How do you carry multiple/large items?

KBsDarling

Ok I searched and didnt see this but I am sure someone will point me to a thread that I some how over looked LOL

I am wanting several "largish" items at Walmart. I go with DH and We want a "hot" item in electronisc and multiple ones in toys. We have to divid up I know this. But any tips on trying to get large items "safely" to the meeting point?? I know carts are worthless but I have no idea how i will be able to carry multiple big things. I am not looking at the hummers or jeep things. Mostly the CPK dolls, care bears and barbie. He will be after the game boy.

Hmmmm. Last year, I had a cart and the youngest did not. She ran for the harder to find items, I put the rest in, on top of, under the cart then stood with the rest by my feet until she got back with her items. We just pushed them along with our feet until someone was nice enough (a worker there) to notice. The guy laughed at us but then helped carry them to the nearest line so we could get there faster.

Goooood question. There are several large things we're wanting from WalMart ... 2 bikes, a jeep, and something I can't type because I don't want my DH to read over my shoulder because its for him. LOL! I can't even begin to fathom how I'm going to pack all this stuff through the store. :cheesy:

i think I am leaning toward the stack and scoot method.....seems only option out there since we only have 2 people going

I may get the CPK dolls first and go back for the care bears I know I am running a big risk on not getting it but....

UGH Its all so hard LMAO

I mostly shop at WM on BF and I always use a flat bed cart.lol I get one as soon as I go in and fill it up. It's the only way to go with the large items in that crowd. It's really not that hard to get around with it, and you won't have to worry about things falling off of the top of the buggy.

Well, let me tell ya what I did tonight! I went to JC Pennys. I had to take the stroller to the car and carry my 28 lb son in one arm, and carry not one but two oversized boxes in my other hand. of course my parking space was way in the back of the mall. I also had my 2 girls with me. And no one even offered to open a door for me!

Stroller - seriously. They are smaller than carts of course but handier for carrying items and you have a few spots to put stuff (in the seat, on the sun shade if it's strong enough and in the bottom basket). I only figured out the unique uses for strollers when I've been out alone having to shop with my three kids.. :P

Ok I searched and didnt see this but I am sure someone will point me to a thread that I some how over looked LOL

I am wanting several "largish" items at Walmart. I go with DH and We want a "hot" item in electronisc and multiple ones in toys. We have to divid up I know this. But any tips on trying to get large items "safely" to the meeting point?? I know carts are worthless but I have no idea how i will be able to carry multiple big things. I am not looking at the hummers or jeep things. Mostly the CPK dolls, care bears and barbie. He will be after the game boy.

I say the stack and scoot method would be best. I forgot how hard it was to maneuver w/ a cart...and since we will have several big items we will be doing this.

Last year I grabbed a cart, hid it in the clothing section and kept going back and forth to it with BF stuff, it worked but man was I tired. This year I plan on getting my duffel bags out of my closet, hide them under my coat, and fill them to the max, if the managers allows it. If not I would go back to the same idea I had last year. ;)

Well, let me tell ya what I did tonight! I went to JC Pennys. I had to take the stroller to the car and carry my 28 lb son in one arm, and carry not one but two oversized boxes in my other hand. of course my parking space was way in the back of the mall. I also had my 2 girls with me. And no one even offered to open a door for me!

You have to wonder where peoples manners are!!! My son is 10 and there are times he will hold the door forever for everyone going in or out of a store! Now that makes me VERY proud!!!:trampolin

Hubby took a day off of work so we could leave on our trip a day earlier to go scout the walmart we are planning to use LOL

I have just seen so many people get hung up with carts it worries me...Also wont it slow me down at the door? To have to stop and get one?

ETA:

I think I like the trash bag idea. I know KB hands them out....Think a call to WM is best bet? Or just use and play "dumb" if they say anything?

Hmm Where to find a large clear trash bag

Our K B Toys in the mall always gives out HUGE clear plastic bags and makes people walk thru the isles like a snake.....and you arent allowed to get out of line unless it is to LEAVE..lol. It's a big headache because it prevents you from going to other places...it takes a coupel HOURS...but its also a good idea..because you get what you want usually.

before they closed the KB down that we went to they let 10 people in at a time and when one of them checked out another was let in

The one I worked at many moons ago did the sticker arrows on the floor forcing people to do the whole loop

what i figure with the clear bag is I could probably take it in use it to get to the meeting spot of Hubby and cart and probably not even get spotted using it So i am reallytempted by this idea....Just the idea of explaining to the cop and the time wasted of getting arrestted for soplifting kinda worries me LMAO