Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I went to Target yesterday after my cousin "christmasangel" told me that Blue Dot was 4/$1. I ended up going there with my other cousin and we really loaded up on stuff!

My SIL is expecting in October and I'm doing her Baby Shower in August. They don't know the sex of the baby yet...so I bought BOY and GIRL stuff. The plaid table cloths, the plaid plates and napkins, the "IT's A Girl" sign, invitations, wrapping paper, big plastic gift bags...like for a stroller or stuff like that...always good to have on hand...and SO MUCH MORE that I can't remember...but everything was based around the baby shower. I'm gonna go to another Target this afternoon to try and get more boy stuff. I'm set for if it's a girl...but I'd like to have an even amount for boys! And with how cheap it is, I'll put whatever we don't use aside for future baby showers. The stuff is so adorable!

OOOH, rule number one YOU WEAR THE PANTS, Rule number two, never ever take a husband.LOL:clapping:

:D

Jenni and I always go to Target looking for clearance deals together... I'll always remember our first Target clearance deal - extension cords. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

I went to Target yesterday after my cousin "christmasangel" told me that Blue Dot was 4/$1. I ended up going there with my other cousin and we really loaded up on stuff!

My SIL is expecting in October and I'm doing her Baby Shower in August. They don't know the sex of the baby yet...so I bought BOY and GIRL stuff. The plaid table cloths, the plaid plates and napkins, the "IT's A Girl" sign, invitations, wrapping paper, big plastic gift bags...like for a stroller or stuff like that...always good to have on hand...and SO MUCH MORE that I can't remember...but everything was based around the baby shower. I'm gonna go to another Target this afternoon to try and get more boy stuff. I'm set for if it's a girl...but I'd like to have an even amount for boys! And with how cheap it is, I'll put whatever we don't use aside for future baby showers. The stuff is so adorable!

What is great about some of that stuff is that it doesn;t have to be for a baby. I got a few packs of the plain notecards and will use them for whatever.

What is great about some of that stuff is that it doesn;t have to be for a baby. I got a few packs of the plain notecards and will use them for whatever.

I got some of the cards and matching giftbags for a quarter each, the butterfly ones were with the baby stuff but would be fine for any little girl.

:D

Jenni and I always go to Target looking for clearance deals together... I'll always remember our first Target clearance deal - extension cords. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

I have actually brought hubby before. He was great help with the Global stuff was 75% off. How else was I to get 2 large and wonderful chairs into my vehicle?

The LSA vases were just clear...however if they would have been a lovely cobalt or something else that struck my fancy, they would have been in my cart. ;)

Guest RedStateGirl

Lol. My DH loves to shop more than any woman that I know :D but I know that I have it good, because most men don't like to shop.

My hubby HATES to shop, unless it is for hunting stuff!!:g_laughin

At my Target today they had River Rock brand keychain LED flashlights for $1.50. I can't tell if they're brighter than the generic keychain LEDs I got online for $1 (plus shipping) because it's light out, but they have a similar size LED and they have a reflector, so it's a fair bet they are brighter. They're made of anodized aluminum and twist to turn on - more convenient than the kind you have to squeeze and hold to turn on. They take 3 button cell batteries. Regularly $6, 75% off.

Also found Krypton and Xenon replacement bulbs for 2, 3 and 4-cell maglights. 75% off.

At my Target today they had River Rock brand keychain LED flashlights for $1.50. I can't tell if they're brighter than the generic keychain LEDs I got online for $1 (plus shipping) because it's light out, but they have a similar size LED and they have a reflector, so it's a fair bet they are brighter. They're made of anodized aluminum and twist to turn on - more convenient than the kind you have to squeeze and hold to turn on. They take 3 button cell batteries. Regularly $6, 75% off.

Also found Krypton and Xenon replacement bulbs for 2, 3 and 4-cell maglights. 75% off.

Why am I not surprised you found Flashlights?

