Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

If anyone already has a printed ad, can you please tell me what the fine print says around the Skylander Mega Starter Set? I am assuming the starter set and some extra figures but I would like to know which ones. Thanks

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack includes starter pack, 3-character pack and Pirate Seas adventure pack. SKUs: 3727117/3727092/3727?74; Reg. price 109.99 each. Minimum 6 of each platform per store.

All i really need to know now is the pricing on the "online-only" deals. i wish some of these items will be feature in-stores cause i will be camping out this year. and i like to pay with cash on BlackFriday due to the reason, it limits my spending lol.

You guys think they will due a price check on itself? cause I'm eyeing those TRITTON AX 120.

When it comes to games they usually don't disappear super quick, but I would try to get into the store when they open and not wait until later in the day. I'm not saying you have to line up super early or anything. As for whether or not Wal-Mart will price match Best Buy's price. Well Wal-Mart wiil absolutely PM Best Buy. You just need to have a copy of the print ad to show them, and they will gladly match it no problem.

OH and welcome to the forums and to this amazing community. If you should happen to have any further questions as you prepare for your first Black Friday adventure (which you are going to love) feel free to ask. There is plenty of people around that would be glad to help.

Thanks for the info! The $39 dollar blueray player also looks like a wicked deal, so i would assume that is line up early. Ill have to sort out a plan of attack with the family lol. I am so excited im counting the days

Thanks for the info! The $39 dollar blueray player also looks like a wicked deal, so i would assume that is line up early. Ill have to sort out a plan of attack with the family lol. I am so excited im counting the days

That Blu-ray player is a "wicked" deal, so much so that as I'm in line to get things for myself and others I'll be picking up one of those for a friend. As for lining up to get one of these players? Well I know last year Best Buy had an Insignia Blu-ray player for $89.99 and I was able to show up ~4 hours before they opened and I easily scored one, but then again they had a stack of like a hundred of them (even though the ad said a min of 15) and this player wasn't the doorbuster model. I was interested in this one because the doorbuster model didn't offer netflix streaming and all of that. Things are different this year. The doorbuster Blu-ray player will do netflix streaming (and more) and is $39.99 which is as stated earlier a great deal. Basically this is one of those deals I think you will need to line up for but I don't think you need to be one of the first ten in line nor should you have to show up 12+ hours before store opening to get one.

EDIT - I should clarify that my info is based on my experiences, depending on where your located could play a large role in how early you need to line up.

That Blu-ray player is a "wicked" deal, so much so that as I'm in line to get things for myself and others I'll be picking up one of those for a friend. As for lining up to get one of these players? Well I know last year Best Buy had an Insignia Blu-ray player for $89.99 and I was able to show up ~4 hours before they opened and I easily scored one, but then again they had a stack of like a hundred of them (even though the ad said a min of 15) and this player wasn't the doorbuster model. I was interested in this one because the doorbuster model didn't offer netflix streaming and all of that. Things are different this year. The doorbuster Blu-ray player will do netflix streaming (and more) and is $39.99 which is as stated earlier a great deal. Basically this is one of those deals I think you will need to line up for but I don't think you need to be one of the first ten in line nor should you have to show up 12+ hours before store opening to get one.

EDIT - I should clarify that my info is based on my experiences, depending on where your located could play a large role in how early you need to line up.

Dunno about not having to show up very early. Even in the last few years, which were admittedly very lean years for doorbusters, our local BB's still had lines wrapped around the store hours before the tickets were passed out....like 400+. The line still started forming two days before the sale started, so you can almost imagine what this year's doorbusters will bring out.....this has been the best BB BF ad in three years, at least.

its a wicked deal but requires a $40 adapter to use wifi, so this wicked deal just became a cheap blu ray, better to buy one of the others that have built in WiFi

Alright take this one with a grain of salt, but according to a guy on another forum, he claims that two different people at a Best Buy told him that the PS3 bundle would be $149.99 for the first hour or so and not the $199.99 that's listed in the ad.

Haven't heard that but it COULD be in the additional sale that will be listed on the 23rd, however it is doubtful unless they are a manager that they would have that knowledge. Also, if it's only for the first hour, lol.... have you ever been on line in Best Buy Black Friday? The line alone could take 2 hrs just to make your purchase unless you have someone hold your spot for you.

Haven't heard that but it COULD be in the additional sale that will be listed on the 23rd, however it is doubtful unless they are a manager that they would have that knowledge. Also, if it's only for the first hour, lol.... have you ever been on line in Best Buy Black Friday? The line alone could take 2 hrs just to make your purchase unless you have someone hold your spot for you.

I agree with you completely. Checking out can take quite some time if you haven't any one to stand in line for you. This random guy did say that one of the two people was a manager, but even so, until this one is confirmed I'm taking it with a grain of salt. In fact since this random person posted this, I've heard no other reports to help validate his claim. I guess we will find out on the 23rd.

What is this additional sale you speak of. I haven't seen anything like that mentioned, other then the additional online only deals.

