What do you do when the shopping is done?

brynnfromtheblock

I usually come home wired after Black Friday...I typically finish whatever decorating needs to be done and then I may watch a few Christmas movies and wrap some gifts. I love Christmas.

Same here! I put some Harry Connick, Jr. or other jazzy Christmas CD on and start wrapping gifts (Cailyn's and Rod's go into the closet until I can get them out of the house). :holiday04 Then, I put up my Christmas village and other decorations throughout the house. Cailyn and I usually watch some Christmas movies mid-afternoon while my husband is out deer hunting. When he gets back, we put up the tree and then drive around looking at Christmas lights. :holiday05

I try to just sleep in a little later on Saturday/Sunday mornings to get myself back on track, but with a 4-yr old, that doesn't always happen. :runaway:

Spend the morning shopping and hopefully finding all the great BF items that are on my list...grab a bite to eat at Red Lobster or a good steak house, drink a few beers...create my "plan of attack" for the afternoon shopping...grab a snack at the mall...call DH and tell him I'll be home in an hour (and it usually is 3 hours later by the time I pull in the driveway)...unload the Jeep...grab a quick bite of supper...shower...and head off to our neighbor's annual Drunk Fest/Thanksgiving party :wizard::cheese::banana01::gd_devild:burp: :smiley-po Thank goodness I get a 4-day weekend at Thanksgiving to recooperate from BF, the parties, the food, and have Saturday and Sunday to throw Christmas up at my house.

We plan on staying out all day shopping. :runaway: Everything is a 30 minute to two hour drive from here, so we'll be running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I'm a ball of energy though, so once we get home I'll probably drag out the Christmas Tree and get it decorated.