Webcast Survey and a Big Thank You!

bigjimslade

Hi Everyone! I first off want to say a BIG THANK YOU for everyone who supports the webcasts and everyone who has helped me with them this year and last year. I also want to say I am sorry if anyone felt that last nights webcast was bad. With it being so busy this week and lack of sleep I did not feel 100% but wanted to give a webcast as I promised. It takes alot to do a webcast and keep it moving.

With that said I would like your feed back on the webcasts and what you want over the next two weeks. Let us know your thoughts.

Do you want a webcast next Saturday?

Do you want webcasts during the week of Black Friday?

Do you want webcasting while I am in line?

What are your thoughts on the webcasts?

Do you find them valuable?

Thanks again to Brad and everyone else who has supported the webcasts.

-BigJim

YEAH webcasts everyday and all day.LOL.Def next Wednesday when ur online and Thursday if you can.Only thing and this is JMO is if the chit chat could be cut down a little.When someone asks a question its hard for u 2 answer as it scrolls up and gets lost or if maybe when someone asks a question we hold off chatting so u have time to read it.As far as last night and past webcasts i have a ball.I think they are entertaining and very informative.Last night went fine.There is no need to apologize as you dont have to be doing to this.Your doing us a favor.On another note if there is something you would like for us to do or not do let us now.Thxs again for all yall do.

I've enjoyed the webcasts since last year. The only things I would suggest would be:

a) a place for people to post questions beforehand (kind of like some ppl do in the message post, but maybe actively request questions)

B) someone to help you moderate the webcast i.e. copy/paste questions from chat/facebook etc into a separate window for you to get them from

I think it just needs a little stream-lining. You could also maybe work it out with select toy/electronics folks to call you throughout the webcast to discuss stuff as it comes up.

I find them soooo valuable. I have really learned a lot from them and you've been so helpful don't feel bad about an off night we all have them:) I'd love them while you're in line and def bf week I am really anxious to know more about how buying online works during bf would love a webcast on that and thank you for all that u so

I've enjoyed the webcasts since last year. The only things I would suggest would be:

a) a place for people to post questions beforehand (kind of like some ppl do in the message post, but maybe actively request questions)

B) someone to help you moderate the webcast i.e. copy/paste questions from chat/facebook etc into a separate window for you to get them from

I think it just needs a little stream-lining. You could also maybe work it out with select toy/electronics folks to call you throughout the webcast to discuss stuff as it comes up.

Love both of those suggestions. The chat goes REALLY fast when there's a lot of people in there and I get lost really fast trying to help answering questions.

I find them soooo valuable. I have really learned a lot from them and you've been so helpful don't feel bad about an off night we all have them:) I'd love them while you're in line and def bf week I am really anxious to know more about how buying online works during bf would love a webcast on that and thank you for all that u so

I agree with this!

I'm sure we'll have an "onling BF shopping" webcast before BF. It'll be more useful once we have everything set up on the site so you'll know what's being talked about rather than "we'll have this on the site eventually...". Bigjimslade can let you know how to use the tools we'll have on the site so you won't miss a thing.

BigJim,

I find them useful, and I would say for the regulars on the site, we feel a bit of a community on the site and in the webcasts.

You note that the chat goes really (too) fast. Now this may be hard to do on the internet, which is known for useless banter (and worse :no:), and I have been a little guilty on the chat, but I suggest that at the begining of the program, you ask that people limit their chat to thoughtful comments and questions directly related to BF and directed to you and all the listeners. And for all those reading this (note to self), let's limit our chat during the program to thoughtful comments and questions about BF. :yup:

I suggest that at the begining of the program, you ask that people limit their chat to thoughtful comments and questions directly related to BF and directed to you and all the listeners. And for all those reading this (note to self), let's limit our chat during the program to thoughtful comments and questions about BF. :yup:

I don't know about that, I think that's a big part of the draw. Now if Brad opened up a chat here maybe that'd work, I hear one existed once.

I love the webcasts! Thank you so much for doing them!! I have learrned a lot from them this year and last year. Last year, when I didn't know much about netbooks you answered my questions and it turned out the one I was going to get was not what I was looking for. That saved me a lot of time that would have been spent in line for no reason!

I try to catch the webcasts everytime but Saturdays can be difficult, so I would love to see more including during the week of black Friday. I also would like to see them when you are in line at BB.

I enjoy the chat as well though. Maybe if moderators could copy questions so they don't get lost, and then they could have them ready for you when you're ready to take the next question.

My two yen:

- easy to call in or Skype and get a question answered. Please put the Skype address under the phone # on the intro info

- Chat does move fast but I have asked a question on chat and another GDer answered it for me. I agree that mods should copy a good question and re-ask it if not answered.

