What time does Best Buy hand out tickets?

teresa92

FYI (if you don't already know) The popular items (latops etc) are limited to 10 per store, so unless you're first in line GL!

The quantity the store may have isn't necessarily just the minimum quantity listed in the ad......the last few years, the BB we frequent on BF had MORE than the minimum-per-store listed in the advert. The Toshiba laptop last year, for example, had the same minimum-10-per-store notation in the ad as this year, but the store actually had around 25 to 30 of that laptop. As they were passing out the tickets for the items (we were #5 in line), we asked how many laptops they had and the guy hastily counted his tickets, got up to 25 and then left......and he hadn't quite gotten to the bottom of his stack of tickets. CompUSA last year had essentially the same desktop computer deal as this year....an "AOL optomized" unit for $99 and a year's commitment. There had to be over 50 people in line at the customer service desk signing up for AOL (as a part of the sales deal), all with the PC alongside, this while the ad stated a minimum of 10 or 25 per store.

Now, as for Wally-World, I'd completely believe they will have the absolute minimum number of laptops as listed in their ad, but for other things, they will most likely have much more. Four years ago, they had a killer deal on a TV, and as our "spare" TV in the computer room had died, I braved WM for it. At the end of the blitz hours, they still had pallets of the TVs in the center aisle....and the price dropped during the day due to the excess and lack of demand.

So, the minimum-per-store of an item isn't ALWAYS the cast-in-stone amount the store will have on hand.

In my past BF experiences they hand out tickets 30-45 minutes before opening.

But if you don't get in line by 2AM or earlier, forget it.

Last year I had no idea what time to get there. I got there 1/2 hour before it opened and the line really wasn't too bad. I think I was out of there in 20 minutes. I just can't imagine being there at 2 am. I don't know if it would be worth it i had to be there *early.

Last year I had no idea what time to get there. I got there 1/2 hour before it opened and the line really wasn't too bad. I think I was out of there in 20 minutes. I just can't imagine being there at 2 am. I don't know if it would be worth it i had to be there *early.

If thats the case, then why not get there early, and just sit in your car ... that way, if a line does form early, you are ready ... if not, you keep warm :-)

@

Getting ther early is half of the fun. You get to talk with everyone about past BF's and exchange stories both good and bad.

Last year, I got to my Best Buy at Midnight and was first in line. This year, I'm going at probably 9:00 PM and setting up the tent. Got a big 7x7 one this year so it should be nice and comfy. Last year, my girlfriend and I slept in a 5x5 tent. I'm 6'5 and that just didn't work.

Another reason to be the first in line is that the coffee/hot chocolate doesn't last long. Last year at BB I was about 12th in line, they come through with stuff and run out, then you have to wait until they refill the jug. So if you are at the front, you will get the good hot chocolate!!

Okay, my DH worked at Best Buy last year and they had just moved locations (opened up a brand new store and closed down the old one...) and reopened maybe two weeks before BF. He said they handed out tickets and the people who got them could leave and come back ANYTIME that day and get the item (his location had done it this way all three years he was a SUPERVISOR there...I trust he's not lying about their managers method...) The best part? If they ran out of the item BEFORE you got yours using a ticket you got an even better item for the same price!!!

For those of you wondering, this was store 219 (I believe that's the number...) which is located in Colorado Springs, CO out on Powers...

Kriss

I live in Syracuse, NY and I have done Best Buy on BF for the last three years. Since its so cold here, I usually get there around 3am and wait in my car until another person shows up and then I get out and wait. I believe they were opening at 6am though at that point, so I'd probably advise to go at 2am this year like the others were saying.

Our Best Buy hands out the colored paper doorbuster vouchers for all of the big items (computers, camcorders, really good deals, etc) about 30 minutes before opening. One year I stood in line for something I wanted and my mom asked me to pick up a computer deal for her too. Since it was so crazy I just got what I wanted and got out, I didn't have to wait in too long of a line because I paid for my stuff in one of the departments. Then I brought the voucher home to my mom and had her go to Best Buy and redeem the voucher herself when she was done shopping WalMart because I didn't have enough extra cash for her computer. She had no problems when she came back in, but it was still before noon when the doorbusters were still going on.

