Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?

MarkRaby

Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever change your ringtone(s) for Christmas?

• Yes
    • No

I've got about 6 or 7 different Christmas ringtones on my cell phone. I always change all of my ringtones (i.e. different tones for different people calling me) around Thanksgiving or so to stuff like Jingle Bell Rock and Winter Wonderland. That way every time I get a call, I'm put back into (or kept in) the Christmas spirit! :g_thumble

-Mark-

I have some Disney tones I D/L. I don't think there are any Christmas ones preloaded on my phone now ( new phone this summer). Hubby pays the cell phone bill and had a cow over the charges for the ring tone so i don't know if i am gonna D/L any Christmas ones. I would like to though.

My phone sounds like a phone when it rings. That way I always know it's got to be mine ringing. :P

LOL. Good point ;). Last year, I got my parents a new landline phone (old one was an extremely basic $15 buy from a previous BF), that had a bunch of cool ringtones installed on it, and no matter how much I tried to convince them otherwise, they just went with "Ring #1", the traditional, boring, so 20th century ringer. I can't be the only person who is such a ringtone fanatic.

-Mark-

I have some Disney tones I D/L. I don't think there are any Christmas ones preloaded on my phone now ( new phone this summer). Hubby pays the cell phone bill and had a cow over the charges for the ring tone so i don't know if i am gonna D/L any Christmas ones. I would like to though.

Well, last year, with the McDonald's Monopoly game, I won about 40 free ringtones, and I won about 20-something this year. So my cell phone is kind of like a MIDI jukebox now ;). I always have something at the ready when I want to change my ringtones.

-Mark-

My phone is used as a communication device.

When someone calls, it RINGS, it doesn't recite a haiku or the newest Madonna song.

:)

Ross, you need to learn that phones are no longer just communication devices :g_laughin . On my phone, I've got an MP3 player, a video player, a ton of different applications (like a news/RSS feed receiver and a shopping list program), a bunch of games, and of course all those ringtones. It's funny how little I actually use my phone for making/taking calls in comparison to all the other things I use it for. :trampolin

-Mark-

Mark,

Did you just challenge my geek factor?

Oh no you didn't!

:runaway:

Ross, you may be geekier than me on every other aspect of life, but when it comes to cell phones, you've got nothin' on me :gd_orange . That, and the fact that I probably have more digits of Pi memorized than you do :lmao:

-Mark-

3.14 beat that!

;). Actually, in order to win a bet in 7th grade (my friends and I had a pool to see who could memorize the most digits of Pi -- yeah, I was in the popular crowd in middle school), I memorized about 75 digits. I can now only recite about 60, but it still makes a fun conversation starter.

-Mark-

i just want a phone that can make good calls wherever I am. don't care too much about ringtones.

it's good idea if you assign a ringtone to a certain number so you can either avoid or answer quickly. hovewer, I may not realize that my phone is ringing since the tone is always different.. lol.

my phone never rings :cry

seriously, I have the Nextel but it doesn't have any call-out minutes and it is only used to Direct Connect to Chris. We have the Verizon which is for family and I have Flight of the Bumblebees for Chris and Mom if they ever call. Aunt and BIL have their own rings as well but they never call so.....

Chris set his Nextel to have my ring-tone (Ramba or Samba or something liek that) for whenever the housephone calls his Nextel, that way he KNOWS without a doubt that it is me and not anyone else.

I can't be the only person who is such a ringtone fanatic. -Mark-

I dunno. I bought my wife the RAZR and I bought Mobile Phone Tools off of eBay. Made up a few ringtones and added them to her phone. Even had a lil' romantic one for when I call...

She had me set it all back to the silly "Cingular" ringtone.

No, when the phone I want is released (SE w600i)... Then everone will have a different ring! :g_laughin

Guest DigDoug
Nope, not really. I'll add some ringtones as soon as I can hack my phone to do it. I'm not paying $3.99 for a new ringtone or whatever it costs.

Nope, not really. I'll add some ringtones as soon as I can hack my phone to do it. I'm not paying $3.99 for a new ringtone or whatever it costs.

Keith--it's $1.99 each with most services I think. In the long run, it's cheaper to buy the transfer kit, make them yourself, and upload them to your phone.