hope it is artic cold outside again next year. That seems to increase my chances of getting closer to the front of the line because it helps weed out the weak. :) That's not to say I wasn't fighting to stay warm in my rated-to-minus-10 sleeping bag and Jon-E fuel-driven hand warmer (I need to remember to buy a second one for next year).

It was 12 degrees here on BF. It was 70 today. Central Kentucky weather makes no sense.

I could conceivably line up at 10pm next year depending on the deal-o-meter.