What is your biggest BF disappointment?

titantn24

Last year, Staples advertised a 16X dual-layer dvd burner for like $39. I got there just as the doors were opening and they were still all out before I got inside. I was bummed, but I did get a document shredder for $20 with a $20 easy rebate. So it wasn't all bad.

Last year, Staples advertised a 16X dual-layer dvd burner for like $39. I got there just as the doors were opening and they were still all out before I got inside. I was bummed, but I did get a document shredder for $20 with a $20 easy rebate. So it wasn't all bad.

Other than the chopper that broke... I don't really have one. Usually get what I want. Knock on wood.

A couple years ago, I bought a BF Door Buster 27-in TV at AudioKing (I think) that only worked for one day - when I returned it the next day, of course they didn't have any left and the manager didn't think they'd get any for weeks...and he wouldn't do a substitution even though it was defective. My biggest complaint was all the work it took to get the thing in my little tiny car twice all by myself (it almost crashed to the ground when I was loading it to return.) I just took my money back and bought one the following year at Target.

My biggest BF disappointment was when the new sony ps2 came out. My husband wanted one soooooo badly and I missed getting it from sears by TWO people. I ended up having to go online and get it from ebay for $600..... yes, $600 dollars........ if you think that was crazy...... THAT was a GREAT deal, because at the time, they were selling for as high as $1000

Guest Deals4Me

Target had cheap care bears last year that were still there around 11 a.m.

Dont :crossfing to hard...these carebears that are $5 are normally $15 and come with a DVD...if you want these, you'll have to be quick...I plan to get a few, but will be there will be :cry2: for those who wait....

Two years ago (I think) Walmart had a cheap dvd/vcr combo for a doorbuster. I didn't bother going because I figured they would be gone in 5 minutes. I stopped by later that morning and decided to walk through electronics "just in case". Someone put the last one in their cart just as I got there! Now I know it never hurts to check if it's something I really want.

Two years ago (I think) Walmart had a cheap dvd/vcr combo for a doorbuster. I didn't bother going because I figured they would be gone in 5 minutes. I stopped by later that morning and decided to walk through electronics "just in case". Someone put the last one in their cart just as I got there! Now I know it never hurts to check if it's something I really want.

I bought one of those that year. Slyvania brand. The DVD player stopped working after 6 months. I was so mad. I have only been able to use my computer to watch movies since then. It was 79 dollars, but when it came down to it, it was an overpriced VCR.

My dissapointment is kinda general.

The lack of actual quality stuff. You know instead of buying a $40 brandless DVD player, I would actually prefer to buy, say, $90 Sony DVD player that regularly sells for $300.

I'm not being a snob, I'm running on a tight budget too, but like rockpazz' case which is very common I would rather pay extra than having a non functional bargain.

Hi Guys...this is my first post!!!;)

Mine was last year at Kohl's. They had the 8" portable DVD player with all accessories. I got there 1 1/2 hours before the store opened and I was 11th in line. I headed directly for them and by time I got there a guy was picking up the last 3. Most people had picked up atleast 3 because they were such a good deal! I really felt like crying:(

Last year wrestling with the Hoover I think Steam Cleaner box through the people, waiting in line, out to the truck.... only to find out when I got home waaay later that it didn't come with ANY attachments so for $99 it wasn't such a bargin! I have attachments from our old one and thought I could use them with it but it wasn't made to even take them! Oh well! Live and learn. ;)

Target had cheap care bears last year that were still there around 11 a.m.

My Target was out of them, but they had the little raincheck things already on the shelf. Unfortunately I was not able to get them before Christmas, so many people had rainchecks that they were running back out the second Target got them.

Andrea

I have terrible luck gettting a "doorbuster", even when I am there early. I distinctly remember paying $150 for a dvd player the year they first became affordable at Best Buy because they were out by the time I got in the door. The doorbuster price then was like-$99, I think.

The year the Furby's were launch and Walmart had some on BF, they had them at their own counter and had a one per person limit, and it took you 20 minutes to get one because you had to pay for there and they had to log a serial number of the Furby. GRRRrrrrrrrr.

For the Carebears, check your Walmart now, I have two(the last two that were on the shelves) on layaway there right now.

No real disappointments here, I've always gotten the items I've really wanted. And I never go for the "hot toys of the year" because 6 months later, those toys are all on the clearance shelves. And they've never been anything I've wanted to get my kids anyway.

Mine was 3 years ago at Targets. I wanted a scooter for my husband's niece, I got there the associate gave me the wrong one, when I went back to get the right one they had no more and the jerk manager wouldn't comprimise since it was an error on his associate. That was the last time I visited that particular store on BF