Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My Experience" Thread

Brad

I also do not understand why a store would allow someone to buy every last game or 3 televisions or all the laptops.

I don't understand it either. It's not fair to anyone, and you know that someone that is buying up 15 laptops (as I read in one thread here that someone say someone else do that), they aren't buying them for themselves, but most likely to resell them for profit.

My Wally World experience was not the greatest experience as far as customer service goes.

I did find it comical to learn that some fools (presumably (1) either from out-of-state, (2) people who live in Mass but don't know about the Blue Laws or(3) just ignorant people who didn't have the sense to call the store ahead of time) were standing in line since 10:00 p.m. when the store did not open until 4:00 a.m....heehee!:D

Getting back to the customer service experience...or lack of...

I don't know if Wally World just goes out and hires people off the street to stand around and block aisles in the store on Black Friday, but they sure as heck do not know where any of their merchandise is. All I wanted was Beautyrest 500 count sheets for $19.88. They were there alright. Sitting under a sign marked $39.00. So of course I didn't pay any attention to them b/c I was looking for a sign that said $19.88! Long story short, the sheets were scanned and I was assured they would ring up $19.88.

Rubbermaid containers were right near the door when you walked in. Last thing I'm looking for as I'm being pushed towards a shopping cart...

Where are the hoodies? I don't know, answers the not-so-knowledgeable employee. Then she moves only to reveal...duhduhduh...the hoodies sitting in a display that she was blocking with her big, fat butt!:shock:

I went to Walmart at 9:30 Thanksgiving evening and there were about 30 people in line, the Walmart I went to was not going to open at midnight because of the neighborhood would complain if they did. I went there with my daughter and husband, we got in line then we landed up leaving about hour later because my husband and daughter were freezeing. It was a good thing that we did I landed up buying everything I wanted at Walmart online, I got the

19 inch TV

32 inch emerson TV

blue ray player

Nintendo ds lite

and got a 24 inch TV for 149.00 shipped using prime from Amazon

so I think I did pretty good and I didn't have to stand outside freezing.

were you at the my walmart where the local PD was asked to make the annoucement that the store was not opening till 4? I think 150 people at least made a mass exodus. LOL. To Walmarts credit... they allowed us to use the bathroom this year. I was shocked. I also did not find the sheets and had small confrontations with associates that were at the queue spots where I needed gen merchandise that was there... like mens underwear... she was all like "YOU NEED A TICKET!!!!" really mens underwear needs a ticket? uggh

My night began at Wal-Mart at about 10PM; my sister and I hoping to get a jump on the cheap movies. However, it seemed like everybody else had our idea; as the DVDs and such where already out and a mob of people where already picking it clean, but we did manage to squeeze through the crowd and get a few we wanted (And I found a few to give as Christmas gifts). We also wanted to look at their cheap games, but thanks to a lack of communication between employees, we didn't know where the games where until we where already in the checkout line (Some said they are already out on the floor, others said they wouldn't be out until 5AM, and some said they're already sold out of them. This reminded me of BF 2007; when a lack of communication between employees had me running around like a rat in a maze to find the Guitar Hero bundle they had on sale). However, we got out of that madhouse pretty quickly; as I took my sister back to her house.

After driving all across town to find some place that was open, served coffee, and had free Wifi I could use to look up when Gamestop was opening (Because I wanted to get that PS3 bundle they had, and knew it'd be easier than fighting the crowd at Wal-Mart), eventually settling with heading back to my house and doing all this. Once I knew they where opening at 5AM, I proceeded to wait it out at home; since I didn't feel like standing out in the cold for over 3 hours, because my jacket wasn't very warm (It's good because it's really easy to move in, but bad because it's way too thin) and my warmest pair of jeans just wasn't enough. At 4AM, I proceeded to head over to Gamestop, to make sure I get a parking spot before it got packed with people going to Wal-Mart (The two stores share a parking lot) and begin to wait outside for an hour; joining a small group of about 4 people who where already waiting. To pass the time, we talked about the crazy things we had seen earlier in the morning; one lady mentioning she was at a Wal-Mart in a bigger city earlier in the morning, where she saw a fight break out over a $2 towel, of all things.

As we waited in the cold, we also discussed what we where there to get; which thankfully, everybody out there at the moment where after completely different things, which meant no competition. Just 5 minutes until they opened (The group of people waiting having grown to about 20 people), the store manager came outside to explain how the sale was setup, any special offers not listed in the printed ad, and letting us know what the ground rules are, to ensure a much safer shopping experience than a certain store on the other side of the parking lot. After 5 more minutes, we where let inside; a kind employee greeting us and asking if we where after any of the system bundled they had on sale, so they could pull it from the back and have it waiting on the back counter while we looked around (Which is something else that impressed me; the manager really thought this one through). They also had both registers running to keep the line moving quickly, so the wait wasn't long at all. I was out of there in less than 30 minutes, with what I came for in hand; which felt pretty good, after how many times I left Wal-Mart empty-handed because of a number of reasons over the past 7 years I've gone to these sales.

