Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Today was a great shopping day. I hit 4 stores and was able to find some good deals at 3 stores. Last week I did a recon mission and knew which store I wanted to start at, they had a bunch of good stuff. When I arrived there were only 2 other people stocking up. This is what I bought today from 3 different stores:

Minnie Mouse electronic musical cash register 086-02-2716 $4.48

Mario Kart remote control car 087-05-0784 $16.50

Wario remote control car 087-05-0220 $5.98

Hot wheels large monster jam truck (grave digger & dog) 087-07-1453 $4.78ea.

(2) Lil mommy scrub a dub dolls 086-04-0258 $4.48ea.

Moxie girl doll 086-02-0056 $9.94

Moxie girl doll 086-02-1018 $5.98

Spygear 087-02-0069 $7.48

Spygear audio 087-02-0467 $8.42

Mega blocks (boys) 204-07-0236 $8.24

Mega blocks (girls) 204-07-0236 $8.24

Minnie Mouse talking cellphone 086-02-0277 $2.38

My Look jewelry designer set 086-08-1085 $6.14

Barbie suds and hugs doll 086-06-1131 $6.28

Barbie hairstatic doll 086-06-1131 $5.38

Leapfrog learn to read 4 book set 204-04-1146 $4.18

(2) K'nex Mario kart track expansion set 204-07-0849 $6.58ea.

Hot Wheels electric loop speedway 087-07-0010 $12.80

Leap frog my own story leap pad (girls) 204-10-0970 $6.86

Dora Explorer Electronic adventure set 086-02-2715 $4.48

DC super friends trio set (batman) 204-07-0773 $10.04

Hot Wheels super stunt builder 204-07-0459 $10.78

Baby Alive wet and wiggles 086-04-0170 $8.98

Paper Jamz guitar strap 087-02-1571 $1.48

Creepy Crawl set 087-06-1166 $4.48

(3) Creepy Crawl refills 087-06-2368 $1.78ea.

Circo baby doll diaper bag set $2.98

I spent about $200 for toys. I am all set for Christmas with toys plus I have some from the January toy clearance too!

I agree with posts - great shopping day! I went to my first store right when it opened and was the only one getting toys. The 2nd store I went to had not finished marking down the toys, so I got what I wanted and waited for a while. As soon as I noticed they were close the the girl/barbie aisle I got the guts to ask one of the employees to scan the girl stuff I had. She did, which was different from my usual experience, so I was sooo grateful to her! At that same store a couple of days earlier one of the managers let me buy a couple of the summer clearance coppertone babies sunscreens for 90% off! So I will definitely be completing a good survey for them! Its really nice to have good customer service!

Here is some of the things I got 70% off that I have not really seen posted yet:

086090022 - our generation jeep car 10.13

086090125 - our generation kitchen set 18.58

086120866 - blonde our generation dolls 10.48

204001169 - dino lego set - 20.98

204030035 - little people race tower 13.48

082030010 - hot wheels 12 inch bike 20.38

also picked up some travel games like sorry cards, travel magnetic puzzles, pictionary... by the board game section

while waiting for the markdown team I was also happy to get swiffer bi-pack wet cloths for 50% off - 4.98 (total of 24 ct)

What I find really interesting about this year is that there are many things that others are finding clearanced that are full price at my stores (yep...even scanned). Other things I never even saw. So random from store to store this time around!

I went to another store and found a few more things (surprisingly...it was 6:30 and pretty cleared out, but a few hidden gems). I was happy to find an iXL tablet which I really wanted.

What I find really interesting about this year is that there are many things that others are finding clearanced that are full price at my stores (yep...even scanned). Other things I never even saw. So random from store to store this time around!

Yes. I noticed this as well. I went to 9 (yes, 9) stores today. I had the day off and decided to do the trail! I found some goodies, but it really was very hit or miss from store to store. Legos in particular were different from store to store. The Dinos were only clearance at one or two stores, and were, sadly, all gone there. Only one of the stores didn't go today. I talked to the team, and they were a day behind, so they will do it tomorrow. Too bad it is too far to go back....

I noticed in some earlier posts everyone agrees it all depends on who you talk to in the store to get the deals or not- just curious if anyone else on here has shopped in colo spgs and been in the checkout line with the "coupon nazi"? (I actually heard that name from a friend, so I know its not just me!)

Which store? I've hit union more often bc it seems to have better clearance than powers (both).

What are the squinkies things? I saw them but just passed them up because I dont really know what they are.

They're stupid little squishy collectible kids that my bff's daughter seems to like. I figured for a few cheap bday/christmas gifts for girls 4-7 or so should be good. I like the other ones better myself so bought a few sets of the zoobles. one came with all sorts of "dress up" stuff for it.

They're stupid little squishy collectible kids that my bff's daughter seems to like. I figured for a few cheap bday/christmas gifts for girls 4-7 or so should be good. I like the other ones better myself so bought a few sets of the zoobles. one came with all sorts of "dress up" stuff for it.