To end the debate on secret sales.... Best Buy issued a full press release stating that THERE WILL BE SECRET SALES AT BEST BUY. For the full press release you need to look no further than the GottaDeal.com forums under Best Buy. I believe they made the announcement on Friday so look at the posts from Brad on 11/11/11. Just wanted to end any debates over it before it fills up the forums by making it offical that they are having the annual secret sales. Now to discuss what might be found in those secret sales... I'm betting on the fact there will be a Toshiba laptop for under $150. Last year the cheapest Toshiba in BB was $449 and they had a similar one on sale for $189. Since last year the laptops have dropped in price and now the cheapest Toshiba is $329 this year. Also the fact that they have posted a $179 Lenovo laptop in their ad, they have something better planned. Also I would not be too surprised to see them save some of the HP ThinkPads for Black Friday. They are currently $150 with the purchase of a new computer, I would guess they will have them in the $99 price range, although BB has done so great this year with their ads, they may try to completely bury any competition remaining by going for about $79 on the HP. Best Buy has done great this year and people that normally go to other retailers either before or instead of Best Buy are changing their plans so arrive early. For those that are big-time into BF as I am, if you have not already done so, it is time to do recon and if needed get permission to arrive early. I just got home from round 3 of recon after speaking to the marketing director and director of security at the mall and obtaining special permission to arrive early. Anyone else will be turned away if they arrive too early but I got special permission because in years past I have always been first and kept things orderly, clean, and trouble-free. You will find that by working with those in charge they will work with you, in this case assuring me that I will be first, and if they try threatening me with arrest for trespassing like in previous years all I have to do is mention the director name and that he gave me permission.

To end the debate on secret sales.... Best Buy issued a full press release stating that THERE WILL BE SECRET SALES AT BEST BUY. For the full press release you need to look no further than the GottaDeal.com forums under Best Buy. I believe they made the announcement on Friday so look at the posts from Brad on 11/11/11. Just wanted to end any debates over it before it fills up the forums by making it offical that they are having the annual secret sales. Now to discuss what might be found in those secret sales... I'm betting on the fact there will be a Toshiba laptop for under $150. Last year the cheapest Toshiba in BB was $449 and they had a similar one on sale for $189. Since last year the laptops have dropped in price and now the cheapest Toshiba is $329 this year. Also the fact that they have posted a $179 Lenovo laptop in their ad, they have something better planned. Also I would not be too surprised to see them save some of the HP ThinkPads for Black Friday. They are currently $150 with the purchase of a new computer, I would guess they will have them in the $99 price range, although BB has done so great this year with their ads, they may try to completely bury any competition remaining by going for about $79 on the HP. Best Buy has done great this year and people that normally go to other retailers either before or instead of Best Buy are changing their plans so arrive early. For those that are big-time into BF as I am, if you have not already done so, it is time to do recon and if needed get permission to arrive early. I just got home from round 3 of recon after speaking to the marketing director and director of security at the mall and obtaining special permission to arrive early. Anyone else will be turned away if they arrive too early but I got special permission because in years past I have always been first and kept things orderly, clean, and trouble-free. You will find that by working with those in charge they will work with you, in this case assuring me that I will be first, and if they try threatening me with arrest for trespassing like in previous years all I have to do is mention the director name and that he gave me permission.

That press release was related to the additional sale items that were posted on the Black Friday Best Buy page. There was one that mentioned additional door busters in the coming days but that was the very first release of door busters. That did not mention anything about special sales in store only for Black Friday. Only that additional previews would come by signing up for Facebook. A additional preview did come, but also mentioned nothing that we hadn't already seen in the ad that leaked out.

You can view all there press releases at; http://pr.bby.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=244152&p=irol-news&nyo=0

Edited by Klownicle

I believe your talking about an HP TouchPad not ThinkPad. I highly doubt that will be a secret BB BF item. And HP has already said they have no more. They sold the last of their stock to employees.

I believe your talking about an HP TouchPad not ThinkPad. I highly doubt that will be a secret BB BF item. And HP has already said they have no more. They sold the last of their stock to employees.

There is more stock, its available to retailers when purchasing HP Laptops. Desktops and Printers depending on the stores liking (Walmart, BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot, Max, and HHGreg). Just look at there Black Friday ads for OD, OM, & Staples. They all state a HP Touchpad with Hp Laptop purchase. My local HHGregg and Bestbuy both have stock on hand right now. HHGreg will let you buy one the 32gb for 300$.

HP lied about there stock replacement and quietly went the retail route to sell at double there firesale price.

ATTENTION: Best Buy officially posted their Black Friday ad on their website, here, http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=entryflash&promotioncode=112411MWSNKPK&sneakpeek=y&_inv_out=9883&_inv_cp=1983879. One interesting thing to note is the pricing on the iPad 2 is now available, plus it seems you can get more details on most of the items.

EDIT - This online ad features 13 pages worth of actual extra deals.

A lot of items in the new pages are advertised at regular price, so don't expect too much from these pages.

I like that they added a wireless color laser printer. That means I don't have to go to staples or office max for the printer. I can do it all at one. Yey!