Got my Dell Laptop

ilalynch

I ordered the laptop on Thrusday and recieved it today. It is for my 8th grade daughter for Christmas. I got it out this morning just to "look" at it and let me say I am so pleased! It is awesome and I would recommend it. If anyone has any questions please let me know. We have a Dell and have been happy with it and I am glad I went this way.

Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop for $399 after rebate

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=15709

What were the specs ont he dell laptop?? Was it comparable to the Compusa and Walmart ones?

I don't understand what specs is. I just know all the threads about dell vs walmart. I just think this is an awesome laptop with what we made for it. I did end up getting the wireless card with it so it was a little more expensive but still within our budget. And I don't have to wait in line at Walmart!;)

I believe that by adding the wireless card you added another $50 and $50 shipping. So the dell is more than the ones at CompUSA and WalMart. Other than that I haven't compared the specs with the Dell because the pricing was different.

But Hey! Congrats on your purchase. You're gonna be top bannana come Christmas morning:banana01: :banana01: :banana01: :banana01:

Like I said on the other forum, I'd take a Dell over HP any day, so congrats.

If we're comparing the Dell Inspiron 1200 $399 vs HP $398 then I would agree.

The Dell offers less but seems to use better components than the HP. Remember you get what you pay for. These are the budget entry level laptops and you can't expect Lexus quality at Kia prices. Otherwise HP does make great laptops such as the HP DV4000 but those are closer to $1,000

It really depends on how much use it will get. If it is an everyday thing, it will not last as long as the really expensive Notebooks. If it is only used on trips, etc, that is another whole story. SOmething to consider when bugying one.

It is for my almost 14 year old daughter. She will be using it mostly for school and the internet. I am happy. I didn't want to spend a whole lot because computers are outdated constantly. She can use this until she goes to college and then we can upgrade. Like I said before we have a Dell and I am extreemly happy with it. I was just worried about not being able to get one at Walmart. This puts my mind to ease that the big present is out of the way. Not to get my 5 year old his DS.. I wish i could find a HUGE deal on this besides paying &150 for the bundle. :cheesy:

We have DSL... that is why we decided to get DSL because my husband wanted to get her a laptop. I just have to figure out how to network them now.:gd_pirate

All you need is a router and CAT5 ethernet cable, the Dell 1200 laptop has a 10/100 Ethernet adapter built in :)

I ordered mine late last Wednesday and they started trying to deliver it on Friday! I finally picked it up yesterday and I am very satisfied also! I didn't get the card with mine, which I may decise to purchase later, but I have DSL and can still use dial-up at the house if I need to get online at home with the laptop. It ended up costing me $49 more than it would have at Wal-mart but I am impressed with the quality for the price and with not having to fight over them on BF. It gives me time to fight over something else - like a gamboy SP! :wub:

I ordered mine late last Wednesday and they started trying to deliver it on Friday! I finally picked it up yesterday and I am very satisfied also! I didn't get the card with mine, which I may decise to purchase later, but I have DSL and can still use dial-up at the house if I need to get online at home with the laptop. It ended up costing me $49 more than it would have at Wal-mart but I am impressed with the quality for the price and with not having to fight over them on BF. It gives me time to fight over something else - like a gamboy SP! :wub:

:g_clap:

I am glad I found this post...my dtr who is going off to college in the fall was talking about this deal. I told her if I could find it I would try to talk her dad to get it for her for Christmas. He would believe us that you could get a laptop for under $400. I am copying and pasting this! lol Ugh! it ends today. Oh well, I am sure there will be another deal something like this before Christmas. I will still show hubby this just to prove him wrong.