Official Black Friday VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread

Brad

i'm hoping for a deal on 3DS....I want one :P But I probably won't be able to shop in person....and if they give a gift card w/purchase....I don't think you can get those online.

I know Best hat Buy will send you the promo GC when ordered online. I have never had a problem with them sending the GC. But I found out the hard way TRU doesnt. Last year I missed out on a $60 GB and free Mario stylus when ordering the 3DS from them online because of this issue. It wasnt stated online that the offer was "store only" so I jumped in all excited and when I got my order there was no GC in the box. It was only when I called to complain did they tell that it was a store only offer and now that the deal was over, I dont qualify for it.

Still trying to decide on the regular 3DS or the 3DS XL. The deals will probably make the choice for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have a dilemma. We are planning on getting an x-box for the kids this yr. TRU has the 4G with Kinect now for $249.99 w/ a $20 gift card. I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for BF HOWEVER, hubby may have to work that day which would limit my time out. Plus, I'm really not willing to go out at 8 pm on Thanksgiving to wait on line for hours at Walmart.

Is this good enough of a deal to jump on it now or should I take my chances on a better deal for BF?

I am pretty sure as the weeks go on there will be better deals on the Xbox. Last year Walmart had it with Ithink a $10 gift card back. Also a 4gb is not very big when it comes to saving info for games. I don't know how old your children are, but when my DS had the 20gb older Xbox he ran out of room. He go the curret slim version and has no problem with space.

Okay, I have a dilemma. We are planning on getting an x-box for the kids this yr. TRU has the 4G with Kinect now for $249.99 w/ a $20 gift card. I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for BF HOWEVER, hubby may have to work that day which would limit my time out. Plus, I'm really not willing to go out at 8 pm on Thanksgiving to wait on line for hours at Walmart.

Is this good enough of a deal to jump on it now or should I take my chances on a better deal for BF?

Last year, I got the xbox 360 w/ kinect for $199 online Thanksgiving Day. I knew I wouldn't have a chance in stores so I didn't even try. I think that I missed out on a gift card, but the price was still great. I did the majority of my bf shopping online last year and it worked out way better than fighting the crowds.

Thanks amood06 and racerfan! I'm sure there will be better deals so I'll just wait patienty. My boys are 9 and the other one turned 8 today so there will be some of call of duty type games. I already have the xbox live 12 gold card.

I'll hold out for a 250 and I'm glad to know that online shopping is an option :)

Gamestop has on their website the 250gb Holiday bundle with Kinect and 2 games (not sure what games) for $349. This bundle is what Walmart etc may have the deals on with an additional gift card.

Thanks amood06 and racerfan! I'm sure there will be better deals so I'll just wait patienty. My boys are 9 and the other one turned 8 today so there will be some of call of duty type games. I already have the xbox live 12 gold card.

I'll hold out for a 250 and I'm glad to know that online shopping is an option :)

• 2 weeks later...

Last year my we got the 4GB with a call of duty game for $199 on Thanksgiving morning. Granted the 4GB space goes fast but my DH but a large flash drive to plug into the xbox and that solved the space issue.

Looking to pick up Skylanders Giants for my kids. Probably for the 360. Cheapest Ive found so far for the starter kit was around $70.00 on Ebay. Not alot cheaper then in store but no tax. Anyone think this will be heavily promo'd for BF? Or should I just buy it now while I can find it available?

I"m seeing Old Navy is giving away a free wii u game. We don't have one near here, It's a shame, My son preordered the wii u for himself. He said he can't wait until xmas and he has been saving his 10.00 a week allowance all year to buy it .He has only asked for games for it and a gaming keyboard for our family desktop computer. HE paid to put a graphics card in it also. I would like to have the free game from Old Navy. Can't believe they are giving one away as a free gift.

anyone else disappointed by the lack of 3ds bundles in the released ads thus far?

(wondering - should i create new thread for this - it's a hand held video game, so not sure if it should have own thread or belonged in the all inclusive 'video game' thread).

Looking to pick up Skylanders Giants for my kids. Probably for the 360. Cheapest Ive found so far for the starter kit was around $70.00 on Ebay. Not alot cheaper then in store but no tax. Anyone think this will be heavily promo'd for BF? Or should I just buy it now while I can find it available?

They have it in the military exchange BF ad for $49.99. Do you know anyone who can get it for you? I bought it last weekend for $74.99 xbox with the portal. FYI- we had the Wii Skylanders Game and the "skylanders" are interchangeable but the portal is not. Wii portal is for the Wii, Xbox portal is for the xbox but characters are for anything.

My youngest brother (14) is asking for Borderlands 2 and Skyrim for PS3. Do games like that come down in price closer to Christmas? Right now both are around $50-$55 from what u can see. Should I just buy now?