All in all, it was a good morning; it being brought to a satisfying end when I finally got to get some much-needed sleep, after being up for nearly 24 hours straight (My cat decided I needed to get up at 6AM on Thanksgiving, and I didn't get a chance to take a nap that afternoon before going to meet up with my sister).

I got the $69 blu-ray player from walmart. I got mine at 12:01, it was the same one on the shelf for $118 so I scanned it for the price and it came up $69. I was so happy I didn't have to come back at 5, but I did anyway. My only complaint is that the 12:01 sale was as bad as the 5:00 sales used to be. People were everywhere, I got stuck at the $2 dvds and couldn't get out for 10 minutes. We were jammed shoulder to shoulder. They had our stuff wrapped up and you couldn't touch it till 12:01. And some of the sales items were missing, like the $10 Crock Pot, the $5 bedroom shoes, etc. So I don't know.

Started some of my Black Friday shopping before I went to bed on Wednesday Night. Ordered some items on-line from Amazon and Best Buy. Enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and once we had finished up our card games at midnight, headed out to WM to have them price match the Menards price for the Cricut Expression. I was surprised when we pulled into the WM parking lot the we had to park in an overflow area. The games were picked over by 12:20 but found 5 movies to buy, grabbed 2 crock pots and PM'ed the cricut.

Went back home to sleep for an hour or so and got to Target around 3:30am. We have been getting there 30 minutes before opening for the last 3 years and have always been not very far back. This year was a different story, we were all the way back to the corner of store. By the time T opened the line curved and went all the way to the back of the Target store. DH went for 2 sets of the Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-3 and I went back to Electonics and got the garmin (thank everyone for the tip on the $30 cpn) and the Ipod 8gb for DS. Found the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for $7.99, Nerf dart gun, fleece pj bottoms and bedsheets. Check lines were a breeze ~ went through 3 times for the $10 gift card. Used a 5% off certificate and our Target CC for another 5% off. Left very happy!

We then headed of to Kmart for DS Darth Vader clock, TRU for PS3 controller and the off to Sams Club for breakfast before going back home to sleep. Later that day DH went to Old Navy for some jeans for our DS.

Overall had a good day!

Well, after the stuff I bought online Thanksgiving, I set out for Wal-Mart at 10pm. I just wanted to scope the place and see if anyone was there. Found some folks camping the plastic wrapped pallets so I decided to stay. No one was putting anything in their carts until 12:01. There were cops and employees everywhere! As soon as someone said go, there was a frenzy (which I felt was weird since we were all standing directly in front of what we wanted...)

I got the $39 bike for dh, 2 sets of $4 pjs, a $5 sleep shirt for dh, and a sweater for me (can't remember how much). I checked out the movies but nothing screamed buy me. There was a line camped around the store and I thought it would take forever, but then I went to the other side of the store and was 3rd in line in a 20 items or less. So, the whole trip took me about 40 mins.

Then I went to Target and was about 30 people back. I was waiting on one item...there were people lined up at the cars who looked like they were waiting their chance to jump line, but Target security was out in force and blocked them from being able to do it. After waiting in line for 3 hours, I made a beeline for the movies looking for the Ultimate Edition Harry Potter Year 3 and I couldn't find any! Not that people had grabbed them, just that they weren't part of the display. I asked an employee and he told me to check the regular shelves. I did that and couldn't find them there either. Needless to say, I am a bit miffed at this point as I haven't slept in 24 hours and I still had to make a 400 mile trip later that day! I found that same employee and told him there were none on the shelf and he kindly looked it up. Turns out, they had pulled them ALL to the stock room. He promptly went to get me one. Don't advertise it if you aren't going to put them out!!

Ok so far I think my BEST Black Friday buy was Big Lots had Zhu Zhu hamsters and playsets for $5. Took the paper to Walmart and bought the most expensive playset for $5!! I about freaked when the girl just rung it up like it didn't even matter!! I said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!My daughter will love me more now :)

I just do not understand all of this violence for video games and dvd's. It disturbs me on so many levels.

I also do not understand why a store would allow someone to buy every last game or 3 televisions or all the laptops. I know people have different opinions on buying limits, but if having a limit in place can help to make the entire experience less stressful and quite frankly, safer then they should impose limits. Especially when they only get 4 of each game or three laptops total. I think limits would make it easier on the employees as well.

