Weather this year on Black Friday

evansmommy9902

I am usually always in my 24 hour Walmart nice and cozy. LOL. Already have my items in the cart and also my price matched items ready to go (at my Walmart you can put everything in you carts by 2am and wait until checkout (the only items you have to stand in line for is electronics.

For the average in the Phoenix, AZ area it's supposed to be about 47 degrees when the doors open at 4am. We gotta wait 'til next week to see the more 'official' forecast for BF.

::High Five::

I love Arizona. Born and Raised. I'll never leave. No treading through snow for me. Just some baseball sized hail once every 30 years... lol.

Right now for Northern Metro Detroit in MI Thursday's low is 24 degrees if I am out at midnight, then Friday is mostly cloudy with a high of 39. So I will be running around in between 24 and 39 degrees but good thing is no precipitation thank goodness! I hope it will warm up a little!

OK...I'm not a camper anyway, but I was thinking about getting to Target early. Our weather man just said Thanksgiving day is in the 30's, blustery, and snow flurries. I love the cold weather, especially for shopping for Christmas but not thrilled about standing in line when it's windy and cold. Are you changing your plans at all or are you going to stick it out? I may hit my local walmart so I can be nice and warm lol. Of course this is Ohio, it can be 70 one day and 20 the next and our weather people are notoriously wrong mucjh of the time.:yup:

OK...I'm not a camper anyway, but I was thinking about getting to Target early. Our weather man just said Thanksgiving day is in the 30's, blustery, and snow flurries. I love the cold weather, especially for shopping for Christmas but not thrilled about standing in line when it's windy and cold. Are you changing your plans at all or are you going to stick it out? I may hit my local walmart so I can be nice and warm lol. Of course this is Ohio, it can be 70 one day and 20 the next and our weather people are notoriously wrong mucjh of the time.:yup:

Man here for metro Detroit MI I am looking at 63 degrees on Monday and 33 with flurries on Thursday, 33 and windy Friday!

Our forecast for northeast Nebraska is a high of 41 and low of 21 - much better than wednesday and thursday which only have highs in the 20s. And only a 10% chance of precip.

BUT......

I was in Omaha last weekend, the forecast was for flurries and maybe a light dusting. There was 5+ inches of that nasty snow. so I don't believe any forecast when it comes to winter weather.

Still early for a really good forecast (I figure about 3-4 days out is pretty good), but for us in NYC, the forecast is 50% chance of showers on Thanksgiving, all sunny on BF, with a high of 50 degrees Thanksgiving, 43 degrees on BF, and a low of a chilly 33 degrees while we are waiting in line that one night (but hopefully dry by that time).

The forecast for Sarasota, FL shows a balmy 82 high and 60 low. Thoe Friday afternoon and evening has that dropping to a low of 48 and a 40% chance of rain. So if that cold front moves in earlier then expected, we can get some weather thursday-friday transition. If not. Seems global warming is making this a very easy bareing Black Friday. Which... sucks... I like a little excitement.

Right now it looks like rain with the possibility of wet snow Thanksgiving night here in Southern NH. Gonna swing by Sears tomorrow to see if there is some kind of roof or something to stand under. The only positive...hopefully it will make some people stay home! ;)

I figure the weather Thanksgiving night / BF morning will be somewhere between the Thursday and Friday forecasts. Unfortunately for us in the New York City area, that means rain . (Minnesotta and Wisconsin will be snowy (good for Brad since he will be staying at his computer anyway), and the Windy City will be .... windy.)

Thursday Forecast (as of Sunday evening)

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/mcwalker59/ThuForecast.jpg

Friday Forecast (as of Sunday evening)

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/mcwalker59/FriForecast.jpg

According to the forcast Cleveland will be dropping from 66 today to a daytime high of 33 Thursday. It is expected to be windy with rain changing to snow overnight Thursday.

Sounds great to me! I plan on going out early friday (or is it late thursday? I'm so confused!), but I have no intention of waiting in line for the $2 movies and $3 sandwich makers I plan on picking up. I'll stay nice and cozy in my car until opening time. Maybe the wind/rain/snow will dicourage some people from getting out of bed so I can show up 1/2 after opening and still get my goodies.

The weather man on the news tonight addressed all the crazy BF shoppers of Minnesota - he said, "For all you Black Friday shoppers that line up at stores, wear everything you have in the house...then go buy a new jacket and wear that, too. It's gonna be freezing!" lol

It's gonna snow here Wednesday and part of Thanksgiving. Then it's going to get super cold. Snow, I don't mind, but I'm not ready for 9 degree weather yet. lol