Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I used the diet coke coupons at lunch today. Cashier said she had never seen them before, but notes on the bottom say print out the coupons and take to Target or SuperTarget. My very helpful cashier said that they will take the SuperTarget coupons for any item they have in stock. She also said she would have to find those coupons 'cause it is a really good deal!

I just had a Target open here and they do not have many of the clearance items. They have none of the seasonal items, ie: Eddie Bauer horseshoe or croquette sets. However, they did have some toy items and also had "new store opening" deals. One was for scooter priced at 21 with toy book coupons they came to 16. It is always worth a look around.

Is your name Pape? That was my maiden name, not too many of us around!!

Be careful with the Samsung Mp3 player. I bought a YP-F1 in July(also on clearance) and it recently quit working. It will say fully charged when connected to the computer, but won't turn on. From everything I've read, it's the battery(and that was after hitting the reset button, reformatting the player, and updating the firmware)

We've had many new stores open over the past 3 years here in Kansas City. It's been my experience that those stores not only offer clearance deals BEFORE most of the other stores but also more frequently AND they mark down quicker too. For instance, it's not uncommon for the new stores to go straight to 50% off rather than to follow the 15%, 30%, etc. timeline that the older stores do. When we had our newest store open here in early Oct. one of the guys that worked there said, "We'll be the clearance store around here for awhile-- at least the first year." If you have a new store close to you, my advice is to visit frequently and EARLY. It seems like the newer store markdown teams get out right away in the morning for the markdowns whereas some of the older stores sometimes can take their time ... at least that is been my experience with the new stores that have opened around here. It's not always the case, but I have better luck with new stores when I go early in the morning. With the older stores I have better luck when I go more mid morning to early afternoon.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like I need to get over there and start "perimeter perusing" NOW!!:gdcar:

thank you, everyone for all of the advice. I tried this today!!!! i found folding camping chairs for 2.98 ( i got 2) and fisher price baby toys marked from 20 to 13, so i got 2 of them for x-mas gifts!!!!

thanks

Would you happen to know the DPCI from the folding camping chairs?

Michelle

I recently got a Diet Coke coupon good for $1 off a 12 pack that printed on the cash register receipt. I combined it with the internet coupon (also good for $1 off a 12 pack). Our stores never give me a bad time about coupons. My total for a 12 pack-- 50 cents! So far I've only got 2 coupons off the receipt, but two 12 packs for a buck isn't bad.

My thought exactly. However, with the last "Pepsi deal" the clerk brought the MANAGER over and she disallowed more than one coupon per transaction. :mad:

I would have asked the manager to contact corporate because I'm pretty sure their coupon rules is 1 per item.

If anyone is looking for the 'Monopoly Here and Now' version (the latest reincarnation) my local Target has it price cut to $15.09 (to match Walmart's $15 price) so check your local store. And with the $5 off coupon from the toy book (that expires 11/22/06), that would make it $10. So, check your local Target. Maybe yours will have it at a Temporary price reduction also.

If anyone is looking for the 'Monopoly Here and Now' version (the latest reincarnation) my local Target has it price cut to $15.09 (to match Walmart's $15 price) so check your local store. And with the $5 off coupon from the toy book (that expires 11/22/06), that would make it $10. So, check your local Target. Maybe yours will have it at a Temporary price reduction also.

My dd was eyeing that up but I didn't even think about price checking it. Thanks.

And don't forget about the rebate on Monopoly from Hasbro .. the form is in the offline deals section. The rebate is for $3.00.

Is your name Pape? That was my maiden name, not too many of us around!!

Yes, my name is Pape (pronounced with the accent on the second sylablul (spelling not my strong suit). Came with the husband, so I don't know much about the family, but they are from Seguin TX

Guest TammyNJ
Ok I am new, Can someone please explain this target shopping thing to me. I understand that I am to walk the outter walls and the end capps looking for bargins and clearance but ya know I have done that twice now and both times left empty handed. Is there something more to this Perimeter shopping that I am just not getting?

I did my black friday toy shopping today at target. I will go on BF in the afternoon to get everything price matched just like I did last year.

FYI- I found the Magic glow Doodle Bear in the overhead in the toy dept. They were not on the shelf but happy to get some down for me. They rang up the BF price of $7.00 already. Quite a find since they are Quantity Limited and no rain check item. YMMV Good luck!

I did my black friday toy shopping today at target. I will go on BF in the afternoon to get everything price matched just like I did last year.

FYI- I found the Magic glow Doodle Bear in the overhead in the toy dept. They were not on the shelf but happy to get some down for me. They rang up the BF price of $7.00 already. Quite a find since they are Quantity Limited and no rain check item. YMMV Good luck!

I am gonna have to check this out at my Targets. I think those would be perfect for the little kids at Children's Medical Center and it would be nice if I didn't have to wait until BF to TRY and get some.

I ran into Target to return something for my daughter and picked up the John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Around conditioner with the bonus rehydrate and curl aropund style product for $2.48. The Blonde Conditioner, extra conditoner and gloss was also $2.48 so I picked those up for DD. End cap by the hair products--there was a bunch of small make up items and cosmentic brush rolls there as well, they had been marked down at leadt twice.

hope this helps someone....

Yes, my name is Pape (pronounced with the accent on the second sylablul (spelling not my strong suit). Came with the husband, so I don't know much about the family, but they are from Seguin TX

Sequin? is is pronounced like "poppy"? If so, There is a Susie Pape that is my daughters 3rd grade teacher here. What a small world! We're located in Ganado! waving!

If you go to the Target main page, all the way at the bottom in the middle, there is a link for "supertarget coupons".

here ya go - it's the link to all the current coupons

http://sites.target.com/site/en/supertarget/page.jsp?title=supertarget_coupons_specials_main&ref=nav1_footer_coupons

They changed the Pepsi coupons from $1.00 off to .50 cents off. I knew I should have printed those coupons out earlier! Lesson learned!