Guest RedStateGirl
I found a $70 Gerber hunting knife for $14 bucks, My hubby loves it. All stores are different but there is a particular one that is my favorite.

I found a $70 Gerber hunting knife for $14 bucks, My hubby loves it. All stores are different but there is a particular one that is my favorite.

Nice! A while back I got a 3" Gerber folding knife for 75% off ($10 final price). Would have bought all of them if they had more, I already had one of the same knife and it's my favorite knife I've ever owned. Also got two Gerber money clip knives for 75% off ($4.50 final price) and a Leatherman for 75% off ($12.50 final price). Those are some of my favorite Target purchases ever. :D

Guest RedStateGirl

Nice! A while back I got a 3" Gerber folding knife for 75% off ($10 final price). Would have bought all of them if they had more, I already had one of the same knife and it's my favorite knife I've ever owned. Also got two Gerber money clip knives for 75% off ($4.50 final price) and a Leatherman for 75% off ($12.50 final price). Those are some of my favorite Target purchases ever. :D

Cool deals. I also found a small Gerber knife for a key chain, however it is rather heavy and a bit awkward on a key chain so I threw it in my jeep's emergency road kit.

Dang it all... I went to check out the one spot after work and picked up 27 mini buckets (figured they'd be good to plant flowers in or use for outdoor candles)... whoops, not on clerance. Gotta return those suckers. :P They didn't have any of the flip flops in Jenni's size, and I love my Sanuk flip flops so I didn't get any of those.

I really like this thread!! If it wasn't for all of you I would have missed out on the dollar spot being 4 for $1. I went today and got a cart load of things. I was especially happy to find all sorts of basketball type item. Magnets, coasters, trivets, pot holders, pizza cutters, etc. I stocked up for DS stocking. I found decorative items that my MIL will like and of course puzzles and games. I also went around the store and found an Ipod case for $.84 and a regular flashlight with batteries for $.48 It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all those who posted about the dollar spot!!

Got alot of the 4/$1 in Dollar Spot - modeling clay, clay cutters, pom poms

Also, found a Disney Beauty and the Beast Barbie doll - the prince with a beast costume and a rose. Regular $19.99; clearance $4.97 (just a little over 75%)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/secrease731/beast.jpg

Was doing my normal rounds Saturday and stumbled on an Eddie Bauer bocce ball set. This isn't your kids bocce ball set, it's the heavy weight regulation set. There were 3 sets no sku's on any. Wodden case was cracked some but all in all everhting else was perfect. I know this cost around 60 or so when they were out last year. Called one of the inventory people over to give me a price. She looks around just decides to blurt out how's 9.99 sound? Sold! Was tempted to get all 3 but the otder half allready gave me that crooked look for buying the one.

Was doing my normal rounds Saturday and stumbled on an Eddie Bauer bocce ball set. This isn't your kids bocce ball set, it's the heavy weight regulation set. There were 3 sets no sku's on any. Wodden case was cracked some but all in all everhting else was perfect. I know this cost around 60 or so when they were out last year. Called one of the inventory people over to give me a price. She looks around just decides to blurt out how's 9.99 sound? Sold! Was tempted to get all 3 but the otder half allready gave me that crooked look for buying the one.

I love how they can do that at Target! That's part of what makes it such a great store. Yesterday I was in there buying some shorts and underwear for my son (He's outgrown his) and I saw some PJ's for my daughter, the silk Valentine ones for $9.98 so I picked them up. I also picked up a polyester set that were marked $4.98. When I got to the checkout, the girl said "Oh the other's were $4.98, I'll just change the price on these too" :runaway:

I love Target

The set the comes in a brown bag is $50, the set in the wooden crate is $99 I think.

Edit: just checked, $89, but it's on sale for $69 this week. Either way, you got a crazy good deal. :)

Guest Deals4Me

I havent been thinking clearly lately... What days are we predicting for 50%, 75% and the 90% to be at Target....

I'm trying to figure out when I'll need the carseat for the boys to be in the car...My sons is always in there...but not the other two...