Black Friday Webcasts - Archived Mega Thread

bigjimslade

Black Friday Live is the ONLY Black Friday webcast where you can directly chat and interact with the world’s top Black Friday experts from Gottadeal.com.

This webcast we will update you on Black Friday 2011, tips for Black Friday, Contests and Answer your Black Friday questions LIVE on the air!

All you need to do is join us at the link below at 7pm Central (other time zones listed below). If you want to chat with us all you need to do is sign up for a ustream account. It is fast and free.

Webcast: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/black-friday-live

Time Zones

UTC - 00:00

Eastern - 8:00pm

Central – 7:00pm

Mountain – 6:00pm

Pacific – 5:00pm

Alaska – 4:00pm

Hawaii – 2:00pm

You can RSVP on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=199197673482019

Right after Black Friday LIVE this Saturday we will have a special toy webcast. It starts at 9pmCT and will last for 2 hours. We will take your calls and questions LIVE on the air. I hope you will join us.

Below is a special intro from the host!

Time Zones

UTC - 02:00

Eastern - 10:00pm

Central – 9:00pm

Mountain – 8:00pm

Pacific – 7:00pm

Alaska – 6:00pm

Hawaii – 4:00pm

Greetings!

My User name is Jaymacfla. I have been around the Toy and Hobby scene longer than Black Friday, and that's a very long time! I am better known as Ray McCarty II, a former US Marine and father of Five.

During my Toy collecting years, I had written for Toy Soldiers and Collectibles, and had been featured in magazines, such as Toy Shop, Warmans, and Toy Soldier and Playset Collector. I had managed to amass quite a collection of toys consisting of Die cast cars, Barbies, Toy soldiers, trading cards, and many other items of value. I eventually sold most of my prized possessions in order for my Wife to have numerous operations that were necessary. Today, I collect Games, video games, Blurays and DVDs, TV shows and build/maintain computers as a side hobby. We enjoy a full life and because of the value that toys have, both emotionally and financially, they will always be near and dear to my heart. In addition to collecting, my selling name is Rayjaxfla on Ebay.

Now, on to the show topic:

Saturday's show will be centered on the emergence of the Dollar Stores, what they are, and the different levels of product (toys) that can be found there. Did you know that since the recession started more people than ever are discovering the Dollar store for the very first time? Persons of every demographic are shopping there. Three local stores were visited this week and some of the better finds there will be discussed. For the purpose of discussion, One of them is a true to name Dollar store, and that is "Dollar Tree". We have posted all of the catalogs associated with the other two stores, Dollar General, and Family Dollar. If you do not have these stores in your part of the country, then perhaps you have an equivalent. by studying these models, you will begin to see that a pattern exists to fill in the gap between these stores and the intermediary stores like Fred's, and Big Lots. From there, you can jump the gap directly to Walmart, Kmart and Target. Putting together the pieces of the merchandising game is fun, and you can clearly see that the Dollar stores want to attract you where stores like Walmart wishes not to go, that is the $1, $2, $3, $5. and $10 price points.

In the second hour, We can discuss any hot toy and I can give you my perspective on whether I believe that it is either a good buy, or even a good product. Be sure to post your questions, and I will see you Saturday!

Time Zones

UTC - 02:00

Eastern - 10:00pm

Central – 9:00pm

Mountain – 8:00pm

Pacific – 7:00pm

Alaska – 6:00pm

Hawaii – 4:00pm

Edited by bigjimslade

Glad to see you'll be hosting a webcast Jay!! Can we expect you to talk about video games especially the Skylanders game? I just bought this and will begin testing it on Friday. It is for my kids for Christmas--but hey...I want to try it out first!! I look forward to joining the webcast and getting your input on the toy scene.

I have heard some pretty good things about this game, but i am not too keen on the cost factor involved if your children want to progress in the game. If this is not a factor, then I would say that they are in for a good time from all of the proponents of this game!

Sounds great! I know a number of people have been waitin' for this. :yup:

I'll be stickin' around for both BigJim's and your webcasts (even though I only know a lil' about video games) so if ya need my help in any way, lemme know. :)

Video games are a passion of mine as well, so your input is always welcome!

Jay--I think you should get the new and improved Easy Bake Oven and do a demonstration! You could also demo games, video games, and other toys. You could soon be on the path to a show like QVC where they demonstrate all the cool toys!! I can see it now.

See I also think this would be a good idea - if Jay doesn't do it though, maybe people that have used the new toys out there can come share their opinions of them during the cast.

Jay--I think you should get the new and improved Easy Bake Oven and do a demonstration! You could also demo games, video games, and other toys. You could soon be on the path to a show like QVC where they demonstrate all the cool toys!! I can see it now.

If you are a fan of the classic oven, then you know how truly confounding it is for a mother who buys one for their child, then realizes that the mixes are not cheap and then buys a hoard of Jiffy mixes for her. The child then bakes her little heart out for herself and others, holds teas and Friday night Creature Feature cake parties(every weekend), and then..........................................Pause...............cannot figure out why her daughter gained 20 pounds! Folks, I think the mixes are priced that way for a reason!

Good Morning! A lot has happened this week in the world of Black Friday so please join us tonight for our weekly Black Friday Webcast. We will be going over all of the Black Friday ads that have leaked so far, talk about the very early store opening times and other Black Friday news. We will also be answering all of your questions LIVE on the air and giving away some Black Friday t shirts. The webcast starts at 7pm CT and the details are below. We hope to see you there.

Also dont forget about our Toy Webcast right after Black Friday LIVE! I know Jay will have the show packed with great info and advice.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?235906-Toy-Webcast-Saturday-Nov.-5-9pm-Central

Black Friday Live is the ONLY Black Friday webcast where you can directly chat and interact with the world’s top Black Friday experts from Gottadeal.com.

This webcast we will update you on Black Friday 2011, tips for Black Friday, Contests and Answer your Black Friday questions LIVE on the air!

All you need to do is join us at the link below at 7pm Central (other time zones listed below). If you want to chat with us all you need to do is sign up for a ustream account. It is fast and free.

Time Zones

UTC - 01:00

Eastern - 8:00pm

Central – 7:00pm

Mountain – 6:00pm

Pacific – 5:00pm

Alaska – 4:00pm

Hawaii – 2:00pm

You can RSVP on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=268837983137337

Edited by bigjimslade