Thats what I figured they were, which was why I passed them up. The little ones in the family have enough littlest pet shop and polly pocket tiny pieces HAHA

Here is what I go today

087000821 - In a Pickle game $3.20

087071986 - Disney Cars 2 Action Agent Set - $5.38

087071987 - Disney Cars 2 Action Agent cars for the set $2.08 (qty #4)

087110187 - Nerf Dart Tag $4.98

087110223 - Nert Dart Tag Darts - $2.48

204000300 - Lego Harry Potter - $5.98

204000933 - Lego - Star Wars $7.94

204001199 - Lego $5.48

I went back to the Parma store today and there were was another section of clearance that wasn't out yesterday (or maybe I just missed it?). I found the Bizu sets I couldn't find yesterday, several Trio sets (picked up the Hot Wheels one), and a hexbug set.

There were quite a few other goodies I left behind: Thomas, Cars, MLP dress -up, Trio, and Bakugan to name a few.

I had the kids with me today. DS was busy looking at stuff, DD kept checking what I was putting in the cart. When DD saw the hexbugs she got excited. I explained they are for her brother's birthday and asked her to keep him busy so he wouldn't see them. I think she'll be surprised when she gets them for her birthday instead, but I doubt I'll be able use that trick again.

Don't know if anyone is in the Clarksville, TN area, but they had 3 Kindles yesterday when we were in there. Two Kindles for approx $55 and one Kindle Touch for approx $120 or so. I have heard most Targets have pulled them from their shelves but this one did have those.

I couldn't resist not going today and the voices in my head made me do it! Especially after yesterday's haul LOL! Boy I am glad I did though, the Target is in an area where most of their shoppers are elderly. This is what I scored today:

(2) Disney princess Sparkle Tiana's $5.96

(2) Tiana's car $6.58ea.

(1) Disney Rapunzel tiara set $3.88

(1) Kreo mirage $3.58

(1) University of Miami women's t-shirt $5.38

Total spent after 5% redcard discount $38.18

Don't know if anyone is in the Clarksville, TN area, but they had 3 Kindles yesterday when we were in there. Two Kindles for approx $55 and one Kindle Touch for approx $120 or so. I have heard most Targets have pulled them from their shelves but this one did have those.

ARGH WHY WON'T MINE MARK THEIRS DOWN/

/angry

Ah dang! Thursday is my mom's "go to town" day (she lives in Dover). She wants a Kindle and doesn't go to Target much because she says she always misses the good deals there. I'm hoping to help her nail the 90% off Back to School when it hits so she can buy a whole bunch of backpacks. She is in charge of the food program for that area and the same group does school supplies for needy kids. She gets frustrated that people spend full price on the stuff instead of bargain shopping it.

I'm in Nashville and looked for Kindles on Thursday and there are none at all in the Nashville West store. I would like to score a Kindle Fire on clearance but I guess I'm not gonna get that lucky!

I found a ton of clearance toys this morning. They were all piled up in buggies in the aisle. A lot of empty spots on the shelves. It appears that they had taken toys to the back to mark down and were just now returning them to the floor. No 70% signage at all. Weird.

Got cars, chuggington town train set, scrabble game, perfection, monopoly crazy money, hot wheels dog monster truck and more! There are coupons inside UNO card and scrabble card decks from 1 to 5 off games! I only found 3 $1 ones ( guess someone beat me to the 5 dollar ones could've made the games free!)

I spoke with a manager informed him there was only one lego set that went on sale. He said check back in a couple of weeks when we "Re-zone" my understanding is they might do another sale when the new toys comes in. What do you guys think?

No Kindles in my store at all. Bummer!

Went through the toy section today and was surprised at how much was left. I think b/c they never consolodated it hasn't been shopped by the regular shopping public at all (unlike when there is a whole aisle that says "70% off!" on it). Found a few great things today that I didn't notice when I was there on the big day...I don't think they were returns...just random things in random places, one of which wasn't even marked.

Weird thing that happened...I found a "Find it" for kids with a clearance sticker 70% off. When they rang it up it was full price and not even the same full price that the sticker said was the original price. She manually entered in the SKU from the clearance sticker and it STILL said full price. She was going to call the manager over to figure it out but by then I decided that I didn't really want it anyway (we already have the adult version) so I left it there. But that was weird. It was really dusty so part of me thinks that perhaps it was from a past toy clearance and has been restocked since then at full price. Who knows.

Stopped by a Target I don't usually shop at to grab some milk and found a Kobo Ereader Touch edition 057170007 for $30 (70% off). Had to buy it!

They also had a couple of clearanced Polly Pocket sets that came under $5, so free with my coupon (it took off the whole $5).

I even remembered the milk!

Great job!! Where did you get the polly pocket coupon?

Stopped by a Target I don't usually shop at to grab some milk and found a Kobo Ereader Touch edition 057170007 for $30 (70% off). Had to buy it!

They also had a couple of clearanced Polly Pocket sets that came under $5, so free with my coupon (it took off the whole $5).

I even remembered the milk!

Went to my Target today, and they were just starting to reset the toy department, and we're in the process of consolidating all the clearance toys. I also heard a couple of the team members who were putting out the new toys, exclaiming that they were finding clearanced items in the stuff they were just bringing out (so were dumping stuff on the one guy who was doing the clearance isle all by himself). I grabbed a couple of deals already mentioned here, but as he was alone with a tall stack of boxes to unpack, I couldn't wait around long enough to see everything. This was around 1:00pm, so they may have gotten done....but almost all Legos were no where to be found. (I did find a Lego City set 50% off.) They said they would be resetting the Lego isle tomorrow, so I guess they pulled them all to the back? Several people besides me asked about them, and they all just kept saying "check back tomorrow."