Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I just dropped in to whine again, no earth shattering specials in Jacksonville Florida Target. I did get one of those hand baskets full of 25 cent stuff to pass out on halloween instead of candy. This dry spell has been going on for way too long now. You guys have all the fun!

Hey, I dont knwo what you are looking for but the Wells Rd store seems to have more than, NAS and Fleming Island Target ever does. However I will say that Fleming Island seemsto have DIFFERENT stuff on sale than most of the other stores. I guess because there is a smaller group of people and a wealthier group of people that shop that store.

I don't think this has been posted in here yet. My mom and I were at Target on Saturday, and she's been keeping an eye on the price of the Amana stainless steel grille they have there. It was originally $399.99. When we went, the boxes were marked around $280. When it rang up, it rang at $199.99, so it was half off! So a heads up to anyone else who may have had their eye on it as well.

thanks my son needs another back pack his broke already.... it's only the 3rd week of school

Did you buy the camo one on wheels? That's the one my son got, and his zipper is broken already. Of course, that's the one recent Target receipt I can't find. So he's just using an older one for now.

thanks my son needs another back pack his broke already.... it's only the 3rd week of school

My son went thru 3 backpacks and my daughter 2 last year. Her Disney store one lasted barely 2 months and they said that they will only return it if it was under 30 days. Shouldn't a backpack be made to last more than 2 months!!!

Did you buy the camo one on wheels? That's the one my son got, and his zipper is broken already. Of course, that's the one recent Target receipt I can't find. So he's just using an older one for now.

Did you pay with credit/debit card or a check, if so they can look up the sale for you at the customer service desk. Just not if you paid with cash.

That's why I bought my kids nicer - sturdier backpacks on clearance last winter from Kohls for this school year. Someone told me that her son had had an Ianisport or maybe Jansport (sp?) backpack for 5 years and the zipper broke and they replaced it free of charge! (See that Disney store!) She said that it was expensive though, but obviously worth it.

BACKPACKS:D

Just FYI, the LL Bean Backpacks last forever. I think they are around

$25-40 but they are so rugged and durable. Plus all LL Bean products are

guaranteed for life for full replacement, my 19 yo DS has the same one

since 3rd grade, he is a freshman in college now and the thing still looks

great, the zippers are fine and there are no holes even,

I know this is a Target thread, but speaking of backpacks... Yes, the LL Bean ones are awesome and they will replace them if anything breaks. Even if you've written all over it. I ordered mine last year at the end of the school year and got a great deal and they are using them this year as well and still look brand new. I think I paid $18 each for them. Less than 1/2 price!! Definitely worth that.

That's why I bought my kids nicer - sturdier backpacks on clearance last winter from Kohls for this school year. Someone told me that her son had had an Ianisport or maybe Jansport (sp?) backpack for 5 years and the zipper broke and they replaced it free of charge! (See that Disney store!) She said that it was expensive though, but obviously worth it.

They're Jansport, and they hold up well. Pretty much everyone had them when I was in middle/high school.

I was in Target in central Fl this morning and they were busy marking the school stuff down to 50% and some to 75%. It can be confusing because not everything was being marked down, for instance, the crayola marker set stayed at 30% while the roseart was marked to 50%. I still managed to find stuff that I could use.

They're Jansport, and they hold up well. Pretty much everyone had them when I was in middle/high school.

Yep I was one the of the people who had one, and I still have it! The suede on the bottom is still in good condition and the zippers work great! No fading either. And I have been out of school for 12 years

Regarding backpacks - I'm in college now and I use a Jansport that I also used on vacations/trips too! I got it about 6 years ago and it's still holding up! The backpacks with the leather/suede on the bottoms were TERRIBLE for me (regardless of brand) because my heavy sharp-cornered textbooks would rub holes into the bottom (as well as sharp mechanical pencils and other school supplies). I would NOT rec the leather-bottomed backpack!

As for target - school supplies and dorm stuff were 50% off today :yup:

I happened to go in to Target this morning and they were marking down the school stuff. I thought I would glance at somethings and noticed that ours went from 30% off straight to 75% off. :confused: Not complaning though I am set for next year now. :yup:

Wow - lucky you! Mine was down to 50% at Jonesboro,AR. I still ended up getting a few more packages of markers, crayons,etc. Our house can never have enough of those.

Also, they've marked the Senseo Mild Roast pods to 50% off, making them $1.98 (there's been a few $1/2 coupons floating around for awhile, so it's a good time to use them)

My target had lots of boxed craft sets for 75% off last night. Also got a set up Stainless steel utinsels 45 piece set for 75% off down from $70.00 to $17.00. Some of the craft sets didn't show up in the system and my cashier shrugged her shoulders and threw them in the bag free.:)

I think that they will lower it more than 30% soon as they probably need the isles to put out more Halloween stuff. I aslo saw today 4-pack boxes of Puffs tissues for $3-something, good if you also had a coupon for it (of course I only had coupons for the Kleenex brand which were not on clearance).

Went there last night. Ours is still 30% off off school supplies and lawn and garden items. I got a better deal on the same school supply items back in August.

They did have packs of 10 single subject(wide and college rule) notebooks for only 50 cents each!

Our school supplies are still 30% off also and what is left is not anything I would want.

I did find that their wall art is 50% off. I bought a metal sculpture for the wall for 50% off. It caught my eye when it first came out and I was pleasantly surprised to find it at 50 already.