External Hard Drive deals on Black Friday?

schoolboy

Target every year has done a cheap external. But keep this in mind. The hard drive shortage might affect the deals and pricing. You can get a 2tb internal at bestbuy for 79$ right now and you could buy a external case from newegg. You might end up being cheaper that way.

Also, every external I have bought from target on Black Friday died a year later. The past one dieing last week with thousands of bad sectors. Just a FYI. I'm usually a big backer of WD, but every external i've had from them has done the same thing. Just my 2 cents. I'd still be buying it this year thoe :)

Unfortunately, it does not seem like to have good deals on hard drives this year. I am glad that I got a 2TB Seagate external for $55AC last week. It is interesting that the before coupon price last week is even better deal than the one on BF ad.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I thought about the flooding being a problem. I purchased a 1TB a few years ago, and it has been great, but I'm looking for another one so I can clean off my computer and still have a back up for pics and home movies. 1.5 TB seems like a good deal if the hard drive is a good brand. The 1TB a few years ago around this time was $79. This is the one I bought then: http://www.buy.com/prod/fantom-green-drive-quad-1tb-usb-2-0-esata-firewire-400-800-external/211108356.html

• 2 weeks later...