What do people buy most on Black Friday?

bfaddict1977

I usually look for the small, typical gift items: movies, slippers, throws, toys & games, etc.

Much of my shopping is already done, so on BF I'm normally shopping for the extended family gift exchange, or for myself. It's a good time to replace worn out home goods and clothes for my family.

As the kids get older and want the newest electronics I may have to change up my game. Next year I may be looking for the cheap "starter" electronics you often find for doorbusters...

(Not that all doorbusters are cheapy-off-brand stuff, but a lot of the cheapy-off-brand offerings are limited-quatity doorbusters.)

DVD and Games definitely. If you are suave, you can get your whole holiday shopping done in one day. I know I have done it once or twice, plus frees you up for those surprise giftees (visiting relative, co-worker, new gf/bf). I usually get some homewares stuff, like towels and blankets. If you need a tv. this is a perfect time to buy which cheaper and expensive brands at very reasonable prices.

DVDs and video games, household items, clothes for self and DD, and toys/clothes for charity mostly. I like to be done shopping by Cyber Monday so that when I pay up the CC's, I can put them away for the remainder of the year and enjoy the holiday season without worrying about shopping.

I usually get myself a big ticket item and some small essentials. This year I seem to need a lot of bedding but I'm also considering a new camera. There's also small things I seem to get every year - blank discs, memory cards, etc.

I do think some people get a lot of junk because it's cheap. Does anyone remember when Circuit City had free-after-rebate monitor-cleaning kits? People dropped money on those and would fight for them! Still doesn't make sense to me as I'm not waiting for anyone to reimburse me for something I don't want or need. I just don't want anything entering my house that doesn't have a purpose. I had a job where I worked charity events and people would go nuts for free frisbees, snack clips, mouse pads, etc.... They must have drawers of that junk.

I get clothes for my 3 boys (they need coats), some toys, a ps3 game for the husband, looking at the norelco shavers this year for him, and normally, stuff for the house. i stay away from rebate items. I ALWAYS forget to send it in, or complete the form online, just annoying. Let me get my savings now, or forget it.

Usually I'm on the look out for good deals on toys on BF, but not this year. I've looked over the ads, and none of the stores really have "deals" on the stuff that my kids want this year. Like others have posted, I also look for clothing deals (especially winter coats and pjs) for my kids, and sometimes for myself or extended family. This year, for the first time, I'll be trying to pick up some inexpensive DS or Wii games, since my oldest son is getting a DS and they are jointly receiving a Wii from my parents. Since they have zero games to start with, whatever is on sale that I think they might enjoy will be on my list.