- A theme song LOL

- the tent info and when to start standing inline (tips) are great. I would also add what to expect when the doors open I am sure there are new BFers here and my first time on BF I was woefully unprepared. Even a simple tip like having walkie talkies if you are with friends or how to make a good gameplan on BF.

- When looking at the ads please give us a minute to get the ad so we can follow along. With the Target ad I was scrambling to open the ad and by the time I did you were on page 3. Yes I am slow.. :(

- Add a poll to the page. I know some chats can add polls. I would love to see a question asked like (where are you shopping 1st this year) and being able to click on the poll and getting the results.

That's all for now I can think of

My first, and so far only webchat was the one while waiting for the Walmart ad to be posted. I thought it was fun and informative. I say keep doing them! :-) If you could do live webcasts from "Tent City" that would be awesome. I know I would tune in. Maybe you could have a roving reporter interviewing people in line? Thanks Big Jim and Brad for all you do on this site! It's one of my favorite all time sites.

Do you want a webcast next Saturday? YES! I'd rather have Friday but oh well. Could we get a couple during the week too?

Do you want webcasts during the week of Black Friday? Yes!

Do you want webcasting while I am in line? YES, YES, YES...interviewing people there with you! aka "special guest"

What are your thoughts on the webcasts? Love them!

Do you find them valuable? Yes although I was disappointed with the toy one. I was hoping for reviews of toys that people ask about rather than family dollar and dollar tree toys.

Do you want a webcast next Saturday? YES! I'd rather have Friday but oh well. Could we get a couple during the week too?

Do you want webcasts during the week of Black Friday? Yes!

Do you want webcasting while I am in line? YES, YES, YES...interviewing people there with you! aka "special guest"

What are your thoughts on the webcasts? Love them!

Do you find them valuable? Yes although I was disappointed with the toy one. I was hoping for reviews of toys that people ask about rather than family dollar and dollar tree toys.

In my own defense, I did demo the Easy bake oven live on the show. Over half of the show was dedicated to current toys in the marketplace and i was taking suggestions and feedback from viewers as well. I had also set up a toy talk thread, but not a soul responded with a question, nor did they come up with any alternatives to what I had originally come up with. The cost involved to set up demonstrations without hearing what viewers want is prohibitive at best. I do not believe it was a stretch to ask some people who are hurting financially to think outside the box for the first half of the show. It was aimed to help them save, while still giving their children a semblance of a happy holiday. If your situation is more fortunate than others, I am glad for you. I had planned two other shows which would have been more to your tastes. Unfortunately, I was only given this one time to do a show, until needed at a future date.

My two cents is to have thread/spot for questions to be posted. I see a lot of people ask questions in the chat box that get bumped and lost because the chatting. The chatting is fun and I enjoy that while listening to you. But the lost questions could be a good filler in between calls. But they are not getting used when they get missed by you because the chat box goes so fast. And it is very hard to scroll back and look because as soon as someone else post the box automatically moves on its own back to the bottom.

ETA: Other then that I think you do great and they are fun. :gdthums::gdthums::clapping:

Do you want a webcast next Saturday?

Sure I'll take a webcast on Saturday, but I'm with Peppermint...Fridays work better for me.

Do you want webcasts during the week of Black Friday?

Of course!!

Do you want webcasting while I am in line?

ABSOLUTELY!!! Can't wait to see Tent City

What are your thoughts on the webcasts?

Webcasts are fun, informative and can be very entertaining (other than the obnoxious callers from the previous 2).

Do you find them valuable?

Always, usually people ask questions that I have not thought of yet, so it helps me a lot

Also, I think the idea of getting questions before the webcast is great.

I love the webcasts and BJS has become a very big part of our Black Friday tradition now. Not sure why but Saturday nights are hard for me to watch. Seems like Im always out and about on Saturdays. Maybe a weeknight show would be better.

A few more thoughts:

1. I wonder if it would be possible to have two chat text screens running, one only for questions to Big Jim so he could see them, and another for other chat mainly between the viewers.

2. Might be nice if you could sometimes switch to split screen with live video of yourself in the corner and share part of your desktop on the main screen, to pull up ads or any other images you want to share. This is common in business web casting.

3. Put a light on your face--it gets a bit dim when your monitor goes to a darker screen and puts out less light to illuminate you.

Great job and I look forward to some chats from the line!

I don't know about that, I think that's a big part of the draw. Now if Brad opened up a chat here maybe that'd work, I hear one existed once.

I agree with tinkrbel, I love the friendly chat among the gottadeal family. But I do know it is hard to follow when it is busy.

I would DEFINITELY love to see a webcast while you are in line BigJim.

During the week it is harder for me to join in b/c of everything going on.

Thanks to BigJim (and stationchief) for the great webcasts!