Need suggestions on what to get a 6month old girl

BrandyJervas

Books. The kind that have cardboard pages not paper ones, with only a picture and a few words per page. These were great for my daughter. At first she wasn't interested but then she began to love them. She is 15 months old now and still goes and gets those first few books that I used to read to her and wants me to read them all of the time. They are a great investment.

Are weebles 6 month old friendly when I was little they were for 18m+?? I was thinking of a care bear or two w/ the DVD from walmart on BF. We have a Baby Einstein that a friend got for her but my son was more interested than she was I liked it though. Thanks for the ideas keep 'em coming.

I have the exersaucer from when I had my son and she loves the thing I'm lucky I can get her out of it. I did get her some clothes but that's my mom's fav thing to buy for the kids so I don't wanna get too many. I got my son all sorts of cool toys for his 1st christmas but they had cool boy toys I just don't see that many really cool girls toys. I'll check walmart again tomorrow maybe they have some new stuff.

I made my own book for my kids when they were little. i bought a picture album with the peel open pages/static type.. then i cut all sorts of pictures out of magazines i did one page of body parts..eyes arms leggs, hair.. another page of family pictures, a toy page. food page etc. it was fun to sit her in my lap and point and say the words that go to the pictures. they loved those books. and they learned words in no time. they may not be able to talk much but eventually when you open a page and ask where is the eye they will point at it, after you have gone through the book a million times.

any toys are good that are age appropriate. this book was taylor made with things they liked and people they knew. you can do doctors nurses, mailmen police also..

kathy