What's Your Worst/Funniest BF story?

Novac

I remember all the Cabbage Patch Kids trampling stories from back in the day.

What are your worst or funniest BF experiences? What's the longest you waited to not get an item? What's the worst behavior you have seen during the rush? What's the worst you have seen as far as the item being more expensive than advertised, or an incorrect rebate posting? Ever been detained by police/security because of the BF rush?

Luckily, my BFs have been relatively boring :woot2:, with mostly just standing in line. But I know some of you out there are real BF freaks, and I know you have stories! :gd_pineap

My funniest experience was the first BF I went to. It was Macys. I was at the door at 1:30 in the morning, the first person there. It was about 20 degrees and snow and ice. The best part was the entrance it was the lawn and garden(my macys has a lawn and garden don't ask why) and it was me and this family of 4. at 5 when the doors opened we went in but the the son of the family had fallen asleep and they went inside without him. The worst advertised price was for $20 for Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts (normally $65), so when I got there i just stared grabbing no matter the size or color I was going to sort through it afterward. so after i sorted it i picked the sizes and colors I needed and wen to stand in line. After standing in line for 3.5 hrs. I check out and I had 7 polos it should have come up to $140 but it came up to $455 so i said it was advertised for 20 and they check the add and there are no exclusions. So they called a manager and they said it was for the bright pink ones not any others. did i mention that a pink polo wasn't pictured in the ad. So i raised hell making stuff on the spot like thats false advertising thats against the law and crap so they got scared and overrided the system and gave them to me for 140. I gave her 2 $100 dollar bills expecting 60 back she gave me 80 back so i just got my bag and headed for the exit.

Thats my story kinda long sorry. Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!

Guest all2tired
6 years ago, my dh worked on BF so I had to bring the kids. My dd was 8 months and my son was 2 so they didn't know what was going on. Anyway, I went to KB toys and this place was so packed you couldn't move. I honestly was only 2 feet inside the store and couldn't get any further. So I just yelled, anybody see the Dr kit? Anybody see whatever doll? I just kept shouting out my list. Next thing I knew, every single item I yelled out was being passed back to me. Then slowly but surely I was able to inch my was to the register.

My funniest experience was the first BF I went to. It was Macys. I was at the door at 1:30 in the morning, the first person there. It was about 20 degrees and snow and ice. The best part was the entrance it was the lawn and garden(my macys has a lawn and garden don't ask why) and it was me and this family of 4. at 5 when the doors opened we went in but the the son of the family had fallen asleep and they went inside without him. The worst advertised price was for $20 for Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts (normally $65), so when I got there i just stared grabbing no matter the size or color I was going to sort through it afterward. so after i sorted it i picked the sizes and colors I needed and wen to stand in line. After standing in line for 3.5 hrs. I check out and I had 7 polos it should have come up to $140 but it came up to $455 so i said it was advertised for 20 and they check the add and there are no exclusions. So they called a manager and they said it was for the bright pink ones not any others. did i mention that a pink polo wasn't pictured in the ad. So i raised hell making stuff on the spot like thats false advertising thats against the law and crap so they got scared and overrided the system and gave them to me for 140. I gave her 2 $100 dollar bills expecting 60 back she gave me 80 back so i just got my bag and headed for the exit.

Thats my story kinda long sorry. Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!

I worked retail for years at several different stores and let me tell you...the next time you have something like that happen just ask for the district managers name and number. They'll jump real fast then b/c 99% of DMs motto is the customer is always right (b/c they feel if they make you happy once you'll come back again). And they will often fuss at the manager or employee for something like that.

my story is that best buy had RCA 27 inch TV's for $150.00 AR. They were all sold when i realized that the deal in going on (i wasnt there for the TV's). But that not the funny part, i found one TV on a Cart that BB folks had put out. I asked the guy there if i can have it he said just stay here for a while and see if anyone comes to get it. 1.5 hours later i am still there and he comes back telling me i can go and take it. then i had to wait in line for another 2.5 hours. SO I SPENT 4 hours for 1 TV.