My DS11 is also asking for Boarderlands 2, cheapest so far is in the military exchange ad at % off. I think it was $39.99. Can you ad match it? My Walmart will only ad match stores within 50 miles of us :(

My youngest brother (14) is asking for Borderlands 2 and Skyrim for PS3. Do games like that come down in price closer to Christmas? Right now both are around $50-$55 from what u can see. Should I just buy now?

I have a ps3, and I usually get games on black friday for myself and as gifts. They tend to put hit games that have been out for a bit on sale for like 30 bucks. Borderlands 2 and Skyrim are some guys that fit the description. Big sellers that have been on sale for a while now. I would keep my out for Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. I would not be a bit surprised if one of those stores (if not all) put those games on sale. You may be able to get both for the price of one.

I've also had real good luck getting games at TRU, they usually offer GC deals with games. Bu tI think my impatitient clan has all they want already, so not much left to buy... DOA, Assassin's Creed, Halo 4 (2 copies), and Forza all were purchased on release day... :(

I have a ps3, and I usually get games on black friday for myself and as gifts. They tend to put hit games that have been out for a bit on sale for like 30 bucks. Borderlands 2 and Skyrim are some guys that fit the description. Big sellers that have been on sale for a while now. I would keep my out for Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. I would not be a bit surprised if one of those stores (if not all) put those games on sale. You may be able to get both for the price of one.

Thanks so much, I'll keep an eye out for that. I was wondering too if I might have a better shot at getting the games at Kmart on thanksgiving since maybe the majority of people will wait for black Friday? I don't do thanksgiving shopping normally do I don't know what the crowds look like.

Another question: do video games like these tend to stay at a reduced price after black Friday?

officially getting excited - best buy has the first 3ds bundle offering. (red case, mario game) $149.99 (who knows what kind of rebate thing is involved - the ad makes me wonder.)

but i need 2. so i'm hoping it's not a rebate thing - one/per household kind of gobbledy gook. (i have 2 boys, very close in age - and have same tastes and interests, so they want the.exact.same.stuff. they even have their own language - which is adorable - but odd, 'cause they're not twins.)

the ad: page 8 (i think) or perhaps page 9)

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/BestBuy/9

http://i.gottadeal.com/blackfriday/images/bf/BestBuy/GottaDeal-BestBuy-BF2012_9.jpg

officially getting excited - best buy has the first 3ds bundle offering. (red case, mario game) $149.99 (who knows what kind of rebate thing is involved - the ad makes me wonder.)

but i need 2. so i'm hoping it's not a rebate thing - one/per household kind of gobbledy gook. (i have 2 boys, very close in age - and have same tastes and interests, so they want the.exact.same.stuff. they even have their own language - which is adorable - but odd, 'cause they're not twins.)

http://i.gottadeal.com/blackfriday/images/bf/BestBuy/GottaDeal-BestBuy-BF2012_9.jpg

I am looking for a 3DS also, but I am a little disappointed in the 3DS choice this year. First of all I was hoping for a deal on the 3DS XL ( such as a free GC or game) and there is no deal on it at all. Second of all the bundle mentioned on BF includes a downloaded game and I prefer to have an actual game cart and case if possible. IDK....I may grab one just in case another deal doesnt come along, but we'll see.

There's no rebate involved; the after savings price is what you save buying it during the sale.

anyone else disappointed by the lack of 3ds bundles in the released ads thus far?

(wondering - should i create new thread for this - it's a hand held video game, so not sure if it should have own thread or belonged in the all inclusive 'video game' thread).

I surely am...BUT...I have found this bundle on Walmart.com that was listed today:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Starter-Bundle-a-40-Value/17201142#rr

Looks interesting, but I still dont know. Missing that WOW factor...

Thanks so much, I'll keep an eye out for that. I was wondering too if I might have a better shot at getting the games at Kmart on thanksgiving since maybe the majority of people will wait for black Friday? I don't do thanksgiving shopping normally do I don't know what the crowds look like.

Another question: do video games like these tend to stay at a reduced price after black Friday?

When buying video games on sale, I've never really had a problem getting them on Black Friday. I usually show up at Best Buy some time around 9 or 10 after the big rush, and they still have plenty available. I don't really recall whether stores keep them on sale the rest of the weekend. The best two times for buying new games tend to be Black Friday, and then after Christmas. A bunch of new games come out in November and December, such as Call of Duty, Halo, the new Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, etc. You can almost guarantee that some of these games (if not all) will be on sale after Christmas. I always buy by COD after Christmas for about $40 - then you can sell it online 6 or 7 months later for about $35 to $40, breaking even.

I would keep an eye at the ads coming out. I believe i just saw Walmart put certain ps3/360 games on sale for $10, $15, and $25. It's hard to see because the print is small, but maybe some games you are looking out for is in that $25 price range. If not, keep an eye for the full BB ad.