Gifts for people I dislike? (help)

sheli

I have to buy gifts for family members (even those I truly dislike) so I need help finding something cheap that doesn't scream CHEAP. Know what I mean? These are adults so my toy saavy doesn't help. $20 range is good, less is better. Help.

ps. Yes, I'm an adult, but my mother still controls family x-mas and it is best not to upset her.

look for water foot spas, i got some for about 14 bucks.

My husband got me one last year for Christmas. It remained unopened until the kids had a silent auction donation thing for band and i gave it to them. I don't even think he noticed it isn't in the house anymore.

I was gonna post candles also, they're nice and you don't have to worry about peoples decor. Even though you don't like the ppl, make sure you get ones that don't STINK! Gift cards are tough because there's a dollar amount on them, rather than getting them something real nice and them never knoowing you got them cheap.

For women candels and those sented bath goods baskets from places like bath and body works are always good everyone likes those. For Men it depends some guys a tool of somesort is good. Car something or another. Really depends on the guy

Mara

A bottle of wine and a couple of wine glasses (on sale at Pier 1). Pier 1 also has a set of cordial glasses on sale for less than $10.

A calendar from Walmart where you add your own pictures. Cost ~$18...but add your picture to each month and it becomes priceless! :evil:

I too have a few "gifts" I need to purchase for a couple of unfreindly family members. Ever notice how that in itself can suck the fun out of gift giving? Anyway, just an idea I plan on using, gift certificates to your local theatere. Ours has 2 for $20 that has 2 admissions, popcorn, candy, and 2 drinks.

Don't buy a gift basket from BBW.. Those are expensive :gd_dollar :gd_dollar :gd_dollar . Get a cheap Family Dollar gift basket.

A popcorn tin, lotion from Avon or somewhere ( you can get a decent size bottle for around $4 when on sale at Avon)

EDIT::

Take care of this problem for next year.... just save everything that you get this year that you didn't like and regift it.

Don't buy a gift basket from BBW.. Those are expensive

Last year I made a gift basket for my mom. Target had a bunch of bath stuff for $1. I found an oval wire basket for like $2 to put it in. And I grabbed a hand towel to wrap around the inside of the basket and make it look better. I ended up being able to make it for half the price of what B&BW and other places wanted theirs for, plus each bottle in mine was bigger. Plus it hand that hand-made touch. :D

Take care of this problem for next year.... just save everything that you get this year that you didn't like and regift it.

hehehe...my favorite thing to do with these people...glad it's not just me who does this......

Use caution doing this. Note who you got it from so you don't give it to the same person lol. My mom did that once :homer:

Mara

Guest all2tired

How about some home made bath crystals. It'll cost about $2

Homemade Bath Crystals-

5lbs epsom salts

10drops perfume

1 tbsp glycerin

Combine all ingredients in a decorative jar. This makes a great gift.

To actually help you, you can get cheap but decent looking stuff from www.silverjewelryclub.com . Someone else posted here about it and I got a silver and pink ring for a niece who loses her jewelry. It looks very nice for $5.99! And thank to whoever posted about it in the first place.

bath and body works, lotions , bath gels buy when they are $5.00 each, then create your own gift basket. A nice silver picture frame, GC to a nice restaurant or the movies. Make a popcorn/movie basket. Get a nice basket as a few movies. or movie rentals, microwave popcorn, popcorn salt and some chocolate bars.

Nothing says "I don't like you and was forced to buy a gift for you" quite like a Chia pet!

THANK YOU!!! That's exactly the right idea. I don't really want a nice gift for 2 of them. A Star Wars chia pet would be great...anyone seen one?

How about a donation???

"A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund."

"The Human Fund. Money for people."

:spit:

(Taken from the Festivus Epsiode of Seinfeld.)

Seriously, a donation to a charity is a great way to "give". You really don't want to get them something but giving to a charity is "giving".

So it is like you are not throwing your money away.

:gd_devild