Weather this year on Black Friday

evansmommy9902

The weather man on the news tonight addressed all the crazy BF shoppers of Minnesota - he said, "For all you Black Friday shoppers that line up at stores, wear everything you have in the house...then go buy a new jacket and wear that, too. It's gonna be freezing!" lol

It's gonna snow here Wednesday and part of Thanksgiving. Then it's going to get super cold. Snow, I don't mind, but I'm not ready for 9 degree weather yet. lol

Ah the lovely snow then cold combination. At least we're not getting a repeat of Sunday with the ice, that'd be terrible for all the shoppers.

Well they are predicting snow for BF here but I don't stand outside anymore. We start at the mall so we are inside. The first couple years we started BF shopping they had a designated door where they handed out GCs to that store. They no longer hand out gift cards soooo we go inside the mall and stay nice & warm :)

They are calling for a Tur-Duc-Hen type of forecast. They have said it so much that we're talking about turning it into a drinking game!

It's raining and chilly now, jumping from 40 to 70 within 2 hours this afternoon. Right after it hits 70, we're supposed to get slammed with a cold front, spawning tornadoes and torrential rains. It's supposed to ice and snow tonight with ice accumulation tomorrow. FUN!!!

WOW they just updated the weather to -16 and blizzard expecting 4-6 inches of snow

Oh bless your heart! Hope you can somehow manage to stay warm!! :)

We'll be out late Thursday evening through Black Friday - temps are supposed to drop and chance of some precip. We'll see how it plays out!

I'm just a little north of you, sweetdiggedy. Here in the northern burbs we have a forecast of 7 degrees overnight (-15 wind chills) with a high of 19 Friday. At least the snow will be done falling (it's a beautiful show right now as I sit in my living room!). I'll be digging into my husband's hunting gear for some hand and toe warmers.

At 12:30pm on Thursday afternoon, it was 76 degrees with high humidity and a "Feels Like" of 82 degrees. Five hours later, it was 47 degrees with a cold rain, 20mph+ winds with a "Feels Like" of 37 degrees. Almost nobody that was in line from the beginning was prepared for such a dramatic shift.

I know that those numbers are laughable compared to our brothers and sisters to the North. But watching 100 people realize that they were woefully underprepared to deal with the elements made my wife understand why the first App that I ever downloaded onto my iPod was The Weather Channel.