How much $ are u hoping to have saved for shopping on BF?

Jen08

This year is gonna be a little less than years past. I should have at least $700 in the bank ready and willing to be spent. I have to admit that years that I've gone and not had as much $ as years past, I've actually done really good. As usual, I plan to do even better than the year before.

This year is gonna be a little less than years past. I should have at least $700 in the bank ready and willing to be spent. I have to admit that years that I've gone and not had as much $ as years past, I've actually done really good. As usual, I plan to do even better than the year before.

This is going to be a hard BF for me...I am going to be lucky if I have 200.00-300.00 this year. I am hoping that Amazon has a good deal on a Nabi tablet. I have 70.00 worth of gift cards already for them (that I got by doing surveys and stuff) so I would love if they had a deal that if you buy a tablet, you get a gift card or something like that.

If they don't have a deal though, I will just wait until after Thanksgiving to get it...I am really just hoping for some great deals... :)

I really don't ever try to have a set amount.... I just take whatever I can afford and hope for good deals. I already have quite a bit of my shopping done, so it won't be the end of the world if I can't take a huge amount with me this year.

My goal is always 60% off retail. Last 2 years averaged about 63% off. So depending on how much stuff I buy will affect how much I save ;-)

Edit: Oops. Misread that. I don't set an amount. Pretty much if it's a good deal and can go somewhere of good use, I get it!

I usually take between $500 - $700 on BF. It depends on the ads and what I am shopping for. I always bring about $150 - $200 extra because there are ALWAYS sales that don't make it into the ad. I shop with cash because then I can keep track of my budget and stick to it and not go crazy on little things.

We are also buying the Nabi for our kids this year from Amazon. It would be awesome if they lowered the price since we are buying 2.

we are written budget people, so we have set aside a specific amount of money for christmas in total - including stocking stuffers as well as gifts. i pull from the envelope thruout the year to purchase aforementioned items.

there are 2 items i'm specifically looking for, for black friday or whenever i see the best deal - i want to buy two 3ds bundles. so i have enough for them still in the envelope - even at current prices.

Edited by happyfrog

We have specific amounts set for everyone we buy for. I have already started getting some items, so I just add up what is left to spend on everyone and try to take that amount plus a few hundred extra for those extra deals that I find for myself and anything I see for my kids. We try to set an amount for them, but they are each getting the kindle fire so we are just doing some small items yet. Not sure how much more we are spending on them.

I try to take mostly cash as well to stay on budget better.

I start saving money as soon as i hear Christmas in july specials because black friday is my biggest day i spend money on so i like to have wiggle room also dont shop a month before bc on that day if i see something i want sale or not its mine regardless lol, so this year around 3k. the most ive spent on one bf is 5k but i also had a newborn at the time lol

sorry to hear that, pogiporkchop! Been there, done that, got the tshirt etc. If it wasnt for our church family that year, there would not have been a Christmas.

We have $600 extra in this month's budget that some of it can go toward Christmas. I actually planned on spending $450. So far I have spent $300. I want to buy a Keurig Mini yet for ds and dil.

We have 5 kids. I usually spend about $800.00 on each kid (no set amount, just about what we end up spending). And between both of us we have 13 neices and nephews that we buy for plus our moms. I try to do most of my shopping on black friday but I usually only end up getting about half of what I want to get.

I try to spend mostly cash as well, but I do take my credit and debit card just in case. This year I am planning on spending about $3000.00 on Black Friday.