Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?

MarkRaby

Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah, Outnumbered, I agree... But you can buy a transfer cord & software for around $20.00 and then make your own ringtones from CDs/MP3 files you already own...

LOL...I'd still prefer my phone to sound like a phone. I guess I'm just too :grandpa: or something to be sucked in to this ringtone stuff. I'd rather have music that sounds like music and a phone that sounds like a phone.

I dunno, it can be kind of romantic or funny...

I made a ringtone of Enrique Iglesias' "Hero" to be my wife's ringtone when I called her. She found it to be "cute", but a little too much PDA...

You could set up Sammy Kershaw's "National Working Woman's Holiday" for when your work calls you...

What phone do you have?

If you have a Motorola phone (my wife has the RAZR), you need "mobile phone tools" and the correct cord which goes for around $20 on eBay. The software will even allow you to copy the photos you take with your camera onto your computer, make mp3 ringtones and crop photos to use as your phone's "wallpaper" and upload them to the phone.

This is what I bought, but not from this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5822648168

Nokia, Samsung, and the rest of the gang have their own kits.

I dunno, it can be kind of romantic or funny...

I made a ringtone of Enrique Iglesias' "Hero" to be my wife's ringtone when I called her. She found it to be "cute", but a little too much PDA...

You could set up Sammy Kershaw's "National Working Woman's Holiday" for when your work calls you...

LOL, but that song ("Hero") sucks. And my kids don't call me.

I don't know, it's just not my thing. Half the time I can't even figure out what song a ringtone is supposed to be until it's been ringing for about 10 minutes and by that time the person trying to call has given up, and everyone around the person with the phone is ready to lynch them...LOL.

I hardly ever change my ringtone,,,but sometimes get surprised because my daughter will get a hold of it (16 yo) and mess with it! I plan on getting a new cellphone that is up-to-date soon. I can't wait, I don't like the one I have because it doesn't have all things on it like the pic or much of anything else on it.

Jana -- First of all, one of my pet names for my wife is Anna Banana (her name is Ann).

Secondly... who is your carrier? There is no restriction like that with Cingular (my carrier).

My carrier is Verizon... I just downloaded a christmas one last night! Im cant wait to use it starting tomorrow :) My DD is is named Ana so we sometimes use the nickname on her as well :D

My carrier is Verizon... I just downloaded a christmas one last night! Im cant wait to use it starting tomorrow :) My DD is is named Ana so we sometimes use the nickname on her as well :D

Verizon... hmmm. I don't know, you could ask customer care. I was thinking the other day that if the ringtone cost you $1.99 and you could only use it 10 times that it would be like $.20 a call. That would be pretty awful. :mad:

I have a feeling that the ringtones are yours to keep... But they won't be transferred if you buy/get a new phone in the future.

since i refuse to pay for custom ring tones, i'll stick with whatever my phone comes with.

Yeah, the prices are insane. $1.99 for a 30-second snippet and the audio quality isn't the best... Or, $.99 for the whole song from iTunes. And then you can make your own custom ringtone...

Verizon... hmmm. I don't know, you could ask customer care. I was thinking the other day that if the ringtone cost you $1.99 and you could only use it 10 times that it would be like $.20 a call. That would be pretty awful. :mad:

I have a feeling that the ringtones are yours to keep... But they won't be transferred if you buy/get a new phone in the future.

I have Verizon and the ringtones are yours to keep. I've downloaded a couple of the real tones and you get to keep them. :gd_orange

Last year, I had the midi version of TSO's "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" (guitar-heavy "Carol of the Bells"). This year, my new cell phone plays MP3s. I purchased the MP3 ringtone last month, and think I'll set it to play starting this week.

I have Verizon as well. I bought one ringtone from them until I learned how to do it for free. Just get a data cable and download til your heart's content :D

Here are step by step instructions that work on my 6100. They can probably be modified for other Verizon phones.

• 1 month later...
I don't change mine for Christmas, but I have several special ring tones that I use. I have one for my family (Animaniacs Theme Song), one for DH's family (Fraggle Rock), one for my voice mail (Muppet Theme Song), one for my DH (Part of a song by FFH), one for my sister at work (Pinky & the Brain), and I for my friends (You've got a friend in me). I think that's all the different ones I have programmed, I know my phone has a few others, but those are the ones I use.