I got my first computer in 1995 at Walmart. I didn't have any major credit cards at the time let alone a Walmart card or a checking account. But Walmart had a 'puter in the ad that I wanted. I went there at 4am and waited until they opened at 6 then made a beeline for the pallet. Computers were leaving the stack at a rate like they were made of styrofoam. I wanted one but had to go call my mother & wake her up so she could help me put it in lay-away until the bank opened later that day and I could get the money out of my savings. I raced home, got her & headed back ASAP. I was surprised they had any left but grabbed one and headed back to layaway. When we finally made it to the counter my mother gave me enough to put it in there and I told them, I'll be back later today to get it. They gave me a funny look but said OK. As soon as the bank opened we went over there & I got the money out & went back over to Walmart, paid for the 'puter & took it home. The same woman was at the counter from before and she gave me the weirdest look when she saw me. LOL

We always have a good time on BF. We get into the holiday spirit, help out a fellow shopper, and laugh at the A-holes that also venture out that day! LOL

One of the CRAZIEST things I saw, was some IDIOT lifting a cart in walmart, UP OVER HIS HEAD...ABOVE a jammed packed electronics department trying to get through. PEOPLE were FREAKING On him! LOL As they should be...he could have killed someone if it had fallen!

Oh, I have to add one of the worst STARTS I have ever had to Black Friday. My sil came to pick me up at 4am, and As I get ready to leave, I realize, I cannot find my wallet! No cash, no cc's, no license! I was FREAKING out trying to find it!

So I wake DH up...and he helps me look. All i can think of is "OMG, i cannot believe I am not going to be able to go BF shopping!" lol

So in a matter of minutes, he goes out to the car..in the pitch black..and somehow finds my WALLET, laying outside the passenger side door!

To this day, I cannot believe he found it..and so fast!

The day was saved! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Mine happend on BF but wasn't realated to BF. I had just got done shopping when I got home at around 7:30-8 AM. My dad and I met my dad's friend (and longtime family friend). Anyway, they talked for about an hour. I went inside to set up the DVD/VCR that I bought. Anyway, later that day the friend my dad talked to died of what I think was a heart attack. It was only 4 hours after we talked to him. I felt bad because I kinda brushed him off that morning, and didn't say goodbye to him.

Thanksgiving weekend has never been good to me anyway, 6 years ago, my grandpa died on Thanksgiving, it was my Senior year of H.S. then 3 years ago our close family friend dies on BF. A really sucky weekend, I guess thats why I shop BF to get my mind off of that stuff.

The one Black Friday I will never forget is the time I stood in line waiting for Herberger's to open. That year they was giving out this nice platter/mug set. I wanted one really bad. I was half way thru the line I believe. The doors finally opened & people went crazy grabbing the bags. I tried to get thru but it looked like I was gonna miss out. I noticed that they had some of the bags of the free gift under the table. I made my way thru, crawled under the table & grabbed one. LOL I figured while I was under there I would grab another one for my trouble. I got out from under the table & right beside it was this display of xmas stuffed animals. I knocked a few of those over & almost bumped into someone trying to get out the door. I made it out tho with 2 free gifts. LOL When I told the story to my mom & family they just looked at me & couldnt believe what I had done. I dont think I will do that again. LOL

mine wasnt too bad but... i got there late..4:30 and there were no carriages in site. then i saw them way over by the garden shop.. so i walk over there not to mention i was in line 3-4 stores away..totally in the other parking lot.. when i finally get over there the kid/walmart carriage cop says"no you have to get one on the side of the building" I was so ticked off he couldnt just give me one.... thats the extent.. havent had any reall juicy things happen yet. kathy

The only thing that keeps popping in my head was the person in the wheelchair we all let them cut in line to get out of the freezing rain only to have them JUMP up outta that chair and run into the store! We were floored! I heard one person yell sarcastically "It's a Miracle"!!!!

The year Tickle Me Elmo was big I mentioned to my MIL that I thought it would be a cute gift for our 2 year old, until I realized how crazy people were over it. She lived in a small town, and sometimes things pop up there, so I asked her to pick one up if she happened to see one. I told her not to go to any trouble for it though, it was no big deal. My MIL was absolutely not a shopper, but she heard that they were going to have a few of those Tickle Me Elmos at Walmart on Black Friday. She stood in line for an hour before the store opened, and they gave out tickets. She was 13 of 15. She had difficulty walking, particularly after standing in the cold like that, but she took her ticket and headed towards the back of the store to pick up Tickle Me Elmo. It took her quite a while, she told me they kept announcing "#13 you need to get back here or we'll give it to the next customer!!". She just kept limping back yelling "I'm coming! I'm coming!". She got that Tickle Me Elmo. I felt bad that she went to so much trouble. I wouldn't have wanted her to stand out in the cold like that. My MIL is gone now, and I still miss her. She was truly one of the most wonderful people I ever knew.

