How long will you wait for store to open?

aolson

Husband thinks I am crazy because I headed to Walmart at 3 in the morning last year.

My father in law waited for hours at the mall years ago when tickle me elmo first came out to get one for my son.

Are there any all-nighters out there?

Andrea

It really depends on the BF deals and how good of a deal it is.

For instance if they have an awesome 32" LCD HDTV I'll wait 4-6 hours because I'm saving $300 on a brand new TV.

I don't know about you but waiting 4 hours to save $300 seems like a good deal to me?

I don't know about you but waiting 4 hours to save $300 seems like a good deal to me?

Well lets do the math...$300/4=$75/hr. Now I don't know alot of people that make that kind of money...and they go to work for those 4 hours anyway. So what's the difference between spending that time at work to make it or standing inline a few hours to save it? And I know you aren't guaranteed you are going to get that item...but my bet's that if you are waiting that long...it's a pretty sure thing.

Guest Deals4Me

We are actually thinking of taking the RV. And parking overnight there they will let you stay there for free.

Not all stores allow this....Bradley walmart, some people thought they were smart and did it, was funny cause police knocked on the windows told them to leave, and they made it back in time to be 50th in line.

I'll be there several hours in advance, depending on what it is I want. Actually, something I remember doing a few years ago with Walmart, go to a 24 hour walmart,they usually have the pallets there and you can go around before they open them and figure out what you're wanting, actually I think that was two years ago, and I got in and out with all of my items (my mom and friend was posted next to the pallets I wanted) in fact ppl ripped them and had already had them too, so that was another thing, but we were in line to check out 15 minutes after 6 (which was when they opened the pallets) so its always good to try that. I made out really well, got the items and didnt have to wait for very long, we just walked around and didnt have to wait out in the cold. I know I'll be waiting in line on the 21st at the best buy here for the stupid xbox 360 (*sigh* I will not be a happy camper that night) Its not like I'm saving any money on it either.

What do you mean... I'm on my laptop sitting outside of Best Buy right now waiting in line already...

kk... I'm gonna have dinner w/ fam, watch a movie at around 9 or 10, and go to Best Buy or CC after, so probably no more than 8 hours :2woot:

I remember people posting from the lines last year...lol.

Only time I went out easrly was 2 years ago when OM had a 17" (or was it 19") LCD monitor for like $170. and Best Buy had a DVD Burner for like $40. BOth were incredibly cheap at the time.

Normally I just go a week or two before and then PM the day of, or just go later and see what's left.