These stores need to be held responsible for the environments they create. They create the chaos, they create the unsafe conditions. Yes, people need to be held responsible for their actions and the stores need to also.

You are 100% correct!

The problem is, people will always find a way to get around set rules. The family in front of me with 5 people will just bring 2 tents next time and act like they do not know each other to get around any limits set.

It really is sad and the violence is hard to watch.

The police were called twice before 1:00 am at our best buy for line cutting.

I truly hope no one was in REAL need for law enforcement at that time.

So as much as I would like to see some rules in place, I know human nature, and people who are not nice will remain just that, rules or not :(

1. Got to Target at 4:10am

- Got the last X360, 2nd to last Mario Galaxy 2, & Need 4 Speed: Hot Pursuit, DVDs and a few other items

- In line for about 20-30 minutes

- time in store: 50 minutes

2. Sports Authority - didn't get a gift card, so I left

- time in store 30 seconds

3. Home Depot at about 5:15am

- Got the last Dremel 4000, Cantilever organizer, and 4 poinsettia

- time in store: 20 minutes

4. Didn't go to Best Buy

5. Kmart

- a big strike out, (still have a $30 gaming coupon that I need to use on Madden 11 or an X360 Silver controller before 1/1/11)

- time in store 30 minutes and I didn't get anything

6. Walmart

- Got the last NBA 2k11, it was behind other games, All 3 Bourne Movies (they had to price match 2 of them), Robin Hood, Rope light and a few other items.

- time in store 45 minutes

After breakfast (When out with the wife):

Costco - free Cookbook, pictures and stamps

Kohl's - Various odds and ends, not very successful, some of the stuff was more expensive then we thought

Mall - JC Penny, Old Navy - various wife things

3pm done, went home to chill

Ok so far I think my BEST Black Friday buy was Big Lots had Zhu Zhu hamsters and playsets for $5. Took the paper to Walmart and bought the most expensive playset for $5!! I about freaked when the girl just rung it up like it didn't even matter!! I said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!My daughter will love me more now :)

DOH! Why didn't I think of that? I left Walmart, backtracked to an actual Big Lots store for the Zhu Zhu set, then went back past Walmart on my way to my next stop. If I pm'd the playset at WM I might have made it to Kmart in time for the Blue Tooth headset I wanted! I would have saved time, anyways. Again, DOH!

I just got back from vacation now! So here is my Black Friday story

First I must say I forgot how crazy it is shopping in NY. I have been spoiled the last few years in Fl where the lines are nothing compared to what they were in NY.

First stop we went to was TRU express at 10pm. I was really upset because I called ahead of time and they said they had most of the Black Friday items but they had practically NOTHING there. Luckily one of my other friends were at tru and got everything on my list for me.

Then my bff and I did the outlets....lines were INSANE but great deals

Went to VS, BBW, Disney store, Childrens Place, Old Navy, Justice, and a few other stores...got sooo many gifts at great prices. Would have picked up more but lines were insane!

Went to Kmart afterwards and got almost everything on my list. Was psyched to get almost all the barbie dvds for 3.99. i have had them all at one time or another but my girls have scratched most of them from watching them so much. I also scored there on a pair of gold dora earrings for my dd for 16.00!!

My other friend hit up Walmart for me n got all the dvds I wanted but unfortunatley by the time she hit Target most of the things I wanted were gone!

Started at 9pm got home at 7am...Best score was my Vampire Diaries dvd set for 12.99 almost lost my mind when my friend told me they were all sold out at Target but they were price matched at 730 am on Amazon so I waited up the half hour got the #1 thing on my list then crashed!!

Black Friday was a success for me...I def cant wait till next year though to be back home shopping in my regular stores and routine =)

Ok, so this makes my 4th attempt to put my BF expeirence on here and it keeps not posting it so instead of posting my long story again, I am going to give the short version. I stayed up 30 straight hours for BF. NEVER AGAIN will I do that. My body didn't care for that to much. By 4am, I was puking and felt like I had the flu. I wasn't sleepy though. Some how and I dont know how, but I made it thru it and got alot of great deals. I even had to get my SIL to stand in line for me a few times so I could run to the bathroom and throw up! Our timeline went like this 12am-Walmart, 3:00am-Kohls, 4:15-Target, 8am-HH Gregg, 9:30am-Mall. We were eating lunch by 11:30 and home by 1:30pm. Overall, Target was the best. I bought my DS his Xbox 360 and got $60 in GC. I spent another $100 on toys/clothes/etc and got another $10 GC. Not to bad! I am going shopping again this weekend and don't plan on getting sick again. LOL!

First I must say I forgot how crazy it is shopping in NY. I have been spoiled the last few years in Fl where the lines are nothing compared to what they were in NY.

