Walmart Ad - Being Printed In Our Area / CNN Story

yellowlilax

I'm sure with all the extremely high amount of security procedures they used to protect the ad, they know about it being discussed on CNN (and likely everywhere else). The person I deal with at WM has my cell phone number and as soon as WM decides to pull the legal threat, the ad will be up. Being a Saturday night, I doubt that will happen before tomorrow at the earliest though.

I would call them as well. Brad is losing traffic to this site when other sites can freely talk about it.

If some of you are disappointed after alledgedly seeing this ad, then perhaps you may need to rethink your plans based upon need, versus impulse buying. I have done just that and have found quite a few bargains out there. I will be buying replacements that will upgrade my HD setup, rather than buy more of the same, since it is an unbeatable price. I have mentioned before that market trends, internet price checking, and reviewing past BF deals are a good indicator of just what a deal is, not because a group of know-it-alls panned it. I already know where I am going to be on Black Friday, where will you be?

And who are you to tell someone what they want?

I'm sure with all the extremely high amount of security procedures they used to protect the ad, they know about it being discussed on CNN (and likely everywhere else). The person I deal with at WM has my cell phone number and as soon as WM decides to pull the legal threat, the ad will be up. Being a Saturday night, I doubt that will happen before tomorrow at the earliest though.

Brad--I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all that you do! I am sure dealing with all these companies and their legal threats can be a PIA. I know so many of us appreciate being able to know what the BF sales are in advance so we can have a plan of action and save as much $ as possible. Thank you!

I ditto the above...appreciate this site...and how it enables me to save a buck. I trust this site and have been coming here throughout the years...and especially at Black Friday time for about 4 years now. I do check a couple of other sites during the year as I need promotional codes, etc....but even having seen the Walmart scan on the aforementioned site...that site won't be my mainstay. Gottadeal is!

If some of you are disappointed after alledgedly seeing this ad, then perhaps you may need to rethink your plans based upon need, versus impulse buying. I have done just that and have found quite a few bargains out there. I will be buying replacements that will upgrade my HD setup, rather than buy more of the same, since it is an unbeatable price. I have mentioned before that market trends, internet price checking, and reviewing past BF deals are a good indicator of just what a deal is, not because a group of know-it-alls panned it. I already know where I am going to be on Black Friday, where will you be?

Well, this year myself like so many others ARE buying based on need. After seeing the ads that have come out, I was anticipating Walmart to hit a homerun like past seasons. Unfortunately, they did not meet expectations. Their ad is no longer "alleged" as more than a dozen sites have it prominently displayed. Meijer has the best deals for what I NEED this year! Kmart may not have the best tv and electronic sales, but home furnishings and clothing should be pretty good. My budget this year has changed drastically, where my "toys" have taken a back seat to stocking my fridge and pantry and ensuring my children are not making snowmen naked this winter. That is all.

After reading the CNN article, I think those piles of merchandise I saw this morning were getting ready for bf. But they merchandise wasn't under plastic. I didn't go to the toysection. Maybe I'll take a trip tomorrow and check the other walmart to see if both stores have the same merchandise stacked up.

OK so if we can't talk about the "ad", can we talk about where they will place the skids? Every year I bring this up and Brad, you seem to find the "map":eyepoppin of where they are going to place the items in the store. When you get this, can you start a new thread? Or anyone else? thanks!

OK so if we can't talk about the "ad", can we talk about where they will place the skids? Every year I bring this up and Brad, you seem to find the "map":eyepoppin of where they are going to place the items in the store. When you get this, can you start a new thread? Or anyone else? thanks!

They will be posting maps on walmart.com the week of BF like they did last year.

They will be posting maps on walmart.com the week of BF like they did last year.

Yeah, I downloaded those maps so I could plan my route through the store to get all of my stuff in the quickest amount of time but when I got there nothing was in the same place that it said on the map. I hope it is more organized this year.

it doesn't matter what walmart will have, i am not stepping foot in there. they can sell a 50in tv for $199, but won't find me there. my local one is a jungle even at like 10am. waited about half hour for a chair last year, and the line did not move. so, i just ditched the damn thing right then and there and walked out. they should stop being hard asses and let brad post it as the ad is all over the web. nothing interesting for me in there, but i was not planning on getting anything anyway.

Yeah, I downloaded those maps so I could plan my route through the store to get all of my stuff in the quickest amount of time but when I got there nothing was in the same place that it said on the map. I hope it is more organized this year.

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one that had that problem!! Totally ticked me off when I saw that I wasted the ink on a worthless map!

According to the CNN article the stores are going to open at midnight, but the big doorbusters are from 5am-11am. How do they work that? Can I go at midnight and stick the doorbuster items in my cart and just wander around until 5:01 am then hit the checkout line?

According to the CNN article the stores are going to open at midnight, but the big doorbusters are from 5am-11am. How do they work that? Can I go at midnight and stick the doorbuster items in my cart and just wander around until 5:01 am then hit the checkout line?

The big items like TV and stuff will have lines and won't hand out items/tickets til 5am.

No way. Here is how it worked last year. Last year the "big items" like laptops, some tv's, maybe a blue-ray or two. I wanted a laptop. They never closed last year. So at about 1:00am I got there and was told that I could line up at 3:00am for the laptop. There were specific places to line up for each big item. So at 3:00am I went to the laundry isle and they gave me a number. They had one number for each laptop so when the numbers were gone no more people were allowed in the line. Once in line you could not leave the line except to go to the bathroom, I am not freeking kidding on this one they gave you a bathroom pass and all. At 5:00am you walked up to a table gave the clerk your number and they gave you a laptop. Now let's say you went alone and wanted a laptop and a tv. Well, you were out of luck on that one.

All the other merchandise is in the isles wrapped in black plastic. At 5:00am they cut the plastic and start letting people pick up that stuff. It took me 25mins to get from the laundry dept to the toy dept and most of the stuff was pretty picked over by then. Then 20 more mins to get to the registers and 20 more mins to check out. Don't think that you are going to skip through Wal-mart picking up stuff and stroll out like 8:00pm on a Wednesday. This is hard core shopping. Forget the carts they just slow you down. Grab what you can and head for the registers. Check out, then come back at 10:00 and clean up what's left.

The WHOLE PURPOSE of this "Open House Midnight Sale" is exactly that. You can buy all the non-doorbuster midnight-sale items starting at midnight...take them to your car, go home, wait around, do whatever you want. The only things you CANNOT buy at midnight are the 5AM items. Anything else is fair game, that's the whole purpose of this midnight sale:)