Have you ever been First in line?

mrsbmb

I was 2nd in line at the Kmart up the road from my house last year. I have no clue what time I left to go up there, though. There were a few cars of people staying warm that were in the parking lot and one woman already in line and when I got in line after her the others started spilling out.

~H~

I've done that before. You pray no one comes so early so you can stay in the warm vehicle. Nothings worse than being parked for awhile and technically you are first, but another car comes and they barrel out. LOL, this happens all the time around here. Thats how I got to be first at KB toys. I pulled up at 2am and 2 cars were already there. I want to be first so I jumped out and I was almost in line when the other cars piled out. I sorta forced everyone out in the cold!

Two years ago I was first in @ OfficeMax. Last year there were a ton more people @ Officemax. I think the word got out -- "Best Buy & Circuit City get crowded, buy your electronics at the lesser traveled stores" (OfficeMax had deals on 20" TV/DVD/VCR combos and computer stuff). LOL!

I have been first in line at Hasting's Books, Music, and Video every year. They open here at 8am and it's right next door to Radio Shack. I leave WalMart by 6:15 usually, out of Radio Shack by 7:00 and in line next door. One year we saw some people about to get in line so my mom got in line first and waited while I got our stuff at Radio Shack.

I've always gone to JC Penny first, through the mall entrance, and there is never an organized line. It's just usually a relatively small group of people waiting outside who storm in once they open the doors. But I was the 2nd person to be there last year.

-Mark-

We always hit walmart first, but my local store lets everyone in and puts police tape up across the registers, blocking entrance beyond that point.

That way EVERYONE gets in (crowded, but in) so there really is no 'first'.

More of a huge mass of flesh just waiting to explode all in the same direction.:D