How Long Does It Take You to Wrap Gifts?

bfaddict1977

This year I was very lucky, and so will my kids be, and they're going to have a wonderful christmas. They're getting just about everything on their christmas lists(I say almost because they'd love much more but I had to set limits). IT's going to take me hours to wrap and I'm overwhelmed at the thought of that. How long does it usually take you to wrap gifts? I know some people wrap as they buy? Does Santa put together the big gifts? I got ds train table but I cannot lift it back up the steps. My neighbor helped me carry it in. Xmas Eve I'm still trying to figure out HOW to get dd to stay sleeping for 2 hrs while I put out the gifts? Wrapping my neighbor volunteered to help watch my kids so I can do that but literally it's going to take a LONG time. And I'm hoping I have enough paper. I KNOW I need to buy more tape today. I'm going to start today, as I know I'll be getting more on bf.

I stockpile the gifts and then take a few days to wrap. I sometimes (ok almost always) sweet talk hubby into wrapping the awkward shaped gifts! Lol. This year..today actually..I need to go into my closet and throw away the old rolls of wrapping paper that I have had in there for years. I need new stock!

I try to wrap as I buy. I already have about 8 gifts wrapped. I wrapped them back in September. I use a different wrapping for everyone so I have tons of wrapping paper. Santa wraps each of the kids in different paper too.

If I were to add up the amount of time I wrap it would probably be around 2-4 hours. We don't usually have a ton of stuff to wrap so it really doesn't take me that long. I sometimes lock myself in my room to wrap presents while my husband watches my daughter.

We do put gifts together from Santa. We usually do that Christmas Eve. This year my daughter is getting a trampoline so my husband, his dad, and the boys are going to put it together after I get her to bed. This will probably be a night that I let her get in my bed and then I lay down with her so she will go to sleep early...lol.

I do need a few more rolls of paper though.

O i loooove to wrap presents. I wrap as i buy usually. Right now I have a trunk full of presents that need wrapped but i havent bought any wrapping paper yet. I always wait til the kiddos go to bed then stay up with a good christmas movie on and wrap my little heart away!

Normally I wrap as I get them BUT this year, there will be FEWER gifts because they'll be more costly, so I am thinking of trying to control myself :cheesy: and do them either all at once or on just TWO special days.

I think on the average 5 minutes per item/ box. . . depends how weird shaped it is ;)

Do any of you disguise your gifts/wrap them in bigger boxes? I find I HAVE to do that because I can't bear to have such tiny little dvd boxes under the tree that look like nothing exciting and you can't even really appreciate some of the wrapping paper, depending on the pattern of it when the boxes are so small. . .

I don't do every box, but I'll do several. I save some shoe boxes to put some video games or dvd's in to fool my curious boys...

Do any of you disguise your gifts/wrap them in bigger boxes? I find I HAVE to do that because I can't bear to have such tiny little dvd boxes under the tree that look like nothing exciting and you can't even really appreciate some of the wrapping paper, depending on the pattern of it when the boxes are so small. . .

I don't do every box, but I'll do several. I save some shoe boxes to put some video games or dvd's in to fool my curious boys...

Yes I also will put say an itunes gift card or Microsoft points for Xbox in a really big box and stuff with paper or bubble wrap, just to make the tree look fuller with the presents. Something else I do is one of the kids gets a gift that has several pieces (accessories) I will wrap each accessory in the same paper but individually. I will mark them so I know which it is and make them open them in order so as not to spoil the surprise. I started doing that since their gifts are more expensive. This year DS is getting the Asus Transformer with keyboard docking station, as well as the screen kit, a case to carry it, microsd cards. All will be wrapped separately so it looks like he has more.

I love a full tree with tons of presents around it. I can't put the presents out early since we have 4 dogs (2 puppies this year) and a nosy cat who eats paper. Al presents will go out Xmas eve after they have gone to bed.

I stockpile the gifts and then take a few days to wrap. I sometimes (ok almost always) sweet talk hubby into wrapping the awkward shaped gifts! Lol. This year..today actually..I need to go into my closet and throw away the old rolls of wrapping paper that I have had in there for years. I need new stock!

You should consider donating the paper to a thrift store or local charity that gives gifts to kids. I see wrapping paper at thrift stores all the time.

