Cool idea for your Christmas tree..

Spooot

:holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 We bought a 100 year old house in SW Louisiana last year that has 12 foot ceilings. I have 5 trees so I didn't want to go out and purchase new ones for this house and you can only imagine how silly these 7 1/2' trees looked sitting on the floor. Soooo, I had hubby build me some wooden boxes the width of the trees, then used spray glue and attached pretty Christmas fabric onto the boxes. Set the trees up on them and wallah they were the height of the 9 foot windows that are in my house. It really looks like the trees have a huge present sitting under it. The added benefit is that it keeps little ones fingers off of the ornaments and keeps the dog out of it as well.

You can make them square to look like a huge gift or you can make them round and make them look like a big drum, course that takes longer cause you have to paint.

Caution!!! Make sure that you attach the tree to something so that it doesn't topple if you have little ones.

We moved to an old victorian house with 12 ft ceilings too. I'm not sure I'd want it too far off the floor as we like seeing it in the large front window when you pull up. A thought to think about though. 3 weeks till the tree goes up!

I measured from the floor to the window sill and that's the height I made the box. Now there is full view of the tree in the window..if I'd not used the box then there would have been this dwarf tree sitting in this huge window, it looked funny to me.

:sidesplit :sidesplit :sidesplit Sorry, just had the funniest thought... what would happen if there was a power surge?!?!? I can just see ornaments and tinsel flying around my living room knocking people out!!!lol

That would be a crack-up. I can totally picture it.:runaway: My grandma hung hers from the cealing one year. I was little and thought it was awsome.