Has there been any talk of stores not being able to open because of blue laws?

Peppermint

dealluvr, Blue Laws originated in the New England Colonial times governing moral conduct. Today, a lot of states still use them to govern things like selling alcohol on Sundays and whether stores can be open. Most states have declared them unconstitutional but some still exist.

My WM has a similar law but based on the shopping center/regional codes. I went in today and was told they'll be open til 10pm Thanksgiving (reopening at 6am Fr)and that if you're in store by 10pm you can pick up the 10pm deals. It may be a bonus for some wanting 10pm/5am deals but...

I need to review my list but this sounds like a headache, combined with spending an 15 min at store pick up desk AFTER customer service manager spotted me waiting and sent nobody over as he was "assisting" another upset customer it doesn't bode. well for that particular store

Last year the store I was at opened at 5 or 6 so they just had all the deals available at store openining. I'm willing to guess if the stores near you are opening between 1-4 they'll have 8pm and 10pm sales available and then the 5am or whatever the next time sale is will not be available until the hour arrives.

The article said all Walmarts are opening at 4am, I know the one near me is 4am. Maybe other towns are opening earlier?

From the first article---Stores like Walmart will open their doors at 4 a.m., Best Buy at 1 a.m., and Target at 1 a.m., which is the earliest opening ever for that store.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/12005909897128/some-mass-stores-opening-later-on-black-friday/#ixzz2CYMnlC7Y

I think the ads will say if a certain town is opening later. I got a Bob's flyer and it listed two different opening times and the store locations that would be opening at each time. I live right on the NH border too (@jskarp, we might be neighbors!) and do all of my shopping in NH so I haven't been paying much attention to the Blue Laws.