Last year it took five evenings of 3-5 hours each evening :eek: Santa even wraps the presents, even the wee stocking ones since there are elves whose only job it is to wrap presents (thank you Ellie the Elf). This year we have less presents, so it should take less time, surely.

that's me, it's gonna take me about 5 days or more to wrap all this. I did make a HUGE dent and wrapped all dd's gifts and get a dent in my younger dd's gifts. I have my 2 ds's and my baby daughter's gifts left as well as my middle daughter's to finish. I killed out a big portion in about an hr.

Wow..you guys take forever :P BUT then again I know some of you make the gifts look impossibly pretty too. I usually JUST wrap, maybe some ribbon if its a small thing like a game, dvd or jewelry and it takes a few hours. We usually leave things until really last minute(Christmas eve/morning) even though we have everything way in advance.

We haven't been putting up a tree lately so maybe that's part of the issue. I think I'll ask to put up the fake one Thanksgiving weekend and then test Bella for a few days before putting any gifts under it.

I only disguise stuff if I want to trick the person NOT to make a prettier package:) Last year I collected the boxes the office coffee came in and wrapped different people's stuff in it. When they unwrapped a coffee box some were quite unamused.

Yes I also will put say an itunes gift card or Microsoft points for Xbox in a really big box and stuff with paper or bubble wrap, just to make the tree look fuller with the presents. Something else I do is one of the kids gets a gift that has several pieces (accessories) I will wrap each accessory in the same paper but individually. I will mark them so I know which it is and make them open them in order so as not to spoil the surprise. I started doing that since their gifts are more expensive. This year DS is getting the Asus Transformer with keyboard docking station, as well as the screen kit, a case to carry it, microsd cards. All will be wrapped separately so it looks like he has more.

I love a full tree with tons of presents around it. I can't put the presents out early since we have 4 dogs (2 puppies this year) and a nosy cat who eats paper. Al presents will go out Xmas eve after they have gone to bed.

Love it! You are very creative! I too hate the tree to look empty underneath :)

Last year I collected the boxes the office coffee came in and wrapped different people's stuff in it. When they unwrapped a coffee box some were quite unamused.

I've done this a few times, it was FUN....even embarrassed a few guys in the family using some female oriented type boxes to put gifts in... and a sweater in a blender box to a lady who doesn't cook, look on her face was great, she pretended she liked it for a minute...

on the ECO side, I am recycling boxes :P

I usually lock myself in a room and it can take me HOURS, talking 5-6hrs. I am one that buys all my wrapping paper, tissue paper, hanging tags and make my own bows though :)Thi year I even bought those nice cardboard boxes from Hobby Lobby in all different sizes too. I like my gifts to look nice when people recieve them. I think every year I am going to wrap as they come in but then I just figure its easier to do it in one shot with the room a mess with all it takes to get it done. One day, one cleanup.

I've done this a few times, it was FUN....even embarrassed a few guys in the family using some female oriented type boxes to put gifts in... and a sweater in a blender box to a lady who doesn't cook, look on her face was great, she pretended she liked it for a minute...

on the ECO side, I am recycling boxes :P

HAHA That is great, we ALWAYS since he was 11 or so give DH's youngest stepbrother (19 this year) a PRINCESS giftcard and wrap in in a victoria's secret striped giftbag. Poor guy!

I don't mind wrapping just don't expect too much:P It doesn't help that I'm incapable of cutting in a straight line, I guess it doesn't help that I can never tell if this are hung straight either. Which is the paper with lines marked on the inside? I may try getting some of that on sale/after season clearance and see if it helps.

It usually takes me a week or do doing at least an hour or so a night. Last year I was home on maternity leave so it was easier to wrap when the baby and DS4 took their naps. This year I am planning on starting BF weekend even though I already have a tote filled and expecting more shipments this week.

I also really want to make the presents look pretty this year; ribbons and bows and all :)

I use to wrap when the kids were at school and dd was naping but she doesn't usually nap anymore so I'm not sure when I'm going to get a chance to! I would love to say when they go to bed at night but I get up at 445 am 7 days a week and when they are in bed I wanna go too! I hope that maybe I can get dh to take dd3 somewhere while the others are at school and then I can! You would think that it would be easy as I'm a stay at home mom but its really not!

just started wrapping this morning!! it usually takes me a few several hour sessions. i doubt this year will be any different based on what i've already picked up so far and what i still plan to buy. my list is a little smaller though this year, so who knows?!!

i also did the wrapping obvious gifts (dvd's and video games!) inside of different boxes. thank goodness i'm close to a hallmark outlet, i have a ton of gift boxes now to hide things in from my snoop of a dh :) i didn't realize until this morning though how low i was on xmas wrap! 6 rolls?! eeeep!!