Worth waiting in line for $10 Sears GC?

RossMAN

Not to me. I have never gotten one. But I'm usually more interested in things that I can tangibly use for a gift. Sears prices are usually higher than other stores and I can get the same items by watching the sales/clearances cheaper than the 10.00 gift certificate would make them. Maybe not before Christmas, but definately after Christmas and since I start buying early every year and store the items, it doesn't seem worth it to me to stand in that line for the GC. JMO.

It's tough for me to not consider going for it. The Sears here is right next door to the JC Penney, and I always go for their free snowglobes. So I can wait outside Sears fairly early and get the free $10 GC and the JCP snowglobe, or I can wait outside another store that has a really great deal on something I want, but definitely miss out on the GC and possibly on the snowglobe. I guess I just have to wait and see what all the stores are offering.

Although, I do have a very sour taste in my mouth about the way Sears did the giveaway last year, leaving me waiting outside for over an hour and not getting a GC because of people who showed up 20 seconds before the doors opened and all got one.

-Mark-

I remember 3 or 4 years ago Dillards did that during the summer and noboday cared I guess. I went through 3 different doors and got three cards. I used to go to Foleys every year to get one, but they closed that store, and the others are to busy. I got two gift cards from Foley's as well.

I dont think it's worth it & would never stand out in the cold for hours to get a 10.00 gift card. Now if it was 100.00 I might consider it. LOL

I remember last year was goin to Target which is connected to our one mall. So is Sears & there was this huge line. I am sure alot were there for those gift cards & god know how long they were waiting.

i love Sears. I don't care for the gift card though because DH does not like to stand in line for a $10 GC. He does not mind standing in line for buying stuff (like amking a line outside KB toys), but he hates to go in line to GC.

And it is way toooo cold. I don't think it it worth it, although we shop a lot from Sears on BF.

Simonalex

Is it worth waiting in line for hours just for a Sears $10 GC?

How much is your time worth?

If you are going to be waiting anyway...for something else why not. Or if you have 10 people going from one family I'd say YEAH. But if it means you are going to miss out on something somewhere else ...then nope.

It would be nice to get because my dd wants the Cinderella dvd and it will be 14.99 at sears that day. The GC would make it 4.99, but I won't go just for that! No way I'd get one anyway because so far I'll be at walmart and I'll never make it to sears early enough to get in line for the card.

~H~

I did it last year and wont do it again. People waited in a nice orderly line then they opened the doors. OMG. The people handing out GC were in the center of the store so it was a mad rush to get to them first. People first in line would not get a card if they didnt run the fastest. It was total chaos. I wont do it again. It was not worth it!

Well, that certainly is BS! They should have passed them out like 2 minutes before the store opens to the FIRST PEOPLE IN LINE!

~H~

I did it last year and wont do it again. People waited in a nice orderly line then they opened the doors. OMG. The people handing out GC were in the center of the store so it was a mad rush to get to them first. People first in line would not get a card if they didnt run the fastest. It was total chaos. I wont do it again. It was not worth it!

I did it last year and yes, it was worth it to me. I wanted to be at Sears when they opened anyway as I had a lot to buy there. They handed the cards out at one entrance only and the door was marked saying that was the door for the GC. When the door was opened, everyone walked in pretty much in a single-file line and got their card from the guy there, then mobbed the store. It worked just fine and gave me a nice additional discount to my shopping there.

It was worth it to us last year. We had a list of things that Sears had on sale during their earlybird sale. The gift cards were a bonus, we ended up getting a nice (as in it still works!) upright vaccum cleaner for $10 after using the cards.

Hubby is a Shop foreman/mechanic and we got great Craftsman tools as gifts for his workers and a cute Toy Craftsman toolbox & tools for our little grandson.