Secret Santa 2011 Official Discussion Thread

eve

I'm going to finish up my shopping hopefully this weekend & mail at the beginning of next week. Already have my ornaments picked out, just need to wrap & pack them. Cards, well, um, I have them. lol Just need to find time to sit and fill them out. Gearing up for the shopping extravaganza this week. :)

somebody's way ahead of schedule...I got my SS stuff today and accidentally peeked thinking it was something else I was waiting for. The SSS as sender should have been warning enough but NM me:P Thank you to whoever sent it. :P I will hold off opening til Christmas day.

The very last day to ship is Saturday, December 3rd - so you guys only have 1 week left to pack and ship

Darn it! I just now realized I didn't sign up this year,lol. I'll still have fun watching what everyone posts :) I wish more people would post pics of what they got, I think that makes it way more fun!

i know i want pics :) lol

k, so a question came up... kinda a shade of grey... i made a judgement call on the rules.... tell me what you think and we can put it in the rules for next year...

Can I get a clarification? I saw some books by my SS's favorite author when I was at Half Price Books earlier. While they appear to be in new condition, they are from a used book store and I cannot guarantee they are brand new. What am I allowed to do here? Thanks.

my reply went something like

honestly, i love books and couldn't care less if it is new or used, i figure i can get twice as much used lol...

it probably should be brand new like most gifts are, but as a book lover I'd assume peeps would be like me and be thrilled with new book, esp. by fav. author. as long as it is in readable condition, and you said its in like new condition- to me, like new is defently gift condition imho...

so thats it, rule

4. Please, no junk. Everything must be new and unused.

i think should be updated regarding books... what is your take?.since i know there are a lot of readers here... or we could update the "like/dislike" section and state if we are open to receiving like new books...........

personally, i know $10 can buy one new book, or 3-7 books shipped from ebay or 3 book credits from paperbackswap.com, i like to save myself money..... so if it save my santa money I'm all for that, perhaps I'd get more books :D or another something lol

Edited by eve

The very last day to ship is Saturday, December 3rd - so you guys only have 1 week left to pack and ship

i know i want pics :) lol

k, so a question came up... kinda a shade of grey... i made a judgement call on the rules.... tell me what you think and we can put it in the rules for next year...

my reply went something like

honestly, i love books and couldn't care less if it is new or used, i figure i can get twice as much used lol...

it probably should be brand new like most gifts are, but as a book lover I'd assume peeps would be like me and be thrilled with new book, esp. by fav. author. as long as it is in readable condition, and you said its in like new condition- to me, like new is defently gift condition imho...

so thats it, rule i think should be updated regarding books... what is your take?.since i know there are a lot of readers here... or we could update the "like/dislike" section and state if we are open to receiving like new books...........

personally, i know $10 can buy one new book, or 3-7 books shipped from ebay or 3 book credits from paperbackswap.com, i like to save myself money..... so if it save my santa money I'm all for that, perhaps I'd get more books :D or another something lol

I think when it comes to books, if they are in great shape and it's a favorite author or a book the person has mentioned wanting to read, I have no issue with a second-hand book. I have shopped at used book stores for myself for a long time before I got the nook.

I think when it comes to books, if they are in great shape and it's a favorite author or a book the person has mentioned wanting to read, I have no issue with a second-hand book. I have shopped at used book stores for myself for a long time before I got the nook.

Agree, so long as we keep to as new or slightly used.

Yeah for book as long as it's it Near mint, slightly used. I'd not see any problems, as long as the book is in good condition. And there again if it's an issue for the person just have them list it.

Can we add CDs to this list? I know there are a lot of out of print stuff that I'd be thrilled to get new or gently used.

as far as the book thing goes ....I love to read and have bought many books used at yard sales, flea markets , second hand stores, etc.....so as long as they are in good readable condition I wouldn't see a problem with it .....just think instead of getting on book from a book store for $7 to $? you could get several "new to you" books for that !! and I also agree with speeddiva about the cd's ...there are several new artist cd's I would like to have for my car they are expensive and I just don't buy them for myself but personally they would make a good gift for someone if they do use their car cd player !

hoping to finish up and ship by wed. !!

Why do I feel like I'm going to be last minute..? Not a good time for me to be getting sick... must go shopping and finish up tomorrow!

I know I'm going to be last minute.....Payday is Friday, can't ship what I've got til then....But I like being last minute, sometimes I find something interesting that works better!