Blank DVD Deals?

ghort

I really have not been impressed with the blank DVD deals this year. I see a few for the Playto brand but have no heard of them before. Help a poor man with finding more media! I found a store that sells 8x for $.28 a disk after shipping with no sale going on, so I'm looking for better deals.

:gd_not_ri

i think the compusa ones, the playo and the dynex are all CHEAP media, I would not recommend it except for maybe some dvds you plan on getting rid of, it is not archival quality like named brand dye, fuji, ritek, taiyo yuden, etc.

expect many coasters and skippage at the end of the discs.

but with that being said, im getting a lot anyway just for that purpose.

i think the compusa ones, the playo and the dynex are all CHEAP media, I would not recommend it except for maybe some dvds you plan on getting rid of, it is not archival quality like named brand dye, fuji, ritek, taiyo yuden, etc.

expect many coasters and skippage at the end of the discs.

but with that being said, im getting a lot anyway just for that purpose.

I agree on the dynex, I haven't used playo, but the ones I got from compusa last year were fine. No coasters to speak of and no skipping.

well if they are compusa *branded*4x they generally suck and are rebranded princo discs which you can get cheaper online, definitely not a deal, if they are memorex/tdk/imation which compusa is known to run on sale, then they will be fine, videohelp.com has no information on the playo, the dynex are horrible. Verbatim is a very good deal on quality discs.

I am stuffed with HP and Teon 8x DVD media from Staples in the last few weeks. I got 40-pk Teon and 50-pk HP for $4-$8 each after coupon. I just got too many coupons ($10 off $20, $10 off $40, $15 off $15, ...) from them and the the price I paid beats all the BF deal this year and no rebate required. Honestly, I won't spend time on the DVD media this BF.

well if they are compusa *branded*4x they generally suck and are rebranded princo discs which you can get cheaper online, definitely not a deal, if they are memorex/tdk/imation which compusa is known to run on sale, then they will be fine, videohelp.com has no information on the playo, the dynex are horrible. Verbatim is a very good deal on quality discs.

i disagree i use dynex all the time and have not had any problems

i disagree i use dynex all the time and have not had any problems

well technically it depends on what kind of batch it is, if you are *lucky* enough to get some ritek rebranded dynex then you are okay, i got this one time and got a few hundred after i found out they were ritek but the other times were off brands, several bad experiences with friends as well...but they rebrand all kinds of different dyes. infodisc, ricoh, cmc magnetic and an31 are other brands they rebrand and all generally turn out bad burns, or will not burn at the speed they say.

Well I'm here with my second post to ask what probably is a stupid question, but with a DVD+/-R disk is it just you can only record to it once and not be able edit it, record to it once and be able edit it, record to it many times until it is filled, and not be able edit it, or record to it many times until it is filled, and be able to edit, just fill me in here, please!

Well I'm here with my second post to ask what probably is a stupid question, but with a DVD+/-R disk is it just you can only record to it once and not be able edit it, record to it once and be able edit it, record to it many times until it is filled, and not be able edit it, or record to it many times until it is filled, and be able to edit, just fill me in here, please!

its record once, you need +RW or -RW to edit it multiple times or sessions, you can also delete the whole thing and write over all the data as much as you want. there is a sale at compusa for them 20 pack for 4.98, that should cover ya

its record once, you need +RW or -RW to edit it multiple times or sessions, you can also delete the whole thing and write over all the data as much as you want. there is a sale at compusa for them 20 pack for 4.98, that should cover ya

Well ok, I understand that now, but is that 20-pack for 44.98 any good though, I mean I saw they were 4x, but like I didn't much about the brand, if I'd have to worry about coasters or skipping or anything like that?