** Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

In that ad it also says. Holiday Map at walmart.com enter zip your loca ofl walmart to view a map of the store and find the labeled locations of the products. I went to walmart.com and did not see it guess its not up yet. That will make finding stuff so much better! Great idea Walmart.

Target does this too and the map is usually up online the week of BF so my guess is Walmart's map wouldn't be up until next week.

Now that I've seen this (very clear) scan ad, I don't really need any of the 5am doorbusters but am happy that the movies and Blu-Rays can be purchased at midnight! I think I will be dropping my sister off at Target with the lawn chairs around 12:30 or 1am and running across town to Walmart and get some movies and maybe the animal tent for my sister and brother-in-law's nephew. Then pick up some hot chocolate and meet my sister back at Target to wait for them to open.

While I understand why some people don't like the two doorbuster times, it's really great for those of us who just go for movies and littler things and want doorbusters at other stores. I'm just hoping the Walmart in our smaller town (with the much less crowded Target on BF) is going to be open all night since it's not a 24hr store. I'll have to call them up next week to double check!

you can now view your local ad on from a link on walmart facebook

http://apps.facebook.com/walmartfb/default.aspx

Funny how Walmart is calling it an "Annual Event" and Electronics event...and referring to it as "your Nov. 26 shopping trip"..um, you mean BLACK FRIDAY, right, Wally?

They just can't handle the fact that their ad leaked early. LOL

About those 20" bikes - are hot, fly out the store items? Is there a descent chance of getting one if I'm not there right away? Does anyone have any first hand reviews with this brand? And do they come assembled? Are there similar or better deals usually offered in the springtime?

About those 20" bikes - are hot, fly out the store items? Is there a descent chance of getting one if I'm not there right away? Does anyone have any first hand reviews with this brand? And do they come assembled? Are there similar or better deals usually offered in the springtime?

I bought a bike at WM a couple years ago on BF. It was not a fly off the shelf/pallet "hot" item. They had a lot of them, we grabbed one right away but within the first couple hours they were all gone. They come in a box but we took the box back in to customer service on Saturday. They called one of the bike guys up to take it to the back and put it together. We came back after about an hour and it was all ready. They do not charge for assembly!

I need some help, I am looking at the HP Pavilion Desktop Tower for 498 & would like some feedback. If any has had a HP, have you had many problems, would you recommend this brand? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't need a whole puter just the tower so this caught my eye. I prefer purchasing one in a store in case of problems don't have to bother shipping it back.

Does anyone know anything about the 55' tv listed in the ad, brand name "Element"? Was wondering if it is any good, or would we be better off sticking with a familiar "name brand"?

There is nothing wrong with the Element brand, it's just a budget line, similar to Best Buy's Insignia line. They are manufactured by Element Electronics, their website is www.elementelectronics.com, the parent company also sells Emerson and Polaroid brand TVs and other products.

Never bought any Tv's or big electronics at Walmart. Do they do any sort of tickets? Or is the lines at least orderly. I would hate to get in a line and it not be for the TV I want!

It varies by stores (Supercenters and regular stores, etc) but I know the 24 hour supercenters usually have items scattered all around the store, along with a map showing you the location of each item, then you just go stand by what you want til 5am, and pray to God you don't get trampled in the process :P

the 5' monster HDMI cable - will that work for any TV? Will it be an actual listing for the map, or will no one be able to find it? Oddly enough, it is the only thing I am after!

Yeah, HDMI cables are pretty much universal, at least the ones that connect to TVs, now if the other end is connecting to a cell phone or other device like that, you may run into different connectors. But usually if you're going from a game system, cable box or satellite box to a tv, then a regular hdmi cable is all you need. That being said, don't fall into the trap of paying too much for HDMI cables, most can do the trick for under $10 if you're willing to buy online :)

[quote name='iluvwalmart;1774782]I need some help, I am looking at the HP Pavilion Desktop Tower for 498 & would like some feedback. If any has had a HP, have you had many problems, would you recommend this brand? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't need a whole puter just the tower so this caught my eye. I prefer purchasing one in a store in case of problems don't have to bother shipping it back.

I owned an HP computer several years ago, never really had any problems with them. A lot of times these companies will throw a lot of software on these systems that you probably don't need (or want for that matter). You'll want to create a backup CD for the operating system, as these companies don't usually include a Windows CD these days, and you'll need that backup CD if you ever need to re-install Windows on it. Basically you'll want to look at how much memory and how much hard drive space is in these computers, bigger is always better, and how much you want to spend on it.

There is nothing wrong with the Element brand, it's just a budget line, similar to Best Buy's Insignia line. They are manufactured by Element Electronics, their website is www.elementelectronics.com, the parent company also sells Emerson and Polaroid brand TVs and other products.

Thanks Ares! I am familiar with the Insignia brand at BB, But the name Element threw me off-I've never heard of it!

I owned an HP computer several years ago, never really had any problems with them. A lot of times these companies will throw a lot of software on these systems that you probably don't need (or want for that matter). You'll want to create a backup CD for the operating system, as these companies don't usually include a Windows CD these days, and you'll need that backup CD if you ever need to re-install Windows on it. Basically you'll want to look at how much memory and how much hard drive space is in these computers, bigger is always better, and how much you want to spend on it.

Thanks for your input :)