Official "Is it me or are the ads disappointing so far?" thread ;)

Tigger97498

I believe WM will have some good stuff. Why would they actually be leaking there own ad this year? When they do that we will get it here and all will be well in the world!!:D JUST HURRY UP ALREADY!!!:runaway: I'm almost to crazy waiting for something good....I keep looking back at all the old ads still floating around the web.:tired::tired::tired:

yes the staples ad is a little short of horrible, I didnt see anything in the ad that you couldn't get right now online. sad face :-(

Staples has the BlackBerry Tablet for $199 that is great. I am not a big Black Berry fan but it does everything the Ipad does for half the cost. This is a great buy, but I am not sure about all the other items. ;)

I to am still waiting on some of the bigger ads (walmart, target, etc). I have seen a few things at Kohls and JCP that I need to get. Overall, I am neither disapointed or overly excited about the prices/items on sale. Some years I get alot of stuff and feel like I didn't spend alot and then some years, I come home with hardly anything. I still enjoy it no matter what. Its the excitment of being out their shopping with everyone and being with my MIL and SIL. I always hope that I have luck and bring home lots of stuff. I'm actually taking a day off work during the week this year to buy presents so if I don't do good on BF then I'll know I've got that day coming up to try again. LOL!

This is my first "real" black friday where I have actual money set aside for. In years past, I have looked up and it was here so quickly and I ended up having to use money from that "Friday"s paycheck.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am happy I have money this year and geeked that I can actually plan and stratergize this year. So far Kohls is the best ad for the things I need, and the $15 Kohls cash is a plus right?

This is my first "real" black friday where I have actual money set aside for. In years past, I have looked up and it was here so quickly and I ended up having to use money from that "Friday"s paycheck.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am happy I have money this year and geeked that I can actually plan and stratergize this year. So far Kohls is the best ad for the things I need, and the $15 Kohls cash is a plus right?

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU :lolrun: It is so much fun when you have set a certain abmount aside for shopping. I have fun even if I am on a tight budget but it is fun to know that you can buy something extra and even something for you. I try to do this every year. This year I even saved for a new TV!

It's not just you, OP. I've carefully studied each ad that has been released and there is nothing in those ads that would motivate me to leave my house. I am hoping that Target puts out a great ad! It's always my first stop. I love the cheap DVDs. I may stop in Walmart depending on what they have. But I'm just not into it this year...more looking forward to the Breaking Dawn movie! :)

Your post reminds me of the first time I went shopping. I didn't have much money. I only had $200 saved. Me and my hubby were 19 year old newly weds and it was hard to just save that $200. Anyway, I ended up getting so much stuff for $200. I was amazed at how well I did. I'm happy for you and hope you have lots of luck.

Your post reminds me of the first time I went shopping. I didn't have much money. I only had $200 saved. Me and my hubby were 19 year old newly weds and it was hard to just save that $200. Anyway, I ended up getting so much stuff for $200. I was amazed at how well I did. I'm happy for you and hope you have lots of luck.

I have went BF shopping several times with only 200.00. I was able to buy my daughter's Christmas, some of my boys' christmas, and my niece's Christmas for that. And they got a lot more than if I would have paid full price. I have also had 400-500 to spend before. That year I got nearly all my Crhistmas shopping done that day.

This year I am hoping to have about 500. But I have big ticket items I would like to purchase. I am wanting a good deal on a trampoline and PS3. Maybe a 19" TV also.

That was Walmart's ad??? What a disappointment! The 360 bundle is a good deal even for a 4GB, but not worth going there and fighting the crowd for one item. I hope Target is better!

Yeah, I hate to gripe but I was really hoping for better on the things my hubby and I are gunning for. :( There were a few things I liked though, particularly that light blue Wii! And I do have to give them credit for at least posting it early themselves so we know!

Oh man! I am soo disappointed in WM's ad. It is the one I think i get most excited about because i always go there first. This year I have to work at two jobs on black friday and could only make it to walmart..but i dont see anything that I really want to get. I hope Target and TRU do a little better than this!

I am in the majority too, not really excited by anything, yet. We usually spend most time/money at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Kohl's (in that order).

I am not loving anything at Kohl's...Walmart a few things at this point...BB just listed a preview, meh, :no: rest of ad needs to be way better than the preview...

I am gonna need a pitcher of margaritas to get me excited enough to spend some money at this rate...

Man I was really starting to get into the black friday groove and then came back here. Yall have made me depressed :( , but the truth is the truth. There are a few good things in the Ads, but it all depends on what you had your heart set on. Maybe we should make a black friday wish list mid way through next year and then we can send it to all the major retailors as a Gottadeal Family. We are truly the only real Black Friday site and hard core shoppers. Maybe if we tell them what we would like to see then they can work to please us ? :g_think:

Is it me or are there no deals on iTunes cards (yet)? I know we haven't seen the Target ad yet (and they had a deal last year) but WM and Best Buy also had deals last year IIRC (Walmart's was before BF). The earlier openings will make it impossible for me to go at that time since I have to work all day on BF.

The only place I saw iTunes cards so far was at Walgreens. Buy a $30.00 pack and get a $10.00 Walgreens giftcard. I know I got some at Target last year too.

Here's a good laugh for your morning: I have been looking through the ads this morning for tv's as we would like to get a nice one for my parents but have a limited budget this year. I saw the Target westinghouse or whatever it is and told my hubby (I hadnt made it to the best buy ad yet...). He said "Really? Aren't they opening at 10 or something?" I told him I believe it is midnight. He stated he didnt want to get up at midnight, but "we should check later that morning (as in 9-10 oclock), I bet they will still have the tv's then" Hahahaha.... yeah right. The worst part is, he has gone shopping with me several years now and knows better. He is so optimistic, maybe I should let it rub off on me a little!