Leappads & Clothing? Best deals today? Will you share?

HollyBerry

I bought a LeapPad yesterday at Target for $34. However, they are much cheaper online. Wal-Mart had them for $29.96 online with .97 shipping, whereas they were $39 (I think, or $34) in the store. Plus, there are more games online and even some on clearance for $5. I'm really wishing I'd just gotten it online. It's also at ToysRUs.com for a similar price.

I never did find the $6.88 books at my WM.

My son has sensory processing issues (like autism), and we got him a My First LeapPad when he was 3. It didn't go over well, as he didn't have the fine motor skills to work the stylus.

He's now 5, and after a year of occupational therapy, his motor skills have improved. In fact, we saw his kindergarten teacher yesterday, and she said the LeapPad center is one of his favorite places to be. You might want to find out if your nephew who is somewhat autistic is able to grip smaller objects.

I would suggest, though, that at 3 and 4 you go ahead and get the regular LeapPad vs. the My First one. Even though the easiest books say, "Pre-K and K," it should be appropriate for those ages.

I didn't do much clothes shopping this time since I did a lot before BF. BUT we "adopted" a family close to my In Laws for Christmas this year instead of doing an "angel tree" card. This was my first time I have shopped for a little girl. We have two boys and I usually hit the Old Navy sales them throughout the year. I also had to pick up a couple of hoodies and some misc clothing for our friends in Germany so I could get their box out this week. For who I had to buy for I thought these were good deals...

JCPenney:

2 tops and 2 pairs of pants for 30.00 (for the little girl. She is a 9)

3 pair of thick men's sweats for 30.00 (for DH)

Areopostal:

3 hoodies at $15.00 each (for a my "spare children" and our German friend)

2 packs of socks for 12.00 (for my son who just had to buy something last night. LOL)

Not the best deals, but I did avoid most crowds and the whole Areopostal store was 50% off and still had a great selection. I did try to shop for everyone at Old Navy during BF morning sales and that place was a MAD HOUSE! So, we went back out last night and did the "loose thread" shopping.

Well the NEX has 20% off ALL Kitchen Aid stuff, and a KILLER deal on the mixer!!

It is normally $250 but is on sale for $199 then take an additional 20% off that, and to put the cherry on the top you get a $25 mail in rebate!!! The grand total for the mixer is $117 which is way more than $100 off!!!!!!

They also have Precious Moments at 50% off. <---- That takes care of the wife!:wife:

Go to www.Navy-nex.com and sign in to look at your local flyer, but be warned they also have A LOT of un-advertised deals if you have a smaller NEX.

None of this is early morning type. It is a this weekend sale, if everyone wants the whole flyer I can post it up. Just let me know.:g_thumble

UPDATE...I am back home.

I ended up buying the Leap Pad with Writing (Ages 4-8) at WalMart.

Original Price 48.88.

Paid 25.00!!!

Woo-Hoo!!!

I bought 1 set of books from Walmart and paid reg. price 14.00ish.

However went to TRU and paid 9.44 for Thomas for the LeapPad. YEA!!!

Thanks to all for your help.