What time does Best Buy hand out tickets?

teresa92

I've never waited in line at BB on BF but I know I'll have to get there SUPER early if I stand a chance of getting an eMachine. Once they hand out tickets, I'd like to run to Walmart and then come back to BB later in the morning.

Does BB hand out tickets right before they open the doors, or earlier?

For the past 5 years, at 2 different BB, they have passed out the tickets 2 hours before the doors opened. Once we get the tickets we go to Office Max and get in line. For all the good stuff they have, while my friends wife goes into BB and grabs all the other limited quanity stuff we want. After we go to Office Max, Staples, Office Depot, and CompUSA, we come back and get the ticket items she has not been able to do yet. You have until noon to redeem the tickets. We take a mobile home and a truck. So there is a place for her to put the merchandise as she gets it. We have found this system to work great. I just don't know how we are going to handle the CompUSA thing yet. We might send his wife there at Midnight to get the stuff there and meet up with us later at BB.

My question is how do they know who is getting or receiving the tickets?

What do you mean? They give it from the start of the line until they ran out of the tickets.

After that what you do with the tickets is up to you. I suggest find people to trade it with if you need extra stuff.

Hi all. Here in my bb it is not a "ticket" its a colored sheet of paper with the picture, and description of the item. If they only have 10 tv's then they print 10 sheets and start at the front handing them out till they run out. usually 1 and a half hours before opening. Hope this helps

So, when you get a ticket, the ticket is for a particular item? For example, if we want the laptop and the desktop, we tell the person coming down the line that we want those two tickets and they basically hold them for us and we can leave and come back?

Am I getting that right? I have BF shopped these last 2 years but never waited in any sort of line.

TIA

Hi all. Here in my bb it is not a "ticket" its a colored sheet of paper with the picture, and description of the item.

That's what we meant.

And to answer the other poster, you can have more than deal, just no doubles (i.e. 2 laptops) on one transaction.

Yes, a large trailer, 25' with bathroom, bedroom, kitchen. We make food, can go to the bathroom, watch TV, stay warm, even though it's not that cold in Southern California. This year we were thinking of buying more pizza's and selling them for $10 each. The mobile home is pulled by a F-350 diesel truck.

Yes, a large trailer, 25' with bathroom, bedroom, kitchen. We make food, can go to the bathroom, watch TV, stay warm, even though it's not that cold in Southern California.

How do you do this and still keep your place in line? I have a 21' hybrid and I'd be interested in how you "work" it!!

Annette

We park about in the middle of the lot. Across two spaces at the end of an aisle. My friend and I sat in line. Last year we were about 9th in line. We needed a DLP projector for our church and some computers. His wife slept until 3:30. We took turns watching the three chairs, walking back and forth getting the pizza's. We made 4 Tony Pizza's. If you knew me you would know I can eat 3 of them myself. His wife came out and waited for the tickets, after we got the tickets, we left in her truck, because his is hooked up to the trailer. By the time we got back, she had purchased the projector, misc, flash drives, dig vid cam, blank dvd's and two of 4 computers. We came back 15 minutes before the deadline got the other two computers, and headed for Sears.

We park about in the middle of the lot. Across two spaces at the end of an aisle. My friend and I sat in line. Last year we were about 9th in line. We needed a DLP projector for our church and some computers. His wife slept until 3:30. We took turns watching the three chairs, walking back and forth getting the pizza's. We made 4 Tony Pizza's. If you knew me you would know I can eat 3 of them myself. His wife came out and waited for the tickets, after we got the tickets, we left in her truck, because his is hooked up to the trailer. By the time we got back, she had purchased the projector, misc, flash drives, dig vid cam, blank dvd's and two of 4 computers. We came back 15 minutes before the deadline got the other two computers, and headed for Sears.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/10.gif That's just awesome!

I don't know about anyone else but we got the ticket for the emachines computer last year when it was $199. They made us redeem it by 9am and anyone who wasn't in line at 9am to redeem it at customer service lost theirs and they raffled the rest off. I was there watching them raffle them off at 9:15 and I will tell you that people get mad when they did not get a ticket and waited for the raffle and still don't win one when the person who showed up to the store at 8:55 can enter and wins one on the first draw. That may just be the store here but I thought it was ridiculous that we were still waiting to get ours when they began raffling off the rest of those things.

Do you guys happen to know if most BB stores do it to this effect. They go to each individual person in line, and ask them which ones they want, if they havent run out? So if I literally have myself and 4 friends as the first 5 in line, each of us will all be able to get a laptop and desktop ticket, and maybe two other tickets?

I ask because I went to comp usa last year, and the employess pretty much walked briskly down the line handing stuff out to whoever called for it, I am sure several people in front of me (I was 12th or so) did not get a voucher they wanted. And the guy with the laser Printer tickets started 30 back in line!

That is my only fear, that I get there first or top 5 in line, and they skip me on certain vouchers.

Do you guys happen to know if most BB stores do it to this effect. They go to each individual person in line, and ask them which ones they want, if they havent run out? So if I literally have myself and 4 friends as the first 5 in line, each of us will all be able to get a laptop and desktop ticket, and maybe two other tickets?

Correct. You just need to bring 4 friends and get in line EARLY.

Correct. You just need to bring 4 friends and get in line EARLY.

Thats great to hear, that I myself can really get one of everything if I get there early enough to get in line. (I will, 10 PM.)

My friend who worked at bestbuy last year was telling me that for the first few people they handed out books of vouchers that had I think all of the tickets (one for each item.) to perhaps the first 5 or so I would think.

Thats great to hear, that I myself can really get one of everything if I get there early enough to get in line. (I will, 10 PM.)

My friend who worked at bestbuy last year was telling me that for the first few people they handed out books of vouchers that had I think all of the tickets (one for each item.) to perhaps the first 5 or so I would think.

Wow if we had forum titles you would earn "Hardcore BF shopper".

Getting in line at 10PM - waiting in line for 7 hours with 4 of your friends to get everything that you want?

:gd_pineap:bow::gd_pineap