Anyone else pregnant this year for Black Friday?

Jen8112

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pregnant for BF this year! It's my first and I'll be around 34 weeks preggo. So I think at this point it's a question of how mobile I will be, considering there's a chance I might be put on bed rest which would be a huge bummer. But if I'm able, I'd like to still go and continue the tradition, even if it means standing in line while hubby shops, or pulling the car around for him... :) we will see! There's always online shopping but it doesn't beat the excitement of an in-store BF experience.

I'm pregnant for BF this year! It's my first and I'll be around 34 weeks preggo. So I think at this point it's a question of how mobile I will be, considering there's a chance I might be put on bed rest which would be a huge bummer. But if I'm able, I'd like to still go and continue the tradition, even if it means standing in line while hubby shops, or pulling the car around for him... :) we will see! There's always online shopping but it doesn't beat the excitement of an in-store BF experience.

Congrats! I'll be around 38 weeks for BF and usually go by myself so we'll have to see. Lol

I'm pregnant with #3 (a 'blessing baby' as someone else put it, my older girls are 8 and 5.) and due December 23rd. I'm going shopping on BF, but I don't go super early or anything like that anyway. I usually don't leave the house until about 8 or so and its not crazy around here (hoorah for small towns!).

I am pregnant with baby #3 and I will be shopping for bf.

I'm pregnant with #3 (a 'blessing baby' as someone else put it, my older girls are 8 and 5.) and due December 23rd. I'm going shopping on BF, but I don't go super early or anything like that anyway. I usually don't leave the house until about 8 or so and its not crazy around here (hoorah for small towns!).

:) I am due in June. Just found out today.... I will be out Black Friday.

Congrats ladies! This is #3 for us too!

Tammy, congrats! How exciting! :)

• 1 month later...
I'm pregnant too but I'm not sure how much BF shopping I'll be doing. I'll only be 18 weeks, but I'm not sure I have the patience for the crowds. I think I *might* have the stamina. I'm going to play it by ear. There's nothing that I absolutely have to get so far, so I might just do the online thing in my pjs.

I'm pregnant too but I'm not sure how much BF shopping I'll be doing. I'll only be 18 weeks, but I'm not sure I have the patience for the crowds. I think I *might* have the stamina. I'm going to play it by ear. There's nothing that I absolutely have to get so far, so I might just do the online thing in my pjs.

Congrats! I'm 36w now and even if I last that long I know I will NOT be able to handle the crowds. My plan is online for what I can and I do have to venture out to SAMs for phones but they shouldn't be bad. :)

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Congratulations to you too (and the other mommas-to-be on this thread)!

You ladies who are braving the crowds make me feel like such a wimp! I completely admire you! Since everything is opening so early, I might hit some stores up at midnight and then head right to bed. Last year I went out 3 separate times on Black Friday and finished almost all of my shopping. The thought of being on my feet that long scares me!

Congratulations to you too (and the other mommas-to-be on this thread)!

You ladies who are braving the crowds make me feel like such a wimp! I completely admire you! Since everything is opening so early, I might hit some stores up at midnight and then head right to bed. Last year I went out 3 separate times on Black Friday and finished almost all of my shopping. The thought of being on my feet that long scares me!

Some stores are opening at 8-9pm Thanksgiving night. If your state allows it. :)

not pregnant, but i remember when i was shopping a bf in 2005 and i was VERY pg with second kid due in jan (btw he was 11 lbs at birth). (i don't birth babies, i deliver preschoolers, lol). we joke that all my babies come out ready to work.

i would suggest packing a small lunch - with a box/can of juice (real stuff, not those fake capri sun or whatever), some carbs, and some proteins. (package of crackers with peanut butter or cheese) works well to meet both carb and protein need)

i found when i did the long overnight thing, drinking a couple hot coffees, etc., that by the time i was standing in the checkout line i was very shaky and felt close to passing out came on suddenly!! - i am still thankful to the person in line behind me who had a soda in their pocket that they gave me - i apparently needed the sugar because soon after drinking it i felt ok, but it was really scary at the time. (this was before best buy sold snack items at checkout)

so now i always pack those items - even though i'm not pg - and have no plans of more children, because that was not a scenario i ever want to repeat. it was really scary. i've never needed that juice and crackers, but who knows, i might someday or someone in line near me might. :) then i could pay it forward.

btw, i got that computer. lol. it was a great computer! i recently gave it to a friend this past summer who needed one so it's still going strong!

so now i always pack those items - even though i'm not pg - and have no plans of more children, because that was not a scenario i ever want to repeat. it was really scary. i've never needed that juice and crackers, but who knows, i might someday or someone in line near me might. :) then i could pay it forward.

Such a great tip there! I also like to have some snacks in my purse just in case. You just never know.

Also, 11 pounds!!? You win. Lol. Mine were tiny, each boy was under 7 lbs. I shopped while pregnant but they were both spring babies so I wasn't very far along. Just grumpy and tired. ;)

Me' date=' but just barely so no big deal. I shop pregnant or not, I was 25 weeks with twins in 2011 and you bet I was still out there ready to get some deals :) To me it is no different, but I just made sure to keep hydrated and stay away from the towel crazies at WalMart.[/quote']

Lol congrats! This is a really hard pregnancy for me this time. I can barely handle a trip to Walmart for toilet paper. Lol :P

Update! My doctors upped my due date by five days, so now I'm technically 32weeks 3days, which means I'll be 33w5d on BF. I'm also on "take it easy" orders to keep me from burning too many calories or from going on bed rest, and the nurse and doctor both said "No shopping trips.". To which I replied, "Online shopping?" and the nurse patted my knee and said, "Now you've got the right idea." DH and I are still planning what we might need to get on BF, and right now we're focusing on a 50 or 55 inch tv. I've been told I can go as long as I agree to be the getaway driver :). So I'm a little bummed that I'll miss out on the store experience but it's only temporary and for a good cause.

Congrats to the new gotta deal mommies-to-be

Ha ha I have one of those "blessing" babies born when my youngest was 6. I had him the 4th of Nov two years ago (c-section). I even whet out on black friday I was use to being up anyway. He really is a blessing and so much fun! Enjoy your "blessing" babies :)

Good luck to you, Jen8112!

Baby Alice has alternate plans for my black friday shopping routine, too. I was diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia last week, so we're on bed rest until the 30th to try to squeak us by until 37 weeks. Looks like it'll be me and the laptop on Black Friday, grabbing whatever I can online.

Come on Jen push that baby out there are online sales for you. Glad you got what you did over the weekend. Good Luck!!!

Defiantly no BF for me. Maybe not even online. Broke my water at 9:30 this morning. Still in the hospital but no baby yet. :)