Scene It Game

elena_398

Since reading this post I have seen it advertised on TV and in the stores even though I never noticed it in the stores. I am predicting this game is going to be a hot seller this year. Now I am rethinking about buying the Harry Potter or buying another one for all of us to have to play for family night. We usually play some kind of game together in the winter one night a week.

We have Disney Scene It and Scene It JR - we love them both! It is a board game with lots of trivia. It comes with a DVD that you pop in and you will watch scenes from movies and stuff and have to answer a question. This is a really fun game and I am looking at getting a couple of the expander packs this year.

I have the original Scene It!, and as boudme said, it's a board game with a DVD that contains the majority of the trivia. (Things such as watching a video clip and remembering something from it, "invisibles" where the people are cut out and you have to guess what it is, mosaic images that slowly piece together and you need to guess, etc. I'm sure this is similar in the Disney version). There is also a deck of cards with trivia. You can play the game entirely (with the board), or you can just play a quick round with the DVD or trivia cards.

There have also been expansion packs released for it over the past year or two, as boudme mentionted.

BTW: My boyfriend bought the game for us at CompUSA about two years ago now, so you should be able to find it there if all else fails.

Anyone receive their Scene It! package from doing the Revlon Red Carpet Gift Offer deal (which ended 9/30/05). Mine came today, and it looks pretty nice! Will make a nice Christmas gift, and I loved being able to double-dip to get it by doing the CVS Revlon ECB deal! :gd_pineap

Does anyone have the TV Edition? That's the one I'm interested in, but after reading a few reviews at amazon, I'm not sure the whole family could play it. 2 of the people said it would have to be for older people because most of the questions are from shows in the 70's & 80's. Any thoughts?

I saw about (20) Scene It games, of both regular edition and the Disney edition each, on the top shelves at Target this morning. I would say that was more than just normal stocking. Could Target be getting ready for BF?

I've been wanting to buy Scene It, maybe it will be in Target's BF ad? :)

We have the Scene It tv ed. and the Jr. edition. My son played the TV version with us but would get upset because he could not answere any of the questions. After we bought the scene it JR, OMG he knows more than we do and we just love playing the game. Definately should be on anyone's Christmas list if you like to play family fun games

I'm planning on buying the Harry Potter edition for my 10 year old since he is a Harry Potter freak. Read all the books (the latest one he read in 6 days!) and owns the movies and watches them frequently. Guess I should hit Walmart tomorrow and see how much it is there. Wonder if it'd be good for my 8 year old nephew since he's seen/owns all the HP movies too.

Does anyone have the TV Edition? That's the one I'm interested in, but after reading a few reviews at amazon, I'm not sure the whole family could play it. 2 of the people said it would have to be for older people because most of the questions are from shows in the 70's & 80's. Any thoughts?

I own the TV Edition of Scene It and while it does have questions about current shows (such as Alias and Sopranos), it also has a lot of question from the 70s-80s-90s. You have to really be up on your TV trivia in order to do well in this game. My DH and I are trivia buffs and absolutely love all the Scene Its including the TV Edition, but we have two friends our age that don't really know anything about TV trivia and can only answer maybe 20 percent of the trivia. Unless your children watch quite a bit of Nick at Nite or TVLand, I wouldn't think this would be a good game for them.

Does anyone have any predictions on how low of a price we will get on this game this year?

I think the lowest it went last year was $24. Just in case, I picked up the Harry Potter one at Toys R Us this week for $29.99 minus the $5 off $25 coupon.

Will someone beat $25??????? I hope so......

I was in my Target today and I also saw about 50 each - Disney and Regular Scene It - atop the games section. I'm looking for a thread to post the rest of the stuff I saw on top of the risers at Target today. There was a ton of each item I will post.

~H~

I saw about (20) Scene It games, of both regular edition and the Disney edition each, on the top shelves at Target this morning. I would say that was more than just normal stocking. Could Target be getting ready for BF?

I've been wanting to buy Scene It, maybe it will be in Target's BF ad? :)

We LOVE Scene It here!!

We have

Harry Potter

Original

Disney

Tv Edition

Want to get

Sports ( well I want it anyway - wife doesnt ;) )

007 expansion

The Music one I saw out - maybe - will have to check up on this first

Would like to see

Lord of the Rings Expansion

Star Wars Expansion

Hellraiser Expansion

Friday the 13th Expansion

Halloween Expansion

Stargate SG-1 expansion

They have TONS of options left to them!! There are even shows like Seinfeld, Friends, etc that would make for good ones ( not for me, but others liked them!! )

BUY IT...:)

Too bad I dont own stock!

Mike

Guest all2tired
I played the demo for each version at the sceneit.com website. Really enjoyed all of them but I think I'd have to get the jr for my kids to have a fair chance at winning. I want HP, Disney and TV though

We bought both the Scene it DVD and the Shout about the Movies last year to play at Christmas - everyone liked the Shout games alot better than the scene it ones. (and they are a bit cheaper ;) Amazon has them for 18.99

I picked up the newer version for us to play this Christmas... so I won't be able to comment on them yet, but I know I can't wait!

---- leah - newly addicted to this site