This was so far my happiest BF moment....Two years ago the KB in my area opened at 5 and they had sales that I needed so being new to the BF thing I got there at 5 and ended up in the slow moving line through the store for two hours and missed the Walmart open at 6am so by the time I got there after 7am most of the things I wanted were gone...So last year My friend had to go to BonTon which is at the mall the KB is at and they opened at 5am as well...the Kb is in the middle of the mall and doesnt have a direct entrance so since Bon Ton does I stood in that line with my friend and when they opened I ran through that store with ease and was able to get into the mall and be the first one in line for KB since the guards didnt open the mall entrances yet..I was in and out of KB in ten minutes and on my way to Wally World with plenty of time to spare!!

The only thing that keeps popping in my head was the person in the wheelchair we all let them cut in line to get out of the freezing rain only to have them JUMP up outta that chair and run into the store! We were floored! I heard one person yell sarcastically "It's a Miracle"!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! That is too funny!!

I've seen stuff snatched from children's hands, old ladies cart, and all out fist fights ove dvd players...it brings out the worst in some people.

The Wally World DVD Black Friday was my first experience. I was shocked..funny thing is I have been hooked ever since:2wiggle:

The year Tickle Me Elmo was big I mentioned to my MIL that I thought it would be a cute gift for our 2 year old, until I realized how crazy people were over it. She lived in a small town, and sometimes things pop up there, so I asked her to pick one up if she happened to see one. I told her not to go to any trouble for it though, it was no big deal. My MIL was absolutely not a shopper, but she heard that they were going to have a few of those Tickle Me Elmos at Walmart on Black Friday. She stood in line for an hour before the store opened, and they gave out tickets. She was 13 of 15. She had difficulty walking, particularly after standing in the cold like that, but she took her ticket and headed towards the back of the store to pick up Tickle Me Elmo. It took her quite a while, she told me they kept announcing "#13 you need to get back here or we'll give it to the next customer!!". She just kept limping back yelling "I'm coming! I'm coming!". She got that Tickle Me Elmo. I felt bad that she went to so much trouble. I wouldn't have wanted her to stand out in the cold like that. My MIL is gone now, and I still miss her. She was truly one of the most wonderful people I ever knew.

Awww, this is just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard :)

I bought a cheap DVD/VCR player at Best Buy that was supposed to be $49 after rebate. I stood in a line for the player, then stood in a line for checkout for 45 minutes. Then I had to argue about the price. Then the cashier didn't give me the rebate receipts and they made me stand in line again instead of just having the cashier fix his mistake. Then the rebate form was mailed back to me stating that I was missing the receipt. I re-mailed it again with all the receipts attached, including the original sales receipt which was already attached to their form letter. I finally get a reply the following March that I never sent them a receipt so they denied my request. By the way, the form letter still had all the rebate receipts and original receipt stapled to it. Jerks!

Hmm . . . "I got the toaster for $5, but the dental work I needed after the fight cost me $200." :cheesy:

omg that's just crazy

i don't have any worst/ or funny stories, just memories of people taking movies/ things out of my hand

I still cannot get over what some people did to get these. I mean some spent hundreds of dollars even over 1,000 to get one. What makes me laugh a bit is alot of the people who bought these for there kids, after a bit the kids lots interest. I can think of better way to spend this kind of money then a Elmo doll.

I remember all the Cabbage Patch Kids trampling stories from back in the day.

What are your worst or funniest BF experiences? What's the longest you waited to not get an item? What's the worst behavior you have seen during the rush? What's the worst you have seen as far as the item being more expensive than advertised, or an incorrect rebate posting? Ever been detained by police/security because of the BF rush?

Luckily, my BFs have been relatively boring :woot2:, with mostly just standing in line. But I know some of you out there are real BF freaks, and I know you have stories! :gd_pineap

One year I was first in line at Toys R Us. It was totally by accident, I thought the store opened earlier than it actually did! The news came and interviewed me, which I thought was really cool. The line grew longer and longer. Five minutes before the doors opened, some guy came right up to the front of the line and hung out smoking. The other women in line asked him repeatedly if he was going to try and cut out all the other people in line. He insisted he was not, he was just having a smoke. Well, the second the doors opened, he pushed right through us and ran in the store! I thought those other women were going to murder him! I know I was peeved, just because he cheated out a hundred other people who followed the rules and waited for two hours. If everyone acted like him, every store would be a dangerous riot. Of course, no one did anything about it, but he was darn lucky that we at least had more manners and self-control than he did!

Now you have to admit.. .That is funny!!! :D

Of course it's always funny after the fact. :tongue1: