Christmas Bonuses should be.......

t_mulkey

our office hands out $100 to all secretaries and staff on the day before tgiving! They have bfast brought in and hand out $$$.

My Christmas bonus sucks...it was like 250 last year, or maybe even 200. I remember at another firm when I used to get a week and a half's paycheck. The worst thing is here, its called a year-end bonus and they aren't given out till after the first of the year and included in your paycheck so the taxes are higher and you can't even hide it from hubby! :violin:

Hubby never gets anything for Christmas or Thanksgiving, you would think they were better since they are one of the larger companies world wide.:mad:

he must work where I do....

I would love to get a bonus for the holidays or 'year end'.

When my husband worked for a pharmicutical company, he would get a very large Christmas bonus. That was wonderful. Now that my husband has joined back up with the military, our Christmas bonus is whatever our normal pay is. There is no such thing as a Christmas bonus. We make 25% of what we did and no bonus! Gotta love that!!!We wouldn't trade it for the world though! :fryingpan

Don't feel bad DH work gives them an Attaboy and sends them on their way! LOL We just found out this year though they are having a Christmas party!!! They haven't had one of those in years! Well let's see the last one they did have I was pregnant (didn't know it though) with my youngest son ...he's 9 now! LOL

The credit union on post lets you postpone one auto loan payment in either Dec or Jan. That's as much as we get, being Army. Would be nice if they made the payment for us, instead of tacking it onto the end of the loan...but one fewer bill in Dec does help.

I sure wish that my auto loan payment for Dec. could be held back!!! Lucky you!!!:2cloud9:

At one place I worked, I got 1/2 my paycheck as a bonus and the attorney would give it the day before Thanksgiving. At the next place they didn't even acknowledge Christmas because the partners CLAIMED they were Jewish and Jewish people don't believe in Christmas (OH BROOOOTHER, what an excuse... They were only Jewish when it was convenient!). I don't know what my new place will do.... I don't start until next week! ;)

Guest all2tired
My hubby used to get 1 1/2 times his normal pay for a bonus. It helped so much because Oct and Nov always has us struggling for some reason. that bonus would get us back on track. Now they no longer give out the bonuses they have a Christmas party instead that is mandatory on a week day and is for employees only. The party is over an hour away from my house so i told him skip it, if they fire you for not going, you'll get a better job elsewhere.

would you believe that my husbands company he works for is having a nice christmas dinner at the local country club, however all employees are responsible for their own meals... whoo hooo! Not even a turkey at thanksgiving or christmas bonus, so to those of you who get a bonus at all you are very lucky!!!

The credit union on post lets you postpone one auto loan payment in either Dec or Jan. That's as much as we get, being Army. Would be nice if they made the payment for us, instead of tacking it onto the end of the loan...but one fewer bill in Dec does help.

The loan company i have my car note through does the same thing. So thats as much of a bonus im gonna get...extending my loan another month, at least i'll have the extra $$ now

would you believe that my husbands company he works for is having a nice christmas dinner at the local country club, however all employees are responsible for their own meals... whoo hooo! Not even a turkey at thanksgiving or christmas bonus, so to those of you who get a bonus at all you are very lucky!!!

wow so nice of them :rolleyes: omg that's really something

My Christmas bonus sucks...it was like 250 last year, or maybe even 200. I remember at another firm when I used to get a week and a half's paycheck. The worst thing is here, its called a year-end bonus and they aren't given out till after the first of the year and included in your paycheck so the taxes are higher and you can't even hide it from hubby! :violin:

I do get a $20 gc for a local mall- i'm thrilled just to get something

my husband works for a auto maker a big one at that and we get nothing ever... we used to get a check in march i think but that was cut out also .. he is uion and most all of everything goes to the a** kisseres in the uioon or managment.

the line works get nothing at all. all year long. know they are taken pay raise away also to pay for retires health insurance we are to lose a 1.06 a hour next year and moybe more in years to come.///

so i guess that is there way of saying merry x mas..