Also, our store normally has about how many they say the minumum is in the ad. Sometimes there's a few more of some items, but not usually a large amount more, so I definitely advise trying to be in the first 25 people if you're shopping our store.

While waiting in line for the tickets be on the lookout for when the shopping carts come out the door. When they do, make sure to hurry and get one for each member of your party. The carts run out fast. They are great for blocking peeps trying to cut in line, and putting all those great deals in. Also used to run over peeps running into you in the store. Watch your cart at all time especially when you have doorbusters or other limited supply items in the cart. Peeps will try and take them away from you. They sure have nerve!

Is there anyway to find out what they will be handing our tickets for? Im going to best buy to get the 20in tv for $58 and the 19in flat screen moniter for $170. Does anybody know if these are things that will be ticketed? i just dont want to get there at midnight and half to wait. Thanks.

Usually anything that has a miniumum quantity of 20 or less. But last year we wanted the DLP projector minumum 2 per store and they had no tickets for it. (also a $4000 TV had none) since we left my friends wife at the store, we asked how to get it and they told her to run in the door, and go to a certain counter and yell "I want the projector" and she got it.

A couple of years ago I bought a TV (no tickets) with a 20 quantity and in the store they had at least 100 of them. So if they have alot more than the ad says there will be no tickets.

Specifically referring to Best Buy. Do they hand out tickets for all advertised deals, (early bird and 2-day sales), or ONLY early bird deals? I want to make sure I get in on the Insignia 30" HDTV, but that is a Friday-Saturday item. Will they hand out tickets for these items?

Thanks,

Matt

I am new to this site and I LOVE Best buy! Please tell me what these are for. :)

Dianne

Best Buy employess will come out with the tickets before the store ever opens. They are tickets for the deal items, and the people with the tickets are the ones who get the items. It is to make sure that the ones who have been in line the longest get the items. So, if you're planning on going there you better get there EARLY!!

These tickets are not usually handed out until about 30 minutes to an hour before the store opens. Just make sure that every employee starts at the front of the line. Sometimes, they like to skip the front of the line if another employee is already at the front with tickets for another item. Seriously, you may have to yell at them as they walk past you.

In the past, they only hand out tickets for the early bird specials because they are usually the best deals and they usually have limited quantities of the item. They usually seem to hand out tickets for items that they have less than 30 of or that they think are going to be a big sell.

In the past, they only hand out tickets for the early bird specials because they are usually the best deals and they usually have limited quantities of the item. They usually seem to hand out tickets for items that they have less than 30 of or that they think are going to be a big sell.

ok, thanks. I will still probably get there early to make sure I get that tv.

Matt

does anyone know if there is a catch with these desktops? like will we have to sign up for internet service for a year or something? I already pay for my cable internet 32.00 a month..I can't afford ADDITIONAL internet service. lol. I dont WANT to pay for additional internet, and my year isn't up with my current isp, so i can't cancel.

If you want to get the desktop, I would suggest getting there at ATLEAST Midnight. However I have found that some BestBuys are alot busier then other ones, so I would advise driving by there at as early as 10PM or so, and see if there is a line. If there is, get in the line right then and there, and call for reinforcements, lol.

If you want to get the desktop, I would suggest getting there at ATLEAST Midnight. However I have found that some BestBuys are alot busier then other ones, so I would advise driving by there at as early as 10PM or so, and see if there is a line. If there is, get in the line right then and there, and call for reinforcements, lol.

You've got that right!! 10PM is about the latest we will go by BB to see what sort of line is there. Probably drop my wife with our chairs at that time to secure our places in line, then I'll cruise to the other end of the shopping strip to CompUSA for some of their midnight specials, then return to BB and sit with her.

We should be in and out of BB in 15-20 minutes being towards the front of the line.

You've got that right!! 10PM is about the latest we will go by BB to see what sort of line is there. Probably drop my wife with our chairs at that time to secure our places in line, then I'll cruise to the other end of the shopping strip to CompUSA for some of their midnight specials, then return to BB and sit with her.

We should be in and out of BB in 15-20 minutes being towards the front of the line.

That sounds like a good plan!