Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I went on today and bought one at a time, total $1.61 each, I live in NJ. I just placed on coupon on each 12 pkg and said I was paying for them separate. Cashier acted annoyed but did it with no questions.

Well. That beats the system. :cheesy:

Also, I am thinking now on come back 4 times and get one at a time.

Today I picked up a couple of Samsung USB Drive/MP3 players (1 GB) each 39.98. Original price: 79.99!! I'm tickled pink because now I can sleep in BF instead of spending the night outside BB for the Sandisk mp3! Will have a very happy sister and BIL!! Just wish they would have had one more for me!

Wow, lucky duck! Great deal! :eyepoppin Where were they stashed? I'm desperately looking for one..

I picked up a couple of games for a gift the other day and also got the Cat in the Hat toothpaste that qualifies for a free Dr. Seuss book. I wasn't thinking and got them all on one receipt. We went to the party Sunday and gave the gift. I went in today and they graciously did a return and then a repurchase so I could have separate receipts for my rebates.

I also got Monopoly here & now for 10.09, a Cranium zoo game for 11.xx, a Cranium silly hat thing for 6.xx and 4 Diet Cokes for 6. No problems with coupons here!! I actually had trouble putting something full price in my cart but I need another bday gift!!!

Wow, lucky duck! Great deal! :eyepoppin Where were they stashed? I'm desperately looking for one..

Back in electronics on the endcap. They were locked, though. I pushed one of those assistance buttons and held on to those bad boys while waiting for an associate. I was ready to beat down anyone that came near me, LOL!

That won't be true, because you will be allowed to use only one coupon. So, it will

be 4/$9... making them $2.25 a 12 pack. Still, a good deal

That's the way my Target is, unless you get a young guy that just wants to get everyone through the line as quick as possible. So I keep extra coupons just in case, and scan the checkout clerks...:yup:

That's the way my Target is, unless you get a young guy that just wants to get everyone through the line as quick as possible. So I keep extra coupons just in case, and scan the checkout clerks...:yup:

The coupon clearly states one per item .. not per transaction .. so they are suppose to let you use as many coupons as you want.

Re: Gator Pam, What is the concept of "Parimeter Perusing" at Target? You're providing a great service,thankx? C.:)

Perimeter perusing-Target generally puts their clearance items on endcaps, hence the term "perimeter perusing" because you can walk around the perimeter of the store, and find the clearance items. And target does their clearance for all stores. If one store has an item on clearance, most of the time, so do all the other Targets(unlike stores like Walmart or Kmart)

Target also follows a set schedule with their clearance.

Today I picked up a couple of Samsung USB Drive/MP3 players (1 GB) each 39.98. Original price: 79.99!! I'm tickled pink because now I can sleep in BF instead of spending the night outside BB for the Sandisk mp3! Will have a very happy sister and BIL!! Just wish they would have had one more for me!

Is it this one? http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1163604156/ref=sr_1_2/601-8475492-6736104?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ET9ZGC

So I know what to look for when I go. Thanks

Just went to Target and bought 2 girls Sweet Suite sleepover bags, regularly 19.99 on clearance for 4.99. I also bought 2 Sweet Suite Air beds with pump included for $4.99, regularly 19.99. I had already bought 2 sleeping bags that were going to be in the Target BF ad for $6.00 each, however, I am returning those because their current clearance items rocked!! :cheesy:

Sweet - 2 airbeds and 2 sleeping bags for $20.00 (before tax)

Hi, all! I have a question....

We just got a new Target about 45 minutes from here (closest one to me!) that opened at the beginning of October. How long do you think it will take for the merchandise that ends up on clearance to "catch up" with this thread? For instance, a lot of the deals in this thread haven't applied to this Target yet, because it wasn't open when that merchandise was first put out.

Is this making any sense to anybody? I know what I mean, but I feel like I'm having trouble putting it into words. :gd_stars:

I used the diet coke coupons at lunch today. Cashier said she had never seen them before, but notes on the bottom say print out the coupons and take to Target or SuperTarget. My very helpful cashier said that they will take the SuperTarget coupons for any item they have in stock. She also said she would have to find those coupons 'cause it is a really good deal!

We've had many new stores open over the past 3 years here in Kansas City. It's been my experience that those stores not only offer clearance deals BEFORE most of the other stores but also more frequently AND they mark down quicker too. For instance, it's not uncommon for the new stores to go straight to 50% off rather than to follow the 15%, 30%, etc. timeline that the older stores do. When we had our newest store open here in early Oct. one of the guys that worked there said, "We'll be the clearance store around here for awhile-- at least the first year." If you have a new store close to you, my advice is to visit frequently and EARLY. It seems like the newer store markdown teams get out right away in the morning for the markdowns whereas some of the older stores sometimes can take their time ... at least that is been my experience with the new stores that have opened around here. It's not always the case, but I have better luck with new stores when I go early in the morning. With the older stores I have better luck when I go more mid morning to early afternoon.