First stop we went to was TRU express at 10pm. I was really upset because I called ahead of time and they said they had most of the Black Friday items but they had practically NOTHING there. Luckily one of my other friends were at tru and got everything on my list for me.

Went to VS, BBW, Disney store, Childrens Place, Old Navy, Justice, and a few other stores...got sooo many gifts at great prices. Would have picked up more but lines were insane!

Went to Kmart afterwards and got almost everything on my list. Was psyched to get almost all the barbie dvds for 3.99. i have had them all at one time or another but my girls have scratched most of them from watching them so much. I also scored there on a pair of gold dora earrings for my dd for 16.00!!

My other friend hit up Walmart for me n got all the dvds I wanted but unfortunatley by the time she hit Target most of the things I wanted were gone!

Started at 9pm got home at 7am...Best score was my Vampire Diaries dvd set for 12.99 almost lost my mind when my friend told me they were all sold out at Target but they were price matched at 730 am on Amazon so I waited up the half hour got the #1 thing on my list then crashed!!

Black Friday was a success for me...I def cant wait till next year though to be back home shopping in my regular stores and routine =)

"Insane", "crazy", "lost my mind"-are you a therapist? :D:)

Sounds great and successful!

Did you have a good time at the wedding?

My BF was pretty good. Went to Wally World at 9:30, loaded up tons of stuff to price match to TRU ad. Had NO problem. Ended up checking out at 10:01 with ALL of the stuff we were going to go to TRU for. Went to car, put in bags. Back in to Wally World! We walked around the place until the pallets started to come out. Wife camped the DVD's and got everything we wanted and the WII games we wanted. PJ's were no problem at all. Toys were easy to come by... there was a TON of everything. Shark mop, check. Got in line and was about 12th in line. Easy checkout at 12:20. To the car. Nap until 2:30. To Boscovs where we got stupid handbags as our free gift : ( Hit BonTon where we got the jewelry and PJ's we wanted there. Off to TRU for the 5 a.m. Doorbusters by 4:45. No line anywhere. Walked in, got our mega bloks and DS games, and left happy with no wait. Went back to Wally World to see if we could grab any 5 o'clock electronics deals. Sure enough we got our printer (still 2 left) our Belkin (still 4 left) and could have even gotten a couple of the TV's (not Emerson or Sansui, though). Ate breakfast at McD's. Got to Target about 6:30 and got the couple of things we wanted there (about 5 minute line wait).

Overall, awesome. I'll do it again next year. So happy Wal Mart the the PM this year on doorbusters!

I found out our walmart was giving out tickets early for the electronics so before we could even finish looking at the sales ads after dinner, we were on our way to Walmart at 9pm, got the last ticket for the laptop, had my sis wait in line for me so I could get the games at 12, but they had "misplaced" them they had us moving all around the store and it was nuts, didn't get all I wanted but got some things. I bought 11 Wii games, and as I started wrapping presents these last couple of days I noticed my games were missing, called Walmart was told they had them so I went tonight and they had already put them back on the shelf...they were GONE of course. So if they do not have them at my other walmart then I was told to buy them online, which most are $19.99 x's that by 7 that are missing...I don't think so. I am so upset, it was the WORST experience I have had at Walmart. With them doing everything earlier this time ruined my normal shopping routine, same with Target opening at 4 instead of 6.

After the ads for thanksgiving day were release, had nice dinner. Napped till 8pm headed to walmart about 9:30 waited and got what i needed there. Movies, Fire box for myself, sheets and fleece items. Came home did the walmart electronics for the printer online, hit a few of the online stores that aren't in this small town. Napped from 3 am to 6am, and headed to ace to get doorbusters there, ran to work, go my check and cashed. Returned home and got ready to go to big city, about an hour and a half away for best buy, target, did sam's club. Hit the mall going into many stores using their advertised coupons for things on sale. Back to a different best buy and jcpenny homestore. Got home about 8pm. All in all, got everything I needed for xmas. And many bonus gifts for myself with all the $10 dollar blu rays and dvd sets that were on sale. Nothing big electronically, but still lots of money saved.

I don't understand it either. It's not fair to anyone, and you know that someone that is buying up 15 laptops (as I read in one thread here that someone say someone else do that), they aren't buying them for themselves, but most likely to resell them for profit.

It happened it us once and I was not happy with Best buy. I think it was in 2004. I think they get so many new employees some just started the week before and dont know the rules is my guys but still not exceptable

Jacksonville, FL. 1st in line, got everything we were after. Got home and took a nap. An hour later, my $675 LG 50" plasma TV was delivered. I then checked my email for the entertainment center that i ordered for it. It came in! Went to get it, and while i was there, I noticed that all of the Bluray deals were still there!!! I even pricematched a few. What a great Birthday it was!!!