hidding gifts

Tracy72

can you all hide gifts right under your kids noses?I can leave them in the boxes and inthe bagsa nd the girls never offer to bother them.:giggle:

Last year they found and got out and played w/ one of their gifts. Luckily this year I have a huge closet that they never go in.

i just kind of store mine in a box in my closet, but my parents hide them randomly through out our garage. one year, after purchasing a lot of "big" presents, they took everything to my grandparents house to hide. and another year, mom was careless with where she hid things and i accidentally found about 5 of my presents. :) i still acted surprised on christmas morning though.

when i was a kid my mom would hide her stuff in my grandmothers basement. She would start early with the toys buying them a little at a time from the Sears wish book. I remember late one summer being in that basement with my father and seeing the corner of something barbie in a BIG BOX! When I went to get a better look at it my dad got me out of the basement quick!

My sister was the master at finding all of my mothers hiding places. She would come to me and tell me what she had found. My dad had some closets in the basement that were filled with tools and drill bits screws nails you name it it was in there. She was all over those closets to the point my dad had to put a padlock on them. She was sneaky though she would wait until they forgot to lock it and then she was in it again!

Coming from afamily that is constantly shopping, I mean constantly, there is usually inventory stacked in unused rooms at all time at parents house. As I am carrying on the family buying business, I deliver all items to their house. My kiddos are too you to recognize anything but toys, I hide those at home in my closet. I was able to get my sister to wrap her own gifts last year and the year before that, glad I got 'em on tape. I will try to do the same this year, just trying to figure out how to beat the laptop and cameras, I'm broke this year.

We have an extra closet in our bedroom aptly named the "Christmas Closet". I start buying on Dec. 26 so I just leave everything in the bags and put them in that closet. The kids don't know what is for who since they are all old enough for each present, so even if they do go in there, they haven't got a clue. Plus, I always purchase for extended family (in laws, my mom, sister, etc) first because they don't ever ask for anything specific. That's how I can start so early and still have a magnificent Christmas for the kids.

Guest all2tired
I used to keep them in the basement but then the kids started finding them not to mention the year the hot water heater burst and soaked all of the wrapped gifts. Since my hubby FINALLY finished putting a floor in the attic (only took 10 years) I now have the gifts up there. Kids can't reach the pull string to lower the steps